Deleted

Need help! Ventrilo and Mac users

I am having some troubles with some Mac users in my guild who can't make use of our ventrilo server.
    I have googled allot about the subject it seems more people are having this problem but its all really complicated.

Does anyone else had/have this problem and could you please tell me in normal english how you can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Adops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a similar problem when my guild switched vents. The problem ended up being that the mac ventrillo client only works with the Speex codec and the new vent server was running another codec (GSM i think). The vent admin from my guild had to change the codec they were using to Speex so that the mac users could use the vent too.

Deleted
    Yeah you have to change it from GSM 6.10 too Speex.
    But where and how do i change this?

again Thanks in advance!

just get a admin to change the codec to somth that mac can use, i have a mac and its really few who use the stupid codec of some windows lover. atleast only come across it once

10+ Year Old Account
    Typefrag has an excellent video tutorial that explains how an admin can change a codec. Try searching ventrilo changing codecs and I'm sure it will pop up for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by god of lock and pala View Post
    just get a admin to change the codec to somth that mac can use, i have a mac and its really few who use the stupid codec of some windows lover. atleast only come across it once
    I already figured this out.
    My questions is how do i change this??

---------- Post added 2011-04-10 at 03:29 PM ----------

Haven't been able too find this video?
    Only a video that explains you gotta switch it but not how too switch it.
    Is it possible that you can link this vid pls?

Thanks in advance!

Nice attitude, sounds like a fanboy.

But anyways, OT. You might have to contact the hosting company for your server, an admin should be able to change it per channel
    For example: http://www.instantventrilo.com/suppo...nnel-codec.php

But changing the whole server's base codec, most likely needs to be done by the hosting company. I run my own off my linux router,
    so I know how to make the actual change, but if it's hosted, they may need to do it.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted

This is what i get... I can't select anything of the dropdown menu.(Yes im logged in as admin)

Any advice?

I already told you, you have to contact the hosting company. They might even have a thing in your account options to do so.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

15+ Year Old Account
    It sucks so much that we can't use GSM 6 on our server. GSM 6's voice quality was SOOOO MUCH better than Speex. Sigh.

Is there any other clear and quality codec for Ventrilo that works on both platforms or is there a way for Mac users to install the codec?
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    I already told you, you have to contact the hosting company. They might even have a thing in your account options to do so.
    Yeah just wanted too mention we are Manually hosting this server!

So only 8 users? If so you have to edit the ini file.

nope............

10+ Year Old Account
    you have to edit the ini file.
    tnx for saying it we did it and the problem is gone now

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It sucks so much that we can't use GSM 6 on our server. GSM 6's voice quality was SOOOO MUCH better than Speex. Sigh.

Is there any other clear and quality codec for Ventrilo that works on both platforms or is there a way for Mac users to install the codec?
    Microsoft owns GSM... So no. Just make em boot to Windows :P

EDIT:
    Should there be a sticky on how to do this? I rember not knowing how to swap my server over and it took me a while.
    Last edited by Fuger; 2011-04-12 at 11:25 AM.