View Poll Results: Do you think Ganking, Griefing, and/or Camping is right?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as long as they are at or around your level.

    55 36.91%
  • Yes, and it doesn't matter what level they are.

    64 42.95%
  • No.

    30 20.13%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Reading the OP makes me feel how carebear this game really is when it comes to PvP. If you play on the opposing faction you die, and if it was possible, same faction outside my guild aswell.
    Tenser @ EU-Auchindoun
    Officer of <WTFlux> 2-day-weekend-raiding-guild, T14: 8/16HC, T15: 2/13H
    Warlock POV - streaming raids on sat/sun 10am-2pm GMT+1

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozaparks View Post
    I know, sad isn't it. This just shows you how sensitive and silly people are, that they think they shouldn't be interrupted while doing what they want to do. What is even the point of separating PvE from PvP servers?

    I..............feel the.......rage.................building....must...gank................NOW!
    it blows my mind that either people with know idea wtf they are talking about (pvers on pve servers) are posting on the pvp forums, or pvpers on the pvp forums think ganking is wrong in such large numbers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

  3. #43
    Brewmaster Boloney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Deelishus Weenie Corporation
    Posts
    1,485
    What is the game without ganking? I play on pvp servers, I don't gank much, but I do get ganked while leveling. This isn't a problem at all, seeing as I can easily escape them after the first kill. This game has changed so much since vanilla; there are so many ways to escape gankers now. If you complain about getting ganked, use your head, it's not vanilla any more.

  4. #44
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Earf
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Reading the OP makes me feel how carebear this game really is when it comes to PvP. If you play on the opposing faction you die, and if it was possible, same faction outside my guild aswell.
    Sadly, the people that bitch about getting killed are the same people that go for critter-kill-squad achievement.

    - How does this relate you ask?

    If you can kill it, it should be killed - simple theory. The same reason you go around 1 shotting animals is the same reason I'm ganking your alt... I can

  5. #45
    Stood in the Fire Atrosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    434
    Having switched from a PVE to a PVP server I thoroughly enjoy ganking/camping/griefing people regardless of spec/level/race/class. Granted I do go after a few specific classes (Rogues try to run away with rend/deep wounds? LOOLOL) But for the most part after a good or even a bad night of rading, it's nice to finish off the night with a few honorable or maybe not so honorable kills. That's not to say I'm be most efficient or best ganker as I have had my fair share of being ganked, the way I see it is if I do it I deserve to have it done to me and vice versa because that's what a pvp server is for.
    Tanks are made of steel, blood and a shield, not magic and twigs.
    My Warrior My Shaman

  6. #46
    I honestly dont mind, theres enough people around in guilds etc that you can easily get a buddie to come kill them

  7. #47
    Depends on the reason behind it. I gank people cause im looking for a 5vs me world PvP fight once I piss them off enough. Then you can laugh at how stupid you are or how bad they are. Sometimes this evolves though into a giant ass raid that takes down citys and makes you have an adrenaline rush that makes you run outside and punch a friend that won't stop bothering you. (Yes, that actually did happen)
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

  8. #48
    I will dedicate my rampage tonight to everyone in this thread. Thank you all.

  9. #49
    Stood in the Fire Rozaparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    I will dedicate my rampage tonight to everyone in this thread. Thank you all.
    Instead of taking the kids to Disney World, I'll be using the 2 weeks vacation to stay home and camp the same person. Now to decide who the lucky participant is...










    /joke

    But really. Tonight there will be tears of anguish raining from the ducts of children and obese nerds.

  10. #50
    If you are fighting mobs in the open, I'll hit you like a fat kid eating cake. If I'm flagged I may retreat until I feel it is safe to come out again. Doesn't matter the level. If I can camp you for hours on end, it makes my heart warm. Until you make a toon to come talk to me about how you are just farming and you feel I'm being rude. Then I wait until you call friends and I go back to Org and tell stories about you.

