Thread: UI Advice

UI Advice

I've been working on my UI and would like any suggestions as to how I can make it, "better". I thought about going with ElvUI, but I like having my own creation.
    Last edited by Dvorjak; 2011-04-11 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Not ready to publish

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty difficult to satisfy when it comes to UIs, but I'd probably download this if I could make a totem bar match it, and if I could make the raid frames larger - grid-style, even, if possible.

Just one thing. Is the 65% near the target frame a threat indicator?

Yes, it is a threat indicator.

---------- Post added 2011-04-10 at 10:45 PM ----------

I'm a hunter, that's why I don't have larger frames, but it would be easy to change.

Could turn off macro text on your action buttons, since I am sure you have no need to see what the macro is called.
    Also I am not keen on the micro menu next to your minimap, which really could be visible only on mouseover or replaced with something which doesn't look so out of place like nibMicroMenu @ WoWInterface.
    Perhaps the formatting of the health number on the uniframes, since it would look neater as 84m instead of 84023785.
    Maybe the same borders you are using on the unitframes and action bars around recount and your chat.

Thanks for the advice ComputerNerd. I like the look of the micromenu, but will consider dropping it to visible on mouse over only. I will definitely be getting rid of the macro text on my bars. i need to have the full health number displayed for raid purposes....I don't "need it", but I do like know exactly how much hp was left after a wipe. I do not like it when people outline chat and recount frames, it does not look aesthetically pleasing to me, just impractical.

---------- Post added 2011-04-10 at 11:37 PM ----------

So I hid the macro and key number text on my bars and it really look nice and clean now. I've also made my micro menu scroll over only. I am looking at making a border around recount and my chat frame. Oh, and I mad my health text short order. Thank you!
    Last edited by Dvorjak; 2011-04-11 at 06:28 AM.