What do you think of this computer?

I just made this new computer and I'm thinking about buying it, but my computer knowledge extends to turning my computer on, and playing wow. So I was wondering if I could get some opinions on it.

Heres the link:http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...fig_id=6231634
    (im retarded)
    Last edited by Gorack; 2011-04-10 at 12:33 PM.

I can't see anything?
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    It's a RETARDED buy! Avoid it at all costs!

• You won't ever need a Hexa-core with HT for anything (trust me, you won't)
    • 12GB RAM cannot be used on today's applications, even 8GB is a waste of money. Also, it's only running at 1066MHz, which is REALLY slow.
    • Radeon HD 6570 is ranked 102nd on the list of graphics cards. Even a cheap 80$ one is better.
    • Card reader, sound card and wireless LAN is just there to look cool and rip you off.

You can get a computer twice as good for 1750$, I'd advice you to stay the fuck away from that one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're paying about 2x what you would if you got a similar system built by a local shop.

Pro tip: Don't ever, ever buy a pre-built computer straight from a company like dell, hp, fujitsu-siemens etc. They have insane prices for shit you don't even need.

You're overpaying for a machine that would perform very well in multi-threaded apps but would be complete crap for gaming.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

I think this configurator is really, really bad.
    2GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 6570 is 10$ more expensive than
    1GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6770
    I think they rely on the fact that when most the people see 1 and 2GB memory will pick the 2GB.
    They also have only 1066MHz memory for a 2000$ configuration...
    There is no option to chose motherboards and you can't see the brands of the hard drives.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-04-10 at 01:42 PM.

I saw HP and thought very bad things about this computer.

check this out

Processor = $589.99
    Harddrive = $119.99 (lowest 2TB, 7200rpm)
    Ram = $127.49
    Video Card = No Price
    Audio Card = $57.99
    Standard HP Keyboard/mouse $44.99
    Card Reader = $21.99 (only 15-in-1 i could find)
    Wirless Network Card = $29.99
    Optical Drive = $64.99 (lowest Blueray/Lightscribe)
    Software = $150 (100 for windows, 50 for Norton)

Total = $1207.42

Thats without a video card, i couldnt find a price. So lets SAY $100 for video card (ya right), still only comes to $1307.42. Now, this was just over 5 minutes of searching up parts, none of these prices, other then the Processor are 100%. But even still, $400-$500 difference. Accoring to them, you save 10.3% with there rebate, lies lies lies lol
    | HAF-X Case | MSI Z77 MPOWER | Intel 3770k Overclock to 4.2 | ADATA DDR3 1600 8GB |
    | MSI 970 Gaming | Corsair 1200AX | Triple Asus 242h 23.6" |
    | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Keyboard | Razer Mamba Mouse |

1. DO NOT BUY A PRE-BUILT PC EVER. Have a friend build one for you or you build it yourself.

2. 12 GB is not needed unless you do video editing. Drop that down to 6GB. NOT 8!!! Intel's have triple-channel so 6GB will work better than 8GB. (Don't feel like explaining, google it)

3. That video card is not needed for WoW..if you play other games that are more GPU dependent then get a better card but not some $80 pos like the guy up top said. And a 6570 is still overpriced. You can get 2 5770's that will do all you will ever need and they're $140 each.

4. Unless you use 5.1/7.1 surround and mix music you don't need an expensive sound card or a sound card at all. Mobo's these days come with great on-board sound and will do anything you'll need when it comes to gaming and listening to music. Why waste the money if it's not absolutely needed?

5. AMD/ATI is cheaper and will do w/e your heart desires.

6. Drop that 2TB HD down to a 1 TB and get 10kRPM Sata for almost the same cost. Later down the road you can buy a 1.5 or 2TB external USB HD for storage.

7. Remind yourself of #1

Like everyone has been saying never buy a pre-built machine from manufacturers. Its basically a rip-off. Build your own. I just built my first PC last week and it was a piece of cake.

So much wrong in this reply that it's incredible... And public service to fix things since OP said he's computer novice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gredge View Post
    1. DO NOT BUY A PRE-BUILT PC EVER. Have a friend build one for you or you build it yourself.
    Usually premade computers are rather weak for gaming, but there are sometimes really good deals and you can get for example really good monitor dirt cheap along with bit weaker computer you can upgrade yourself.

2. 12 GB is not needed unless you do video editing. Drop that down to 6GB. NOT 8!!! Intel's have triple-channel so 6GB will work better than 8GB. (Don't feel like explaining, google it)
    Triple channel RAM is not an Intel thing, it's only for the old x58 chipset based i7's. Newer Sandy Bridge CPUs use dual channel.

3. That video card is not needed for WoW..if you play other games that are more GPU dependent then get a better card but not some $80 pos like the guy up top said. And a 6570 is still overpriced. You can get 2 5770's that will do all you will ever need and they're $140 each.
    Video card is definitely needed for WoW, but the 6570 is shit regardless. Also buying two 5770's is damn stupid move since single 6950 is faster and cheaper.

4. Unless you use 5.1/7.1 surround and mix music you don't need an expensive sound card or a sound card at all. Mobo's these days come with great on-board sound and will do anything you'll need when it comes to gaming and listening to music. Why waste the money if it's not absolutely needed?
    This is actually one good advice in your post..

5. AMD/ATI is cheaper and will do w/e your heart desires.
    Cheaper, yes, but lower performance.

6. Drop that 2TB HD down to a 1 TB and get 10kRPM Sata for almost the same cost. Later down the road you can buy a 1.5 or 2TB external USB HD for storage.
    10k RPM discs cost around double compared to regular 7200rpm ones, so it's nowhere even nearly same cost. Also 10k RPM discs are horrible waste of money now since SSDs are significantly faster. And the second part of your advice makes even less sense... Why bother getting fast internal discs and then plug storage as slow USB2 drives instead of getting big and fast regular HDD and install it internally.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I'd go with an i5-2500 over that i7-970.

I'm always a bit weary in recommending that people build computers when they have no interest or expertise in computer troubleshooting. It's just a really messy situation when stuff goes wrong, and stuff will eventually go wrong. It's kind of like the rule where you never build a computer for a family member unless you really want to become the tech support guy. Just buy 'em a Dell and say, "have fun!"

After seeing norton on this computer build, I will say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Build your own imo, it will cost way less the npaying for all this fancy stuff <_<