  11. #51
    Aslong as he is the same level as you, I dont mind.(85) If both can see eachothers level on alts, I dont mind.
    I voted the first option, personally I think its boring to kill low lvl as they're no threat. But people enjoy different things

  12. #52
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavko View Post
    Yes, absolutely.
    General statement to Fenixdown:
    Fact is, you have no business being in the PvP section. I've seen countless posts from you that all seem to say "I want clear cut rules of how to engage other players. I don't want to have to do something I don't want to do. If I want to fight another player I want there to be clear rules that will be obeyed giving me an equal opportunity to win no matter what the circumstances are. All others who think otherwise are bad!" This game has a nonlinear design the point is to sometimes make your own rules
    1. No, I don't want "clear cut rules". You want to fight me, hey, bring it on. You want to fight me when I'm wearing a fishing hat and a pole, it's obvious you're only targeting me because you think I'm helpless, which makes it even more entertaining when I can get away from your baddie ass to watch you attempt pathetic /chicken emotes when you failed to gank a holy priest with fishing gear on. Because you're f&*^ing terrible at PvP.

    2. Pretty sure EVERYONE doesn't want to be forced to do something they don't want to do. I don't sit here and beg to have you forced to raid, do I. No, I don't. I don't push my ideals onto you, I don't see how equal treatment is asking so much. That point is invalid.

    3. Trust me, I don't need cooldowns to stomp you. Been on a PvP server now for five years, and most of them as a healer. When you can crush rogues as a holy priest in BC 1v1, you pretty much don't have any real fear of things coming at you (because you know how to deal with it).

    Also, I'd like to point out something in regards to this whole "they bring friends and mains and blah blah blah" BS. Show me one lowbie ganker, ONE, that actually wants 85s to show up to fight them. None. Zero. Zilch. They run like scared little pussies when someone switches over. Mount up "oh shit" style and fly away.

    Furthermore, it's quite obvious that anyone using this philosophy plays the majority faction on their server. I assure you, people playing the minority faction don't have the "bring friends" option. What's even the point? I get one friend. You just turn around and get five. I get three more to even the odds, you bring a whole 10-man raid. I get every person on in my guild, you end up with about 35 people against my 15. Hey, being overwhelmed constantly is fun! Most players in the minority have just given up, stopped caring, or both.

    You want to know what I want? I want server balance. That's IT. I don't give a damn about anything else. Fix server populations, and then world PvP can become what I recall it being before my server was way too damn much red and not nearly enough green. Until then, it's all just Wintergrasp before it was fixed with no rewards. Dunno about you, but yeah. That's not fun.

    So, to paraphrase, I think I have every right to post in a PvP-related topic. Been doing it for five years now. Having a different opinion than yours doesn't make my capacity to have an opinion moot. Also, notice I said griefers and campers are baddies, not people who do world PvP. I've had tons of fun fights in world PvP, winning and losing alike. I've also had people like the OP that can't kill anything with an equal level setting so they have to pick on the weak to make themselves feel good about being freaking atrocious at an aspect of the game they enjoy. And, no, you can't be "good" at killing lowbies. If you actually think you can, then I have news for you, you're part of why they made the movie "Idiocracy". They were real good at being retarded, didn't mean being retarded was good.

    Believe it or not, there was a time I enjoyed world PvP. Being outnumbered 7:1 killed that pretty quick. You don't like that? Tough.

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans Suikoden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    2,708
    If you play on a pvp server your asking for it, Ganking isn't a bad thing til you get stuff like an 85 camping a lvl 20. It's completely pointless.

  14. #54
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    213
    All of that is fine with the exception of camping. Doesn't matter if it's a fair fight or not. If it's a quick gank or an epic 30min fight between 2 bear druids or something. Either way at the end you're dead and doing a corpse walk. The only that that is poor PvP is camping. If you beat somebody just let them go on their way don't repeat it over and over. If they want a rematch they'll track you down.

    Edit: If you're questing in the same area on a PvP server and you die but choose to stick around you're still fair game. This isn't camping.

