Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterus View Post
    None of the quests in Uldum explain why Al'Akir is working with deathwing or how the elemental plane of air is suddenly accessible from Uldum. We have no real reason for fighting Al'Akir other than him being there really. I was so dissapointed with the questing in Uldum, I was hoping it would set up for an interesting Titan themed raid or at least explain a bit about whats going on with the skywall and Al'akir.

Bastion of Twilight has a bit of story about Cho'Gall. Its really the only raid that I can see so far progressing the storyline at all. But I really think they did an awful job with the feel of the instance. I believe it supposed to be part of Grim Batol, yet it looks nothing like a Dwarven city in ruins. The raid has no feel of passion put into it, its just a long purple bore to me.
    Al'akir needs his motivations for aiding Deathwing explained better, fair point. In fact I'm not really sure why Neptulon and Therazane are on our side while Al'akir isn't, you'd think an Earth Aspect would get on much better with the Stone Mother than with an air elemental lord. There's certainly a motivation for killing him though given that he's started a war with the Ramkahen, guardians of all the Titan artifacts in Uldum, including burying one of their cities with a sandstorm.

The Bastion of Twilight is part of a seperate building called the Twilight Citadel. As far as I know its not connected to Grim Batol, which they have also taken over. It is also not their finest looking instance to date, though certainly not their worst either.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Blizzard has said themselves that they have not divided up the dev teams into titan (a team) and wow (b team) the dev team for WoW has the same amount of people and the same amount of talent as it ever has.

They have hired new talent and new personnel for titan. And IIRC Titan is a Shooter MMO. Why would people that design a Fantasy RPG mmo be working a Shooter/Action MMO that I am gonna assume is set in the starcraft universe.

It would be like someone that works for EA Games being on both the Madden Football and Need For Speed devlopment staff. Even if someone did work for both, those types may even be in development at the same time.
    Enron said they did nothing wrong. Goldman Sacs said hedging mortgages wasn't a big deal.

Protip: companies lie.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    I agree. They're trying to cram too many changes in one patch.
    Full panic mode.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Parietis View Post
    Patch 4.1 will be about 5 months after Cataclysm's December '10 release. For comparison, 3.1 came out in mid-April of '09 about 5-6 months after Wrath the previous November. I'd hardly consider this "rushed" to compete with Rift (as if they needed to, lol), especially considering it lacks a raid tier.
    It's pretty funny. The only people denying the impact RIFT has had on WoW are the players here. Hell even the MMO-Report on the front page has talked about it. I like to come to these forums for a good laugh. Rift has been out one month. What did they do to mark it? Major world event, invasions, and a new raid. So far the only complaint anyone has had about rift is the big nerfs that happened with 1.1. Most everyone that complained was (excuse the term) a wrathbaby that went over to RIFT. I love it that they were told if they don't like a game taking skill then they should pack up and leave.

While you may not feel that RIFT has had any impact on WoW, you would be a fool not to look at the dates and see how they line up. Even taking RIFT out of the equation, read this thread. Read how people feel. They aren't bashing WoW's timetable because they hate the game. They are wanting more of it, but blizz is simply not able to deliver. Why would that be? In the same time frame they have delivered massive raids before. Yet this time around blizz just doesn't seem to be as capable.

Think a little bit about why that is.

As for the delay on the next big raid I will compare it to Pokemon Orange League. It brought almost nothing to the series, and in the end only served to keep people busy while other things took place.
    Last edited by unkn0wnerr0r; 2011-04-12 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorune View Post
    Thats just plain bullcrap tbh.

I run a small 10m guild, and we got like 4/5 other people active in the guild, and were almost lvl19 now, loosing healers and such a bitch, but if your lvl10 and you got 7/8/9 out of 13 healers will come, however if you only have 12/12 or 1/13 then yes, your just another drop in the rainstorm.
    Its this 'drop in the rainstorm' they're catering to with the delaying of Firelands...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    It's still going to have to sit on the PTR for at least a month, there is going to be other things besides Firelands that need testing, balancing and implementing.

People that think it's coming on the literal "heels of 4.1" really need to relax, it's not, it can't.
    All of their heavy handed, knee jerk changes in 4.1 will need to be fixed before 4.2 as well. Class balance is still in alpha, if the hotfixes of +/-15% on various abilities wasn't obvious enough.

I don't expect to see new raid content until August. I'm bored now. In fact my guild has so little to do we're leveling alts on Alliance so we can be the best Horde AND Alliance guild on the server, since there is nothing to do.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Exera View Post
    Actually the biggest mistake with ToC was that it was released.
    I enjoyed ToC, was a nice quick little raid

However I can see why so many people disliked it, as it got boring rather quickly seeing as it was such a small/short raid.

I'm personally happy they're holding off firelands, still working on heroic raids myself. More added to my plate will really make this game seem like a second job.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Its this 'drop in the rainstorm' they're catering to with the delaying of Firelands...
    How is releasing/creating less content catering to anything or anyone? Even if people "aren't ready" for it, nothing about content existing says it needs to be run. Heroic 5 mans are there when your ilevel is too low to queue for them. Doesn't seem to be a problem.

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheOccidio View Post
    I enjoyed ToC, was a nice quick little raid

However I can see why so many people disliked it, as it got boring rather quickly seeing as it was such a small/short raid.
    Most people hated ToC because it was artificially gated, which is the worst design choice possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    How is releasing/creating less content catering to anything or anyone? Even if people "aren't ready" for it, nothing about content existing says it needs to be run. Heroic 5 mans are there when your ilevel is too low to queue for them. Doesn't seem to be a problem.

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 03:43 PM ----------

Most people hated ToC because it was artificially gated, which is the worst design choice possible.
    The gating + the difficulty of the bosses, which was non-existent, on normal mode was a hilarious gaff. I mean honestly, did it take any guild more than 3 attempts on any boss? They were all utter jokes. Truly ToC was one of the points in the WoW developmental process that is leading to the downfall of the game.

Deleted
    Technically we haven't had a decent content patch for over 6 months, probably a lot more. Cata launch doesn't count as we had to pay for it so it's not part of the monthly fee for updates thing and 4.1 doesn't look like a proper patch either. PRobably because they don't have a lot of people working on WoW any more and just trying to milk it as much as possible before the new MMO of theirs comes out.