View Poll Results: Do you think Ganking, Griefing, and/or Camping is right?

Voters
149. This poll is closed
  • Yes, as long as they are at or around your level.

55 36.91%
  • Yes, and it doesn't matter what level they are.

64 42.95%
  • No.

30 20.13%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Post What are your views on Ganking, Griefing, and/or Camping?

This should really only be voted on by those that choose to play on a PvP server. I'm just curious as to whom is the minority in this life-long debate.

Deleted
    Ganking - Fine, you chose a PvP server and gotta live with it.
    Griefing - This is like bullying someone, only done by stupid people that know no better.
    Camping - Like above but also shows how bad some people are especially when they camp toons 5+ levels below them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play on a pvp server right now, but I did level 5 characters to 80 on one during wotlk. And I think ganking/camping ruins the playing experience. It is fun to be jumped by someone around the same level/gear where you might or might not die. Having my lowbie oneshot by some bored arena pvper at cap? Not so much. Yet that happens far more than the more even fights. I will never understand what makes some max levels run around in STV to oneshot random lowbies.

Deleted
    All of it's fine unless it's happening to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydron-Outland View Post
    Griefing - This is like bullying someone, only done by stupid people that know no better.
    Camping - Like above but also shows how bad some people are especially when they camp toons 5+ levels below them.
    i second this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I got tired of it after 2-3 years on a PvP realm, migrated to PvE realm instead. And have never regreted it.
    Now I can choose if I want to take part, instead of beeing forced into anything.

Ganking, as in higher lvl player killing lower lvl players ? I cant stand such people, where's the fun in onehitting lower lvl players anyway ? they cant fight back afterall.

Griefing, well it's retarded. What else is there to say about it ?

Camping, oh god so annoying if it happens to you. But soooo satisfying if you turn the tables and camp someone who at first owned/camped you.
    Ofcourse, camping low lvl players is pointless and I frown upon people who does it.

PvE realm suits me the best, as I can go about doing my dailies and whatnot without having to deal with pesky PvP'ers. If I want PvP, I either go to battlegrounds, tol'barad etc or simply enable PvP.

Agree with these two. But the camping your assuming people only camp lower players. Camping some one your level is fine to an extent of course. At that point it becomes griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Ganking, as in higher lvl player killing lower lvl players ? I cant stand such people, where's the fun in onehitting lower lvl players anyway ? they cant fight back afterall.
    I believe that its a huge cycle. I remember levelling my first character and being annoyed by alli killing me i one shot. Being max level and seeing a lowbie alli sometimes not all the time i think back to my levelling and then blast them. And yeah i know that it wasn't that person. But they'll get someone lower then them one day and the cycle shall repeat.

But yeah some people just do it to be a jerk and to laugh.
    Last edited by Monkeyofcode; 2011-04-11 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    I kill any horde I come across, since day one baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    It used to be alot of fun. I was horde, and Redridge was my delight. I remember sitting around a fire with 3 alliance only to instantly kill them by casting a chain lightning. Back when the NPC's were giving the opposite of honor. These were the good times.

Nowaday you see someone, half the time you can't do shit (for certain class's) if they CC you and just fly away. And you can't camp anymore, as they just rez and mount.

Noob killing is good when you first hit max level... after a few months its pathetic.

Deleted
    Your fault if you pick a pvp server and get pissed off when you get ganked.

Like I said in my first post, I'm curious. As a lot of you may know by my previous posts in various threads, I'm a huge advocate for World PvP. That entails Ganking, Camping, and Griefing of any kind regardless of the level.

Last night was the first time in a very long time I was actually griefed.

First Case:

I was dueling a Druid outside Goldshire. A Horde Death Knight shows up and starts beating on my friend, so I immediately stop casting at the Druid and focus my attention to the DK. In the mayhem, I forget to /forfeit the duel and the Druid actually assists the DK in killing me. After I'm dead, I just sat there for a couple of seconds and watched as the druid spammed /sit on my lifeless body while spamming, "oloololololololololololol". Yeah, I was steamin mad at first but then I just laughed it off. I got griefed, fair enough. I didn't reply to the Druid or talk crap. I just took the corpse run and went along with my business.

