Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Who is your most memorable character?

I'll tell you who mine is. Yuffie from Final Fantasy 7. I will never forget the day she stole all my materia and left me high and dry. On top of that, I had not obtained many potions throughout my travels and the cheeky wench told the guys in Wutai to not sell me anything >.< So I could not even heal my self at all.

Then when I finally did find her she legged it and had me chasing her round Wutai trying to find her... grrr
    The amount of times I ran past the barrel and didn't see it move would seem exaggerated, but it took me 4 days to find her when she hid in there lol.

So then I get going into the mountains after countless hours and realize I can't defeat the enemies because I can't heal myself and had to get back in the tiny bronco and sail all the way back across the ocean just to get some potions.

So who was your most memorable character? Or characters if you have more than one.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me its a tie between a few but I can easily pick out who that few are:

-B.B. Hood from the Darkstalkers series. I had played the first Darkstalkers game but Bonnie wasn't added as a character until a later sequel which I didn't get around to playing until after I first saw her. The first time I was introduced was when I first got Marvel vs Capcom 2 on my Dreamcast. I remember getting the message that I had unlocked a new character and it said B.B. Hood and I remember saying "who the fuck is that?. I go to the character select screen to try her out and see its some little girl dressed like red riding hood so I figure ok its gonna be some character like Roll. So i start the match...HOLY FRACTLE SHE HAS MACHINE GUNS! NOW SHE HAS GIANT HUNTING KNIVES!? DID I JUST SHOOT A ROCKET OUT OF HER BASKET!? LANDMINES!? SHES THROWING OUT LANDMINES!? Long story short she instantly became close to my favorite video game character ever. Ironically I did have a game with her in it before I unlocked her on my NeoGeo Pocket but I never noticed.(she had to be unlocked in that game also)

Crash Bandicoot would have to also be tie for me because I remember rather then being a huge Mario fan I was an obsessive Crash fan when the first games came out on PS1.

Thugg: This guy is a tie with the other 2 I mentioned but this was the first video game character I really remembered long after I beat the game he was in. Thugg was a largely built ape-type guard thingy in the Citadel of Mo in the myst-style game Lost Eden. Just the way he talked in a dimwitted way and the hilarious looks on his face and the way he would respond when you tried to give him an item just stuck with me for the longest time. To a bit of a lesser extent there was another character in the game that I remembered well. He was some purple dude that had his tongue cut out so when he would talk I remember it would sound like he kept saying "Taco Bell".

This is the closest I could find to a video of who im talking about. Skip to 7:13 for super Thugg action and bask in his awesome as I have.

also two other characters I have to give mention to just because they are a very long running joke between me and a friend since I don't even know how long. The Shopkeeper from the Phillips CD-i Zelda Faces of Evil and the fat kid in your party in Lunar Silver Star.(I don't even remember his name)
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2011-04-10 at 11:15 PM.

Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!

And...also...

Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Aeris from FF7 was my most memorable character. when she died at the end of disc 1 i cried so hard i couldnt stop crying the entire day. was the 1st time 1 character i liked died in a game. the next day though i went back and killed the boss and moved on.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

If you know who this guy is, he's a sumummabitch

Yuber, he's from Suikoden 1,2,3... some weird demon guy who just lives for destruction. Shows up working for various bad guys just for the killin', and he's always super strong.

Raiden from MGS4. MGS4 was the first MGS game I ever played. And raiden was chief badass. I know he has rep for being a sissy back in the older games. But whatev.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    I absolutely loved that guy!

Mario?

I mean, EVERYONE knows Mario.

Hard to say. There are lots of characters that I think are memorable. Lot's of characters from FF7 come to mind just because I loved that game a lot. Most recently it's been John Shepard. Just because he's my character and that makes him memorable.

From Legend of Zelda for NES to Twilight Princess, the most iconic hero of all time.

Hard to pick an absolute favorite, but Garrett from the Thief series has always been one of the most memorable for me.

Deleted
    Mine is definitely Link. I played like all the zelda games to gameboy and N64. Those were the good old days =)

definately my main. I have played on him over a 100 days (easily) and i have had more fun on him than any other video game character ever
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Zelda, i hate that he always saved the princess though

Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post

From Legend of Zelda for NES to Twilight Princess, the most iconic hero of all time.
    Was about to post the exact same thing.

10+ Year Old Account

I AM THE GOD OF WAGH

Deleted
    Got too many characters that i like, so hard to choose

Anyway, here's two that just popped:

Squall from FF8

I also liked Vivi alot

Yeah, huge FF fan with my favourites being 8, 9 and 10.
    Last edited by mmocbfaacb1cad; 2011-04-10 at 07:51 PM.