  15. #55
    people that do it for fun are retarded, but you need to expect it if you choose to play on a pvp server. If it's not something you can handle, a pvp server isn't for you.

  16. #56
    Killing people when they can't put up a decent fight sucks (already fighting mobs, low health, already fighting another person, etc). I understand it's place in the game though. Not everyone can be a good guy and the game would be kinda weird if everyone bowed to each other before every fight.

    So, do I gank people? No, I only start fights when the person isn't doing something. Should EVERYONE do this? No, there's gotta be bad guys

    Camping is another story though, that's just lame. If you 5v1 some guy, that's fine, just don't do it 100 times, that's fucking lame as hell.

    EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

  17. #57
    if its red its the enemy and i try to kill it- pretty simple eh. if it is a low lvl i usually go /sorry but i kill em anyway

  18. #58
    Stood in the Fire Rozaparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    1. No, I don't want "clear cut rules". You want to fight me, hey, bring it on. You want to fight me when I'm wearing a fishing hat and a pole, it's obvious you're only targeting me because you think I'm helpless, which makes it even more entertaining when I can get away from your baddie ass to watch you attempt pathetic /chicken emotes when you failed to gank a holy priest with fishing gear on. Because you're f&*^ing terrible at PvP.

    2. Pretty sure EVERYONE doesn't want to be forced to do something they don't want to do. I don't sit here and beg to have you forced to raid, do I. No, I don't. I don't push my ideals onto you, I don't see how equal treatment is asking so much. That point is invalid.

    3. Trust me, I don't need cooldowns to stomp you. Been on a PvP server now for five years, and most of them as a healer. When you can crush rogues as a holy priest in BC 1v1, you pretty much don't have any real fear of things coming at you (because you know how to deal with it).

    Also, I'd like to point out something in regards to this whole "they bring friends and mains and blah blah blah" BS. Show me one lowbie ganker, ONE, that actually wants 85s to show up to fight them. None. Zero. Zilch. They run like scared little pussies when someone switches over. Mount up "oh shit" style and fly away.

    Furthermore, it's quite obvious that anyone using this philosophy plays the majority faction on their server. I assure you, people playing the minority faction don't have the "bring friends" option. What's even the point? I get one friend. You just turn around and get five. I get three more to even the odds, you bring a whole 10-man raid. I get every person on in my guild, you end up with about 35 people against my 15. Hey, being overwhelmed constantly is fun! Most players in the minority have just given up, stopped caring, or both.

    You want to know what I want? I want server balance. That's IT. I don't give a damn about anything else. Fix server populations, and then world PvP can become what I recall it being before my server was way too damn much red and not nearly enough green. Until then, it's all just Wintergrasp before it was fixed with no rewards. Dunno about you, but yeah. That's not fun.

    So, to paraphrase, I think I have every right to post in a PvP-related topic. Been doing it for five years now. Having a different opinion than yours doesn't make my capacity to have an opinion moot. Also, notice I said griefers and campers are baddies, not people who do world PvP. I've had tons of fun fights in world PvP, winning and losing alike. I've also had people like the OP that can't kill anything with an equal level setting so they have to pick on the weak to make themselves feel good about being freaking atrocious at an aspect of the game they enjoy. And, no, you can't be "good" at killing lowbies. If you actually think you can, then I have news for you, you're part of why they made the movie "Idiocracy". They were real good at being retarded, didn't mean being retarded was good.

    Believe it or not, there was a time I enjoyed world PvP. Being outnumbered 7:1 killed that pretty quick. You don't like that? Tough.
    1. No doubt that thought goes through peoples mind when they see an idiot with his fishing gear on in the middle of Tol Barad fishing. "Oh hey look, that guys is in fishing gear. I'm going to kill him". There's nothing wrong with that.... one bit. It's obvious you're very tainted towards PvP due to previous experiences. You are making a general statement about how you can get away from anyone, when we all know you can. There are fights you just simply lose.

