Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So how do Disc priests heal Baron Ashbury?

No my main but I had been a Disc all through WotLK.

I got more curious reading another thread but don't really want to hijack it. So here's another thread to ask:

How do you heal Baron Ashbury fight as a Disc priest?

say wut? Prayer of healing Prayer of mending blabla and shields.. Dps´s are priority heals ofc coz sometimes the tank can heal himself/keep himself alive more longer

10+ Year Old Account
    dispel the dot he does (incase interrupts are slack)

keep tank at 50% or above, and bubble people (with glyph), when he approaches 30% hp, i'm on almsot full mana, so just pump flashes into everyone and prayer of healing

don't waste loads of mana keeping people topped up until dark angel form, keeping them at 20% is fine (cept tank, he should have a bit more)

Deleted
    Not a disc priest but heal the Tank and use Prayer of Heal for group top up surely, what are you having issues with? Oh and remove the magical effect when its on people. You don't need people at 100% health but thats a cata thing as much as this fight only.

As with all healers in this fight if you a bit unsure ask the interupter to let a 2 ticks of the mass heal he does go through to give you breathing time.

Deleted
    Bubble/PoM + Penance the tank then just spam Prayer of Healing.. seems to do the trick for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your dps are letting one tick of his heal get off before interrupting and you shouldn't have any problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, the fight is kind of gimmicky. Almost no dmg is dealt to the Party except for when he does his AOE that drains to 1% and randomly casting Pain and Suffering (which can be interrupted). As long as those get interrupted, no one should die if they're even above 10% hp, 20% to be safe. So as far as "healing" as long as no one pulls aggro and interrupts properly, you don't have to heal the group up that much.

As for the tank, well that's the same as always.

How do you think you do the achievement?

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    Um, the fight is kind of gimmicky. Almost no dmg is dealt to the Party except for when he does his AOE that drains to 1% and randomly casting Pain and Suffering (which can be interrupted). As long as those get interrupted, no one should die if they're even above 10% hp, 20% to be safe. So as far as "healing" as long as no one pulls aggro and interrupts properly, you don't have to heal the group up that much.
    It looks straightforward on the surface, but Wracking Pain catches me off guard sometimes. When I was healing this recently on my paladin, Holy Radiance and a three-holy-power Light of Dawn immediately after Asphyxiate wasn't enough to prevent two people in the group from dying when he cast it (this was after Stay of Execution was interrupted without letting it heal at all). On my disc priest, though, a Prayer of Healing or two seems to be enough, after which I'll bring the tank up to a comfortable level, then slowly get each other group member up to 30% or so with Heal, or as close as I can to topped off if he's about to go into Dark Archangel form.

Well I wasn't very geared. Just 2 359s and a few 333s. At least both trinkets were 333. Shielding/divine aegis was not helping with asphyxiation. Once everyone was almost dead, is when it was a struggle to get the tank up and by the time I would struggle to get every out of danger there will be more damage and at least 1 or 2 DPS would die.

On the contrary, healing this as Holy was piece of cake. I re-specced and came back and healed it just fine. It's not my main, so I didn't think too much on it. But, I just assumed Disc got the short end of the rope in Cata.

With Guardian spirit, Holy Word: Serenity and serendipity and not needing to refresh the renew on the tank it felt more mana efficient and easier to heal as Holy. With chakra you can choose to become more tank efficient or more Raid efficient healer. And now with 4.1 you don't have to worry about chakra once it's set as it will remain until cancelled, right?

I guess the question I should ask is isn't Disc not very good for PVE? I am still learning healing and that too not as my main so spare the insults on my nobishness if there is any.

Here's what I do:

* Keep the tank shielded
    * Keep a PoM running
    * Be quick on the dispells
    * Let Stay tick once or twice before it is interrupted (around 10% health so that a single tick of P&S doesn't kill someone).
    * Keep Penance on CD (on tank)
    * Otherwise, alternate between Greater Heals on tank and Prayer of Healing on party

The fight is cake until he switches to Dark Archangel. At that point, my priority becomes:
    * Keep everyone shielded
    * Power Word Barrier if folks are grouped (which I ask for in advance)
    * Keep PoM running
    * Chain-cast PoH

I'll sometimes lose a dps near the end, but usually everyone stays up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Niun View Post
    Here's what I do:

* Keep the tank shielded
    * Keep a PoM running
    * Be quick on the dispells
    * Let Stay tick once or twice before it is interrupted (around 10% health so that a single tick of P&S doesn't kill someone).
    * Keep Penance on CD (on tank)
    * Otherwise, alternate between Greater Heals on tank and Prayer of Healing on party

The fight is cake until he switches to Dark Archangel. At that point, my priority becomes:
    * Keep everyone shielded
    * Power Word Barrier if folks are grouped (which I ask for in advance)
    * Keep PoM running
    * Chain-cast PoH

I'll sometimes lose a dps near the end, but usually everyone stays up just fine.
    Basically this. I use my all my CDs though

Start smiting the second the tank pulls. Keep 5 stacks of evangelism up. The first time he brings your health down, I thow a Shield, PoM then P on the tank. I pop AA, then spam PoH. It happens, I'll shield PoM the tank, PI myself, PoH spam. Hopefully there is no third time..

