Thread: Fine-tunings.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Smile Fine-tunings.

Hey.

It seems I can't post links until I've posted a couple of times so I guess you got to search for me at the EU armoury. Im "Varila" on Moonglade, guild called Enlightenment.

I'd appricate some pro tips about fine-tuning my gems/reforge/spec..

When I for example check askmrrobot .com it tells me to get more mastery.. I found myself fairly close to the 2004 haste cap so I've gemmed and reforged into mostly haste and at the moment im sitting on 2008 haste.

So.. think I would benefit more from getting mastery and ignoring the 2004 haste level?

My role varies a bit from both tank healing and raid healing depending a little on our current raid setup.
    To give you an idea on what level we're progressing on at the moment... We only run 10-man. We got the first 3 in BoT and first 5 in BWD more or less on farm status. We are working on Cho'gall at the moment.. Should be looking into trying some heroics soon.

My gut feeling is telling me to stick with the 2008 haste and ignore the tips to get more mastery.

I'd say its pretty handy when I raid heal.. and I always use wild growth and stuff even if im tank healing.

Im also looking into tuning my spec but I guess I'll wait for the patch changes. Im usally quite ok on my mana.

I got the alchemist stone and Core of Ripeness equiped now as that feels like a win.. but I also got the Jar of Ancient Remedies and badges enough to buy the TB mandala trinket.. thoughts?

If you running 10man as you do, I would go down some haste cap for moment and focus more on mastery, as that is kinda imba for 10mans

stay with the 2 trinkets you have, mandala isnt superior any of them use jar in heavy mana fights i you can use it^^

how is the raid setup looks?

kinda sad you already have t11 chest maybe get the ring? spirit + mastery is really nice
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Deleted
    Alright, I'll try that tonight on our Cho'gall raid
    How much Mastery am I aiming at?.. aprox. Or maybe, how much haste you think I can safely cut off? Right off my head I can't think of a useful cap between 1600ish and 2004? So I guess somewhere in between there.

Our raid setup varies a bit. but we're usally a paladin and warrior tank. A druid, shaman and priest healer. And then a mix of warrior, rogue, enhancement shammy, mage and hunter.
    We are usally melee heavy which usally is less optimal for most fights.. but meh.. thats just how it is for us We learned to live with it :P

well if you have a shamy you have the 5% spell haste atleast
    I personly would go (as I do atm with my resto so) for ~920 haste (916 is cap for 1 more rej tick)
    as other tick before wg (2005 haste) is kinda waste, rg and lifebloom tick isnt that important

so go for 920 haste ~, spirit as much as possible ofc, intellect prio as you should know, then mastery rest , mastery isnt anything you should "aim" for as it better more you get

so reforge crit -> spirit / mastery first, then haste -> spirit / mastery untill you are at around 920 haste

when you are hc raid geared you can start focus on the 2005 cap as wg is really imba spell
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Deleted
    Hey, Alright. So I guess I'll try this for a while then.. and see how that feels.

Thoughts on the new setup? *point towards the armoury again, still can't do links*

EDIT: I invested in the mastery ring *pat head*

Nice one looks perfect :P

only 2 thins you should "do" or not important for a single bit but is abit small improvment is to change hands + boots enchant to 65mastery and 35mastery + movment speed

2 expensiv enchants but as you got bis (pre hc raids) in both slots its something to consider if you have the money^^

and maybe change 1/3 Natures Bounty to 1/2 Blessing of the grove, would I do atleast if you not see you self benefits from natures bounty that much

you should doing perfect in raids anyways :P

Deleted
    Yeah, I'll be doing the enchants as I get money or crystals. I just did the Power Torrent so im falling behind now :P

I'll look into the spec change as well.

And I am already doing pretty good in our raids.. We're usally not failing because of healing, but yeah.. we're three healers most of the time! :P Looking forward to try this out tonight.

I'll get back with an update

well you should be running 3 healers most of the time so, well you always training and prepare for harder bosses so always good to improve
    ya enchants not big upgrade so no rush really

Good luck tonight then

Deleted
    There you go: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../varila/simple

We are from the same realm btw

10+ Year Old Account
    No, do not reforge out of the haste cap. The haste cap in 10 mans will far outdo anything mastery can possibly do. Especially on Chogall 10. Sorry to say, but you're going to need to go back and redo that =/ You can read Ej, mmoc threads, official forum threads, wowhead, anywhere and they will tell you the WG tick will wildly outdo anything mastery can. Even in 10s.

Telling someone at the cap hardly sacrificing any stats that they shouldn't is terrible terrible advice. Use haste food if you need to so you don't have to have haste gems. Even then, if you use 20haste, 20int gems you will hardly loose any int taking sockets into account.

You should never need mandala or Jar. The regen isn't going to be enough to drop passive int.

