Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question when i grow older I want to be a_____

you maybe be a bit confused about the title but its just curious of what people dream to become in real life.

when you are young you at least get this question: what do you want to be, when you grow up! you hear it maybe from parents, creepy uncle, teacher, or just some daycare nanny.
    your most response might be "princess/ soldier (by all the military games) doctor" etc... but when you grow older you change your dream profession to either realistic job or Clueless what to do.

so here is the question I ask for you guys.
    1. whats your age? (optional)

2. what is your current dream job?

3. a) how is it going to seek the dream job.
    or
    b) have you accomplish the dream? (yes or no and tell how its going)

small rule: be careful on naming business or company you are in.

post whats your dream job!

since i started the thread I will begin.

1. 18 (soon 19 at june)

2. my dream job is working with music and sounds. but otherwise i also want to do creative work, (such as multimedia or working with art)

3. a) I went on culinary school (mostly because i suck at school) but also to become Confectionist so i can create impressive cakes and sweet food, but my downhill went when all job search to find apprentice on company was zero success mostly because all was taken. now i work at part time work at local food-store selling meat and fish too customers. however i will be going public school where i will learn Multimedia that means editing and creating art with computers. and i will see how the road will go.

(sorry for my English, having dyslexia and not my native language isn't the best thing in the world)

I can't say I had a dream about my future profession when I was a kid but I was always interested with computers so I end up with studying software engineering.Next step is finding a proper place to work which is the hardest part

10+ Year Old Account
    1. 18

2. Firefighter/Paramedic

3. Well going to college right now to get as many General Ed. credits out of the way, while at the same time taking care of Fire Science/Technology and Emergeny Medical Care classes, while also trying to volunteer as much as possible to help out the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. whats your age? 22

2. Unemployed billionaire

Deleted
    1. 17

2. Being a Producer

3. a) Pretty good, got a youtube channel, and i'm learning fast, only trying some diffrent genres to see what i like the most
    or
    b) Not yet, but i will

Deleted
    1. 19

2. Game reviewer / website owner / just working at home behind my pc!

3. a) Not so well, to busy with my current job to actually get it off the ground.
    b) Not really, looking for job in the gaming industry at the moment, for the website I just don't have much time to learn how to code a decent page with html/css/php etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    1. whats your age? (optional)

2. what is your current dream job?

3. a) how is it going to seek the dream job.
    or
    b) have you accomplish the dream? (yes or no and tell how its going)
    1. 40

2.0 When I was 10 I wanted to be some kind of D&D style hero.
    2.1 When I was 15 I wanted to be an Artist and a Programer.
    2.2 When I was 20 I wanted to be free.
    2.3 When I was 25 I wanted to be Happy.
    2.4 When I was 30 I wanted to be 20.
    2.5 When I was 35 I wanted to be some kind of D&D syle Hero.
    2.6 And Now I am 40 I want to be an Artist and a Programmer.

3.a.0 When I was 10 I Read Tolkien, Lewis, and Played Hero with my friends.
    3.a.1 When I was 15 I took Art and computer classes in High School.
    3.a.3.a When I was 20 I was in the Marines ready to get out and move to Europe.
    3.a.3 When I was 25 I lived in Europe on drugs partying and trying to have fun.
    3.a.4 When I was 30 I tried to take responsibility for my failures.
    3.a.5 When I was 35 I played Video Games on my free time.
    3.a.6 And Now I am 40 I am back in school getting my degrees.

3.b.0 Yes, multiple times I now DM a 4.0 D&D game with six players.
    3.b.1 I am working hard on learning C++ I have always been a Natural with Art, but the Art of building a program is my current challenge.
    3.b.2 I have found freedom is an Illusion but I take orders from no one unless I give them the power to do so.
    3.b.3 Happiness is a trick of being with friends and the people you care for, there is no other form of happiness that is true.
    3.b.4 We get old that is the way of the world, but we can learn to stay young at heart, and if you ask my friends how old I am they usually think I am 27, and that is find.
    3.b.5 Notice the repetition? This is true of almost anyone as we age we start to long for things of our youth, and our dreams. to achieve the feeling of being a hero I didn't have to risk my life and screw up my education I could have just written out my dreams.
    3.b.6 I think it is going good I am getting things fairly quickly and My new chosen profession will be good for me.

1. 19

2. Film Director

3. a) At University

b) I never wanted to be famous, but wanted to enjoy my life If I got famous for doing something I like, then so be it.

1) 20
    2) Philosophy Professor
    3) Currently in my Junior year of undergrad, beginning work on my Honors Thesis. Planning on Grad school after I graduate.

Deleted
    1. 15.

2. Electrical Engineer.

3. Gonna finish school in a couple weeks, and gonna start in a technical school in august.

1. 19 ( soon 20 )
    2. having endless amounts of cash so i dont have to work i just rather sit at home and cill and party with my m8s

1.1. 6 (present passion)
    1.2. 7

2.1. Game Designer
    2.2. Actor

3.1. I have 7+ years worth of in depth ideas.
    3.2. Took some classes

1) 19

2) Astrophysicist, preferably working for NASA or another non academic institution

3) Taking Honor's Astrophysics, coming out with a 3.9 GPA and a summer research scholarship with one of the professors at my university, so it seems to be going fairly well.

1) 26

2) Be in the credits of a video game (Final Fantasy preferably)

3) Not even close after a discharge from the Navy for chronic depression I just work retail with barely the money to get by, let alone go to school.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A) 25

B) A photographer

C) Just got my first semi-serious break into it, so, we'll see where it takes me.

1. 16
    2. Millionaire.

Deleted
    1. 19

2. A graphic designer in the video game industry, or perhaps a web designer if that doesn't work out. I'm interested in graphic work that involves interactivity, and working on a long-time project with a bunch of people sounds like the most interesting way to work (while as a graphic designer in an advertising agency you'd usually be working on lots of projects at the same time, some long and some quick).

3. Applied to some colleges that could lead me that way. Only my 1st choice was completely aimed towards video games (under Degree Programme in Business Information Systems), others were towards Media Engineering. If I don't happen to get in, I'll have another shot next year as I can't start studying this year anyway due to starting my required military service in July.
    Last edited by mmoc4e12ba5ccd; 2011-04-14 at 07:49 AM.

1. 23

2. a cook - or is it called chef? don't know.

3. Currently i'm at the university, studying material's science - so it looks bad for my dream job

1. 22

2. Physician (specializing in one of the following: Family Practice, Radiology, Gastroenterology, or Pathology)

3. I am currently a senior in college, hoping to attend medical school within the next year or two. I feel it's fairly realistic that within six years, I will be working as a resident. That's the easy part... the real challenge right now is finding the right special ring for a special someone.

I'm 19 (20 in July, yay ).
    My dream is to rule the world. Yes, really. But my other dream, which I reckon is more within reach, is to work with languages. As in stopping English loanwords from entering Norway, and slap those (Norwegians) who say "quiz" and "mail" around. Furthermore, I want to study the Norse language, as well as Icelandic and Faroese. yay

I plan on accomplishing this by entering the uni in August, where I will study Norse, so we'll see
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.