For the Dark Angel phase, I pop PW:B and spam PoH.

Unless the rest of the group specifically states that they are going for the achievement, never, ever, EVER let them interrupt Stay of Execution without at least 1 tick (two to three is preferred). It's putting an unnecessary burden on the healer, and then they blame you for letting them die.

The the group is stupid and they do interrupt Stay of Execution too fast, I would spam 2-3 Binding Heal on the tank (because most likely, the tank is stupid and won't pop cds or expect you to get him up quickly), throw a bubble on tank to get BT and then cast 3-5 PoH to get everyone to a more or less stable hp.

Allowing for Stay of Execution to tick is the most important part here. Admittedly, I can never get the achievement without going Holy for instant CoH and Lightwell.

I was disc and got the achieve on this boss with no deaths, After he chokes you all just chuck a shield on the tank and use that BT to do 1-3 PoH's. Then top the tank up. It's not too bad, but it obviously isn't as easy as Holy with their instant etc.

Disc4life!

On Minecraft:
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Creepers would cease to be terrifying if they looked more 'real' and less like a big green dick with a frowny face on it.

Deleted
    Penance/gh/pws tank whenever, dispel dot quickly, one flash heal or pws tank into double poh after each grip. At 30% (and he isn't going to grip you right after 30%) just pwb and spam poh all day. The fight is easy, the important thing is not to try to top off your party members before 30% since you will just oom and die. Them being at 20-40% is perfectly fine.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-04-11 at 09:29 PM.

I do this, successfully (no one ever died except the rogue who got aggro)

I ask that the heal be interrupted before it ever ticks.

Start the fight doing nothing. Before first asphyxiate I use Inner Focus. As soon as he puts us down, I PW:S the tank and PoH with borrowed time up, then I PoH again (once or twice). Penance the tank, dispel Pain and Suffering if no one interrupts it.

Wait for 2nd asphyxiate while doing nothing or Smiting, depending on how I feel. If boss is going to get to p2 before 2nd asphyxiate, Power Infusion and spam PH to top people off. If he does asphyxiate, same as the first one. After we land, ProM the tank, Barrier and channel a Divine Hymn. If still not dead, cast a few PoH.

The main thing people just don't get about this fight is that except for when he's about to go in p2, no one ever needs to be above like 15% health.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try aoe heals. It might work actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robofish View Post
    I was disc and got the achieve on this boss with no deaths, After he chokes you all just chuck a shield on the tank and use that BT to do 1-3 PoH's. Then top the tank up. It's not too bad, but it obviously isn't as easy as Holy with their instant etc.

Disc4life!
    I've only ever healed on my Druid so far. But If I were to heal it on my priest this is EXACTLY what I would've done.

Ehm, this boss is not really healing intensive.

* What you do is nothing, renew or PW:S the tank on pull. (Airborne Phase coming to a store near you, very soon )
    * When airborne you do nothing, all is waste of mana. ( Yupp, don't waste mana here trying be superhero)
    * When you land you do 1x PoH, then 1x GH & PW:S on Tank, keep casting whatever single heal on him you choose. (Airborne Phase incoming again soon)
    * Dispel Shadow word pain (Or someone might die)
    * Repeat above steps
    * Boss does shiny aoe of light, cast PoH until dead.
    * Loot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juber View Post
    Ehm, this boss is not really healing intensive.

* What you do is nothing, renew or PW:S the tank on pull. (Airborne Phase coming to a store near you, very soon )
    * When airborne you do nothing, all is waste of mana. ( Yupp, don't waste mana here trying be superhero)
    * When you land you do 1x PoH, then 1x GH & PW:S on Tank, keep casting whatever single heal on him you choose. (Airborne Phase incoming again soon)
    * Dispel Shadow word pain (Or someone might die)
    * Repeat above steps
    * Boss does shiny aoe of light, cast PoH until dead.
    * Loot
    That is wrong, you must cast a fast heal (flash/pws) on the tank before you cast a heal on the group or the tank will die if the guy is interrupted fast and starts melee'ing.