Second Case:

I was Dueling a Hunter outside the Gates of Stormwind. I lost the duel, bringing the hunter to about 20%. Next thing I know I'm again, lifeless on the ground. I saw a Rogue pop out of stealth for a moment, only to hit me once before vanishing. After I die, I get a barrage of whispers making fun of me. Turns out the Hunter, his guilds, and that Horde Rogue were all in vent plotting to do this to multiple people. I wasn't mad.

Everyone loves to see the griefer get griefed, and I applaud whomever takes the opportunity to execute the previous. Yeah it's not the best of fun when you're living the moment you get griefed, camped, and/or ganked but it's all apart of this game. There's no moral code in a fantasy world of Dragons and Sorcerers.

^this
    Most of the time I won't make the first move, unless I'm feeling like being a jerk that day.

Camping is just stupid, I have done it in the past after some high level ganked an alt over and over again but I just call that Justice.

Lately I have been PvPing a lot while leveling a DK. For some reason DK's have a large target over their head saying "kill me" and everyone comes running into the trap to be obliterated.

15+ Year Old Account
    This, I'm sure, is how some will feel. Camp/grief = baddie, and nobody likes a baddie (though apparently some people like being one, dunno why).
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I don't mind it regardless of level. I was actually ganked by some hunter on my rogue yesterday. I couldn't really find him and he practically left, so I couldn't grief since I don't know where he attacked me at.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

I think it's pretty lame when a high-level char trolls low level zones for lowbies to kill. Still, I generally ignore it if it happens to me. If the same person ganks me more than a couple times, I'm gonna get annoyed, get my main, and beat them until they leave me alone.

As it turns out, at least in my experience, most people who gank lowbies are pretty awful at actual PvP.

On the other hand, if I get killed by someone about the same level as me, well, I just need to suck less.
    "Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    This, I'm sure, is how some will feel. Camp/grief = baddie, and nobody likes a baddie (though apparently some people like being one, dunno why).
    I should have known you'd post here. Where does any of that make sense? I know plenty of Glads that spend their free time ganking and camping. I guess they are bad too.

Idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to accept that Ganking, Griefing and Camping are accepted playstyles on PvP Servers. I understand the risks of rolling on these servers, and I'm not going to complain when one of the three happens.

It's correct.

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    You do not understand the term "Baddie"
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Ganking - if you roll a PVP server, deal with the consequences no matter how disturbing they may be at times. Two players at or around the same level is a fair fight the majority of the time. I'm always up for a fair fight. Matter of fact, I get enormous satisfaction when a player 1 or 2 levels higher tries to gank me while I am fighting a mob and loses.

Griefing - this is where the line is drawn. Anyone who purposely and continuously goes out of their way to obstruct and annoy other players is a truly accomplished jerkoff of monumental proportions. For some unknown reason these people tend to be "Undead" rogues, priests, mages and locks 90% of the time which is why I gank them on sight. If your sole purpose is to make sure other people don't have fun, you've got serious issues.

Camping - rarely do you see a level 80 camp another level 80. It's usually a level 85 camping a level 42. What's the point? Are you genuinely that bored? If you're wasting other people's time, you're wasting your time as well. The one and only situation camping suits a purpose and can be justified is when you come to the aid of a low level guildie and kill the cap level ganker.

Deleted
    I dont really mind ganking (as long as it stays at your lvl, not like going to farm lvl 40 chars at 85 cause "its fun").

Thou if I gank my self I usually just let the other guy run away after a couple *cough* hundred *cough* times killing him/her, as this usually happens when a horde comes around goldshire and tries to kill the duelers when their duel has ended.
    Hey, its not my fault I bring their own fate upon themself!