Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Personally I think the only person here who should have a red face is the guy who saw a raid-hating PvP fanboy where none existed and continues to do so after said fanboy has already pointed out that this was not what his comment meant at all.

But hey that's just my opinion.

forging mastery is beneficial to arcane, but its also beneficial to frostfire bolt. if someone could run numbers with gear forged for arcane and use the same gear for frostfire bolt glyphed fire compared to fireball glyphed fire spec, that could be benficial.

the numbers wont be as high as they could be for fire, but it might be a more reasonable option than having 2 sets of gear or reforging between fights.

Isnt it more viable to OS frost if you main spec is fire? The stats are close the same once you crit cap then go after haste with the nerfs to frost mastery. Frost did go after mastery but with the change from 8 for very point to the patched 2, haste is now the secondary stat to go after once you crit cap.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Isnt it more viable to OS frost if you main spec is fire? The stats are close the same once you crit cap then go after haste with the nerfs to frost mastery. Frost did go after mastery but with the change from 8 for very point to the patched 2, haste is now the secondary stat to go after once you crit cap.
    Haste and mastery for frost are within 0.1 DPS per point of each other and are best to keep 1.1-1.2:1 between them, depending on what all trinkets you're running for procs.

I would agree that fire/frost seems the most logical way to play though as you won't need an entirely different set of gear.