Also, BotG vs Nb is a personal thing. If you use RGs in ToL and even 1/2 the time on CC that point in NB will lead to more throughput than BotG since it stacks additively.

Also, your gemming is wrong. Never gem spi or mastery unless your socket bonus will give you the same int or more than using 40 int gems.

Wish I wasn't sleeping, should have read through http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Cata-edition before you made any changes.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-04-11 at 04:30 PM.

I did giving advice from my own experience, and both me + my guild friend (other druid) have notice more improvment to go for a "haste cap" then mastery as mastery is easy to get benefits from in 10man
    ofc haste is good between the tick breakpoints but mastery is really good

the 2005 haste cap is really much to keep up with not haviing access to t11 hc raid gear

haste food you say? int food is alot better :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been tested numerous times by some of the best druid number crunchers. Haste cap is very easy to get in even reg gear. If you were getting more healing from mastery than the haste cap you were doing something wrong and not using Wg when you should have been.

Int food is obviously a lot better, but haste cap will probably make up for it.

Even then, he was at the cap and was told to switch. Bad advice...

you dont have any links to any numbers on that? would like to see that
    ofc I can be wrong with what Im telling, and would like to get a snap on my nose for that if its so..

Deleted
    Alright, I'll see what happens. So you're telling me I should have gone with my "gut feeling" ? Hehe.

Thanks for the tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all buried in the Ej threads which I just can't go through the 100s of pages right now. But the easiest way is
    1. Try Treecalcs, or Tangs spreadsheet, or another one if you can find it
    2. Try it yourself

On my alt druid I was mastery stacking because I didn't want to deal with the haste cap and she just does runs with my friends 10. My main druid had haste cap since the beginning of T11 content just because, it was obvious it was needed. After reading the theorycrafting on Ej I did what I had to including using haste food and my healing jumped, shockingly, even in 10s and even without much raid gear.(they are only like, 9/13)

Hopefully your guild does logs so you can see the difference between the cap and without it actual pure number wise. I didn't even use WG anymore than I had been and it jumped to #1 most fights.

Well I got what Im telling from some post on EJ for some time ago, not sooooooo into resto atm cuase I had to go boomkin ms for my guild, so rarly healing atm..

And he/she was making some statment that before you had enough gear to get the 2005 haste cap "easy" you should go for a "lower cap"
    thats why I was telling what I did, this might have been recalc and so on after that

Well WG should always be #1 in healing spells on recount after a raid either you go for a "lower cap" or the "big cap"

Myrrar is probly more into this then me atm so hes prob right^^
    but I doubt its that "hugh" diffrent between our diffrent statment (:

I will personly still using my "low cap" cuase I like it, and before I got proven its a big diffrent, will ofc go 2005 cap when I got better resto gear and I dont have struggling time to get the cap :P

10+ Year Old Account
    RJ should normally be #1, especially in 10s. If your Wg is already #1 in raids then the hast cap is even more important to you.

There is a huge difference though. Mastery should be your #1 secondary stat after as much spi as you need and between caps but he was at cap without too much difficulty. The only time you really shouldn't aim at the WG cap is if you for some reason don't have the 5% buff. Besides that, even regs it will make a huge difference. If you have a lock, no excuse to not be at cap at all.

It's kind of obvious. You can look at how much your Wg does per tick, figure out how many times you are casting it, determine how many more WG ticks you will get at the cap, and base that off how much your Wg is overhealing, which on some fights it wont overheal at all. I had the numbers at one point on how much extra healing it will do based on general mechanics and how long the fight will be and how much more that will be than mastery but I can't find it =[ It does make a significant difference though unless like I and you said, it;s very difficult to get. But he was already at it.

Everyone has been pushing me to make a blog so I can do a bunch of number crunching and testing and have it in one place, wish I had the time =/

Deleted
    As I said I had 2008 haste, so I didnt -really- struggle to get to the cap.

I just did an heroic before the raid starts and I felt like a stationary.... crippled... shrubery! :P haha. I'll give it a wipe or two just for the experience and see how it feels in a raid and then probably change back.

Oh I must have missed that small part then sorry Varila, well if you can reach the haste cap wihtout problem and not sacriface regen then you should go with cap, especally if you fellt crippled with mastery stacking (poke me in orgrimmar and I pay you the reforge cost, stupid of me to miss the part that you had no problem getting cap)(if you wanna run around with a lvl1 on my server with 200g)

Well Myrrar, I dont think I ever had RJ #1 in raids I dont really look recount 24/7 but those time I looked I had WG top and I dont wanna reforge away regen personly, and I do have problem to reach the 2005 cap with my current resto gear

Deleted
    Hey guys

I ended up going back to my previous setup. Nearly, tweaked a tiny bit.. Felt to crippled :P

And we did the guilds first Cho'gall kill, with only two healers used as well ! Druid and holy priest.