Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Seafood Magnifique spam clickers

Don't know if this is even possible, but does anyone know of a mod that will show who is spam clicking the seafood magnifique.

reason I am asking is we have someone in the raid that is consistently spam clicking the buff food that the guild provides making it so some people miss out and we either have to pop another "fish feast" or the people left out have to use there own buff food, if it was a one time thing then it wouldn't be an issue but it is happening every single raid now. we have our suspicions on who it is however without proof of some kind there is little we can do.

Deleted
    You should be able to see it in the combat log, I think it says something like "(persons name) recieved Well Fed". At least it did in WotLK. ^^

They'd only receive the "Well Fed" buff if they sat there eating for more than 10 seconds, so looking for that in the combat log wouldn't really help you in this situation, unless they are clicking it repeatedly on an interval longer than 10 seconds.

I'd imagine that there's probably a programming hook to check if a target is eating, but I can't really think of any concrete way to prove that kind of behavior in an addon. I might play around with the idea this week to see if maybe I can hammer a little addon out that could watch for that. I'm not too optimistic that it's possible, though.

You can watch their eat/drink buffs and if the time isn't going down than they are spam clicking. Probably easier to do in add-on form.

as far as i know you cant take another fish feast unless your previous eating/drinking buff disppeard then u can track the person who get those buffs mutliple times

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    However I'm sure you do receive a buff for just sitting down and starting to eat. The combat log would notify you of this.
    That's true. You do receive an eating and drinking buff. So, step 1 would be to look for that buff. Step 2 would be to see if you could check the time remaining on the buff, or, depending on how the mechanics work (whether or not you have to stop eating to start eating again), you could just check the combat log for several Applications of the eating and drinking buffs in a row. I'll experiment with that when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Atoj View Post
    You can watch their eat/drink buffs and if the time isn't going down than they are spam clicking. Probably easier to do in add-on form.
    this! if the food buff stays up at 30 second for more than i second, that person is the obvious culprit. If you have your suspicions on someone already, check him first.

I wasn't aware that feasts had charges on them.. : / They do however have a time limit.

In case it was missed, I tried to update to Cataclysm values, although the stuff about self is probably outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston
    Code:
    local fishtrack = CreateFrame("Frame")
    fishtrack:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED")
    fishtrack.num = {}
    fishtrack:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, ...)
        local arg = {...}
        if arg[9]==87959 and arg[2] == "SPELL_AURA_REFRESH" then
            local name = arg[7]
            if UnitExists(name) --[[e.g. is in raid or party--]] then
                self.num[name] = (self.num[name] or 0) + 1
                if self.num[name] >= 10 then
                    print(name.." has refreshed his Drink buff "..self.num[name].." times!")
                end
            end
        end
        if arg[9] == 87644 and arg[2] == "SPELL_CAST_START" then
            table.wipe(self.num)
            print("Seafood Magnifique Feast detected, emptying count table.")
        end
    end)
    How to use. Untested. Report back in case of errors.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    There is a newly updated addon for this ehm, will see if i can dig up the link.

Deleted
    problem is there doing it prior to them getting the buff, as watching peoples buffs is one thing we have tried :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    problem is there doing it prior to them getting the buff, as watching peoples buffs is one thing we have tried :S
    They will get a buff for eating the food aswell, so if you see them constantly being at 30 seconds on the eating buff then he/she is spam clicking the feast.

Was going to say there was a code snippet attempting to identify that from the refreshing of the buff, but lawomous beat me to it.
    Curious about that addon though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    In case it was missed, I tried to update to Cataclysm values, although the stuff about self is probably outdated.
    I never used deprecated code. self is still very much proper Lua if defined as arg1 in the function header.

The use of the superglobals "this" and "argX" was what was removed in 4.0.

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 08:41 AM ----------

Oh yeah, the IDs you used should work, though I can't test right now.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    is this person doing this on purpose? just to be a dick? as said i would target them and watch the eat/drink timer on their buff bar while everyone is eating ... and then i would boot them from the raid instantly and suspend them from raiding for a week or two ... harsh perhaps but that kinda shit pisses me off beyond beleif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't one spam click the feast while _running_? No buff would appear in that case and the person can just randomly move around or jump while emptying it and nobody'd ever notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderofl View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't one spam click the feast while _running_? No buff would appear in that case and the person can just randomly move around or jump while emptying it and nobody'd ever notice.
    I just tested this, and sadly, it's possible. You can just run/walk a circle around the feast while spam-clicking and it will empty up, without you ever gaining the "Food" or "Drink" buffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

15+ Year Old Account
    Simple way of counteracting this:
    Stop putting them down, have everyone get their own food buff. It might not give you the name of the culprit, but if you state that this is the way it's gonna be from now on due to click spam, they might stop doing it due to laziness.

Either that or have people on a rotation for farming/buying mats to make them.

Also have you talked to your entire raid/guild about this situation and explained that it is disrespectful for those of you that farm/buy mats and create the feasts?

Just saying, communication is often better than random witch hunts...
    Last edited by tet; 2011-04-12 at 07:27 AM.

I just want to know why someone would even waste their time doing something so mean, and yet pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tet View Post
    Simple way of counteracting this:
    Stop putting them down, have everyone get their own food buff. It might not give you the name of the culprit, but if you state that this is the way it's gonna be from now on due to click spam, they might stop doing it due to laziness.
    Also have you talked to your entire raid/guild about this situation and explained that it is disrespectful for those of you that farm/buy mats and create the feasts?
    Just saying, communication is often better than random witch hunts...

We have tried talking to the raid group, we even went as far as breaking the cost down and how the culprit is actually stealing gold from each of the raiders who ended up having to use there own food, or the cost of a second bucket being used.

yeah were almost 100% certain we know who it is so its not so much of a witch hunt more, more of getting the proof, and the person responsible is not just clicking 2 or 3 times, they are clicking so much and so fast that almost half the raid misses out on the bucket. so it is a deliberate act with no weird things happening with peoples buffs. whilst I like the idea of enforcing people to use there own foods it sort goes against our philosophy where we provide everything for the raiders. (repairs, Flasks, Food, Enchants, Potions) so all they need to do is turn up. however having one person doing this is a slap in the face, reason I am looking for an addon is so I can finally get proof and remove them from the guild as a last resort.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2011-04-12 at 10:30 AM.