battle.net appear offline option/privacy settings

i did search but nothing came up so i apologise if this has been asked before. is it possible to appear offline to my b.net buddies? i like them and all but sometimes i just want to play an alt or something and not have to talk to people. i know it's an mmo but every now and then it's nice to get my solo play on. if this option isn't available, is there an addon that adds this feature?
    somebody call for d doctor?

No, its not possible and likely will never be available, and no addon can change it. When Bnet chat came out Blizz said that if you didn't want somebody to see you online then don't send them a bnet friend invite.

Its all server side, so no addon can change anything, and Blizz seems adamant about never adding this feature

aww ok

thanks though
    somebody call for d doctor?

Not currently possible, though it is something I think I mentioned, or have at least liked the idea of before.
    You can do that with many IM clients or similar so I see no reason why you should not be able to do so for RealID.
    I am also surprised that there is not an option to have that cross-barrier communication without the need to share the email address.
    Not everyone has the desire to share that, but would still like the functionality to talk to in-game friends.