Tank gearing help

I am not sure specifcally about the gemming.

Here's what I have
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...name=Marquista

I've reforged to ensure I'm hit capped as I was having some threat problems.

Well since your wow-heroes link has you in all of your ret gear its going to be kind of hard to help. Matching sockets with gems that have mastery in them are a great idea. Mastery enchants are wonderful! If you plan to raid I would drop all your hit/exp for more avoidance. If you are having problems with threat it may be an issue with your tanking rotation or your dps is just ballsy and dont care if they die. If you are having threat issues on bosses don't forget about Hand of Salvation. I am 6/13 atm and my warrior dps just can't help but ride my ass. I salv him and all is well.

As for gear, grab the mastery trinket with the use that boosts your resistance or the one with the on use that boosts your strength since it seems you like to ret it up. The strength on use trinket will also help with earlier threat if you pop it on the pull. Either way, Mastery is going to be your go to stat. Mastery increases your block and with Holy Shield up, from either WoG or ShotR, when we block that damage is reduced by 40%.

Well, I can't see your gear. But don't worry about hit, vengence makes up for it. Reforge to mastery. Match sockets or mastery. Gear wise, thats what you need to do.

For those saying Wow-heroes has me in ret gear, if you click the protection thing, it IS up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good, as said above hit isn't important. Get rid of those stamina gems and put in puissant dream emeralds, other than that it's looking pretty good.

EDIT; Also, if you are or can get exalted with the baradin hold faction you can get the mastery/magic resist on use trinket that is good for tanking.

How do you avoid missing on taunts if you're not hit capped?

Quote Originally Posted by Trel View Post
    Taunt's can't miss anymore. Since 4.0 I believe. Or possibly earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Trel View Post
    Taunts can no longer miss or be resisted.

Edit: The only thing that can miss of importance are interrupts, though with 4.1 that will also no longer be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've read on elitistjerks... Try to make Dodge and Parry go up together, then Mastery for the block. Just reforge haste/crit into exp/hit if you need more. Gem dodge/parry/mastery. For paladins (maybe for others too), 25% strength = parry. Also use the Glyph of Seal of Truth for +10 expertise when you got that seal up.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2011-04-11 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

Would you say this is a better gem and reforging then?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uista/advanced