    2. If you rolled on a PvP server you aren't being "forced". When you created a character there, a message popped up warning you about all the dangers of PvP servers. Involuntary PvP is what World PvP IS. You're calling for equal treatment in an environment that was not built for such. Sure Blizzard has made steps to make it where people aren't forced to do stuff. We're not forced to do insanely hard encounters for gear. We can do the easier modes. The fact is that Blizzard built PvP servers exactly for this. It's a social environment that they created, and intend on keeping. If you are crying about being, "forced" to PvP then it seems as though you need to learn how to be a little more defensive and always leave yourself an out.

    3. We don't want to read about your accomplishments or about how good you think you are. It holds no water on a forum where I can say I'm a Billionaire. Even if servers were 1:1 balanced, you'd still see the same... One person ganks another single person, the ganked brings 3 friends, kills single person, that person brings 5... and it goes on. That's just the way it happens in World PvP.

    Server balance, like I expressed earlier, won't do much. If anything it'll increase the frequency at which World PvP is participated in. You keep making blanket statements about how World PvP should be fair and balanced, and you're so far detached from the reality of what World PvP is. There is NO balance. There is no "fair". There is only dead and alive. PvP servers were created for this exactly. If Blizzard wanted to balance World PvP and make it fun, fair, and balanced then it wouldn't be World PvP - it would be an instanced Battleground.

    So, to paraphrase, while you play on a PvP server it appears you are doing so for all the wrong reasons. You have had no logical input throughout this thread and cry out for balance, fairness, and justice amidst a crazy (working as intended) World PvP scene. No one is holding a gun to your head and preventing you from transferring or re-rolling. You knew what a PvP server would entail when you created a character here. If you can't live with that you can complain all you want, but it's no one's fault but your own. You are making general statements about my skill level concerning PvP, which you have no business in assessing. 90% of my time is spent in organized and what you would call, "fair" PvP. I do a ton of Battlegrounds, and my 5 Arena wins a week. When I'm not doing that, I'm wasting people in Tol Barad Peninsula. I have NEVER in 6 years of playing seen anyone brag about being good at killing a lowbie. Never. You just can't accept the fact that Blizzard has created a system where people can have fun at the expense of others. I for one like that idea as it creates tension and a lot of fun times.

    No one cares what you do or don't like in World PvP. The fact is that you really don't belong here on these forums, much less on your server. Sure you claim to enjoy PvP and that's fun, but PvP servers are PvP servers. You can't start playing on one and then complain about everything, hoping they will change just for you and silly carebears like yourself.

    You claim you've played for 5 years, but if that were true then you'd know that most servers have never had 1:1 balance. Even with perfect balance, it only takes 10 mins for a fight that started off 1v1, to get to 20v8.

    Do us a favor and stop trying to condemn the way people choose to spend their $15.

  19. #59
    Mechagnome Ghraxxus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    unholy hell of Texas
    Posts
    688
    to all those whiners about GGC, pvp servers are just that pvp, the thrill of the hunts has different meaning to all ppl, if u want some advanced warning of a enemy around u, either play a hunter with tracking, or get carbonite(it will alert u to enemies around the area.)

    I recently went back to pvp servers, US.Darkspear and rolled a human hunter... haven't been ganked once by horde players...
    Last edited by Ghraxxus; 2011-04-12 at 04:20 PM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    1. No, I don't want "clear cut rules". You want to fight me, hey, bring it on. You want to fight me when I'm wearing a fishing hat and a pole, it's obvious you're only targeting me because you think I'm helpless, which makes it even more entertaining when I can get away from your baddie ass to watch you attempt pathetic /chicken emotes when you failed to gank a holy priest with fishing gear on. Because you're f&*^ing terrible at PvP.
    /equip macro and fishing pole is gone... not my fault you decide to wear an RP set while attempting to catch fish. If you do manage to get away, awesome! If you do somehow manage to beat me, even better. I can learn from the encounter and be better prepared to beat a holy pr... wait??? Holy? Yea, I wouldn't loose, but we can both make claims like this on forums, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    2. Pretty sure EVERYONE doesn't want to be forced to do something they don't want to do. I don't sit here and beg to have you forced to raid, do I. No, I don't. I don't push my ideals onto you, I don't see how equal treatment is asking so much. That point is invalid.
    Then don't join a PvP server. Its that simple. By click the <create new character> button on a PvP server you have agreed to make your gaming experience a little bit harder. I'm not going to argue too much about PvE vs. PvP but yes, PvP is hardmode and PvE/RP is easymode. If the reason why you started playing the game was to quest and experience RP they have servers for you, if you want to raid they have servers for you, if you wanted to do all of the above AND have the added challenge of fending off other players of an opposing faction then a PvP server is for you. If all you wanted to do was raid and choose when you engaged in player versus player combat you could have gone on a PvE server and done battlegrounds.

