6 out of top 20 US iCC guilds no longer exist.

Repost from official forum because I find this discussion worthy. While I am no one to judge, I have seen and even thought myself at times that perhaps the people leaving wow are the ones in guilds that lacked progress. Many of these guilds cleared everything and then left, not on a break...just gone completely !

Cuties Only #5

Might #9

Forlorn Legacy #13

Phoenix #16

Gong Show #19

Tasty Beverage #20

I saw another post like this on Eu forums a few weeks back but did not take much notice but many of names have been around for ages. These guilds have been around since vanilla/bc. We are 6/13 and have called off 2 raids now because people just don't wanna log in and no one in our guild wants to go back to 10 man because we could not progress at all because we do not have the class diversity two 10 man teams would need to succeed

But does the thing about big, renowned guilds also feeling the pinch mean that perhaps something is wrong? I for one have loved the encounters. Love the difficulty. We are very close to H magmaw as out 7th but even I must admit, after every boss kill I always kinda feel thank god that's out of the way, it's not like the joy that killing bosses prior to this used to give...it's more like having completed a task my boss gave me..it's finally done, very worklike feeling.

If I were to put my own opinion of how our guild experience has been, Most of us did not find the encounters challenging rather gimmicky and stale. Another thing we hated was how they would hotfix classes or bosses overnight and we would have to come up with new strats again and again and just way too much.
    Last edited by ur_hbk; 2011-04-11 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have indeed seen alot of good guilds in my own envirionment stop lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens every year. It's spring break.

yeah progressing through h-chim is laaaaaaaaame, boring as hell for dps, and frustrating as tanks/heals, cause so many little things can cause a wipe

10m btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Summer is coming and years of playing become too much it's kinda logical, all things works this way.
    The "vanilla" players (god i hate this word) are becoming tired and new players are coming it's a constant cycle that will keep on as long as the game is making incomes for Blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ur_hbk View Post
    But does the thing about big, renowned guilds also feeling the pinch mean that perhaps something is wrong? I for one have loved the encounters. Love the difficulty. We are very close to H magmaw as out 7th but even I must admit, after every boss kill I always kinda feel thank god that's out of the way, it's not like the joy that killing bosses prior to this used to give...it's more like having completed a task my boss gave me..it's finally done, very worklike feeling.
    This is how I feel too. We're also 6/12 on heroic and are having people mysteriously become unavailable on raid nights. Heroic modes have leeched all the fun out of raiding for me. I realise Blizzard want to make raiding more accessible as that's where the money is. But having to do the same boss twice except with more HP and a slight twist (I can't think of any heroic modes this tier that are like a whole new fight) is really, really dull.

Burning Crusade (without the attunement cockblocks) was pretty much how raiding should be. I can't see myself lasting all the way through Cataclysm at this rate :/

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm pretty sure the Death rate if Subscribers is for the first time higher then the birth rate of new subscribers, did you not notice cata being the very first expansion blizzard hasn't added new servers? i think BC got like 10 extra and Wrath got 5 or more, but cata, nope none at all
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raidwise difficulty gap between Normal and HC mode just got some guilds disappointed and maybe make them slack a bit that's all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop these retarded doom and gloom topics already.

Deleted
    Hardmodes are just somewhat hard again, while some are abit overtuned, its not alot (:

Except Sinestra/Cho'gall I guess. (Speaking from 10 man pov)

Deleted
    Ah, the annual "major top guilds breaking" thread.

"Vael is killing guilds". "Naxx is killing guilds". "SSC is killing guilds". "Mu'ru is killing guil... Well, you got the drill by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilds disappearing is nothing new, especially at expansion/new content times. On my realm the TOP guild at the beginning of Wrath was Stoic. By the end of Wrath, the hardcores from Stoic merged with Ravage and the rest just went their own ways. It's normal and it will keep happening. Guilds are a lot like bands. Most only have marginal success then break up and move on to other things.