Healing layout/setup option

I've written up a post regarding healing with mouseover macro's and more in the druid forum, which is an effective less CPU demanding alternative to healing addons. However since the basic outline of it all can be applied to all healing classes I figured i'd make a link within the forums of the other classes since well... I wouldn't expect a priest to take much interest in anything from a druid forum unless he/she knows there might be something of interest to him/her. So hoping this might spark some interest for it, atleast for those who would use this for themselves:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-s-Compilation
    Last edited by Tempro; 2011-04-10 at 10:21 PM.

Been using mouseover macros since 3.2, never looked back. I tried to use Clique and Healbot, but memorizing silly shift-click, alt-click and ctrl-click combos is annoying when I could just use mouseovers and use my regular hotbar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Yeah I feel the exact same way Not to mention there's no addon taking up CPU usage, potentially giving you miliseconds of faster reactiontime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there's a few priests here that use mouse-over macros, myself included. I'm still using the code from back when they didn't have the [@stuff] code. I'm going to steal yours to update them.
    Good job.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

The difference in reaction time will not be noticeable (addons vs no addons) unless you have a low-end computer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    clickers vs binders holywar is eternal. use it the way you like it.

there are addons for both, i mean addons that heal on click vs addons that makes all your spells mouseoverable

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I know there's a few priests here that use mouse-over macros, myself included. I'm still using the code from back when they didn't have the [@stuff] code. I'm going to steal yours to update them.
    Good job.
    yep same here. good job \o/

Deleted
    How do people move and mouseover keyboard press at the same time? Say you have to move forward and press 2 at the same time? Both abilities are the middle fingers job with the standard awsd hand placement. As a mouseover mouseclicking guy I find that ctrl/alt/shift is pinky/thumb area and wll thus leave your "movement fingers" free to move.

I'd say make sure that it's a spell with casting time placed on your number two, instead of one of your instants. I know it'd require swapping a spell amd getting used to that, but that's what i'd do. Move it to 4 perhaps. Personally that's where I have my Lifebloom so on the move it's easy for me to refresh the stack on the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Been using mouseover macros since 3.2, never looked back. I tried to use Clique and Healbot, but memorizing silly shift-click, alt-click and ctrl-click combos is annoying when I could just use mouseovers and use my regular hotbar.
    You know I was the same way - but did you know that you can bind ANY key combination to essentially be a "mouseover" with Clique? I found it out by accident the other day... hahahha
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    How do people move and mouseover keyboard press at the same time? Say you have to move forward and press 2 at the same time? Both abilities are the middle fingers job with the standard awsd hand placement. As a mouseover mouseclicking guy I find that ctrl/alt/shift is pinky/thumb area and wll thus leave your "movement fingers" free to move.
    With good key-bind placing this is hardly ever an issue. And if I have to move for more than a few steps I mostly toggle auto-run on, so I can press any button I like.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

1. w22222 - it's not that hard
    2. Bind 2 to a cast-time spell, you'll never be moving when you press this. 2 is my "Heal" spell.
    3. Holding left&right mouse buttons moves you forward without the need to press forward

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Auto-run is your friend in this case. :-)

Deleted
    It's not only just w and 2 though, there's a lot of combination where it can apply. Say you need to strafe right to avoid fire and press 5 at the same time.

Auto running seems like a dangerous choice as you need to turn it off again, though i could see it bound on a mouse button and work fine, but maybe it's just me but having to stop running by pressing a button and not just releasing the button must feel weird, auto-run is generally just an afk walker for me at least. I also tried binding strafe left/right to mouse buttons (button 4+5) but I could simply not get use to it and had to give up, kept running into walls and such.

Also holding down both mouse buttons makes the mouse cursor disappear, at least it does for me?

Makes the cursor disappear for all of us But i'd say bind autorun somewhere easily accesible and easy to get used to. I have it on one of my mouse buttons and it works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Click has changed to were you can use it with all of your keybinds not just mouse clicks. so you can for example set 1 on click to flash heal. then hover grid or w/e press 1 and it will flash heal them. or u can just select a target and have 1 also bound to flash heal them without hovering them. the benefit of this over a mouse over macro is if you want to just hit 1 on your target to flash heal when not hovered over grid you don't have to worry about accidentally hovering over a players character.

Quote Originally Posted by volwratth View Post
    Click has changed to were you can use it with all of your keybinds not just mouse clicks. so you can for example set 1 on click to flash heal. then hover grid or w/e press 1 and it will flash heal them. or u can just select a target and have 1 also bound to flash heal them without hovering them. the benefit of this over a mouse over macro is if you want to just hit 1 on your target to flash heal when not hovered over grid you don't have to worry about accidentally hovering over a players character.
    Took my quite alot to understand that o.O But I think I understand it now. You can do EXACTLY the same as that in a macro though With mouseover macro's.

#showtooltip Rejuvenation
    /cast [@player, mod:alt][@target, help][@mouseover, help][@focus, help, exists][@focus-target, help, exists] Rejuvenation
    This will prioritize your current target. I simply added [@target, help] before [@mouseover, help]. Doing this adds the exact same functionality that you talked about. And since you can bind it to two keys/mousebuttons you can just set one key and one mousebutton to it.