    Now, if part of the gaming experience in WoW was to summon raid bosses to major cities (hmmm has this been done?) then I would have to except this as a component of the game. If I didn't want to fight the boss I could die or quit the game. BUT being on a PvP server, you have more choices though: fight back; die; quit the game; transfer servers

    The fact is that engaging in combat with another player (regardless of what level our characters are, imbalanced or not) is a lot harder than fighting a computer simulated monster with a number of abilities that are on a preset timer. That's why I like PvP so much. I also like the added bonus of not knowing when I will be forced to fight someone else. That's my opinion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    3. Trust me, I don't need cooldowns to stomp you. Been on a PvP server now for five years, and most of them as a healer. When you can crush rogues as a holy priest in BC 1v1, you pretty much don't have any real fear of things coming at you (because you know how to deal with it).
    Time played =/= skill. Unsubstantiated claim... You're trash talking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Also, I'd like to point out something in regards to this whole "they bring friends and mains and blah blah blah" BS. Show me one lowbie ganker, ONE, that actually wants 85s to show up to fight them. None. Zero. Zilch. They run like scared little pussies when someone switches over. Mount up "oh shit" style and fly away.
    Some people, but not everyone. You're stereotyping. If I get killed by an 85 w/e I'll still come back and kill that guy's alt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Furthermore, it's quite obvious that anyone using this philosophy plays the majority faction on their server. I assure you, people playing the minority faction don't have the "bring friends" option. What's even the point? I get one friend. You just turn around and get five. I get three more to even the odds, you bring a whole 10-man raid. I get every person on in my guild, you end up with about 35 people against my 15. Hey, being overwhelmed constantly is fun! Most players in the minority have just given up, stopped caring, or both.
    My first character was an alliance on demonsoul. Horde to Alliance population of about 10:1... so huh? My friends and I were forced into being good at PvP or it would take a long time to get to max level. Once there, hell yes I repaid the Horde for having killed me over and over while I leveled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    So, to paraphrase, I think I have every right to post in a PvP-related topic. Been doing it for five years now. Having a different opinion than yours doesn't make my capacity to have an opinion moot. Also, notice I said griefers and campers are baddies, not people who do world PvP. I've had tons of fun fights in world PvP, winning and losing alike. I've also had people like the OP that can't kill anything with an equal level setting so they have to pick on the weak to make themselves feel good about being freaking atrocious at an aspect of the game they enjoy. And, no, you can't be "good" at killing lowbies. If you actually think you can, then I have news for you, you're part of why they made the movie "Idiocracy". They were real good at being retarded, didn't mean being retarded was good.
    Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but I see a flaw in your opinion. I believe that griefing/camping is a part of World PvP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Believe it or not, there was a time I enjoyed world PvP. Being outnumbered 7:1 killed that pretty quick. You don't like that? Tough.
    Decisions have consequences. PvP servers = I have an opportunity to kill you, your low level alt, your friend's character, your friend's low level alt, your guildies, your faction. If you prove me otherwise shame on me for trying and I deserve to be camped just as long as I would have camped you.

    However, you win! There are so many ways to avoid conflict in the game right now that you almost never have to fight someone else except in a bg/arena (even at low levels). So there really is no reason to argue your opinion, Blizzard has agrees with you... as much as I never will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •