Heroic Halfus and Normal Nef

Hello,

Having killed Cho'gall last week I believe we will now be able to unlock the heroic mode bosses in BOT if we wish.

We have yet to kill Nef (have not attempted him yet) and I am just wondering if we should be waiting until we are able to kill Nef before attempting Halfus on heroic mode?

Is it likely that we would be able to kill heroic halfus without having first killed Nef? Can we work on both at the same time?

How much harder is heroic halfus compared to normal nef? Will we need to have full 359ilvl to have any chance on heroic halfus? (currently most of our core raid team is 1-3 pieces away from full 359).

Cheers.

heroic halfus is a lot easier than normal neferian mate

btw, do you raid 10 or 25?

and no you do not need full 359 gear to do any of them.

H Halfus is significantly easier than nef, but I would hesitate skipping Nef; its an important milestone in a guild's career and not doing it can lower morale if people want their titles.

I'm gonna assume you are talking 10 man here and while I can't really compare since both fights are easier than easy I'm still gonna try to help you. If you have healers that have tank cooldowns (aka priests or in this case paladins) you could aim for halfus easily. If you lack such cooldowns you should try nef some more.

Sorry should have provided more details.

10 man raid, our normal core team consists of:

2 x Pally tanks

1 x Frost DK
    1 x Survival Hunter
    1 x Destruction Warlock
    1 x Arcane Mage
    1 x Kitty Druid

1 x Resto Druid
    1 x Resto Shammy
    1 x Holy/Disc Priest (he swaps for different fights)

At this stage we haven't attempted Nef (we were working on getting Cho'gall down first) but we will be attempting him for sure, I was just thinking that we might also have a few goes at heroic halfus early on in the week before we clear BWD but didn't want to waste time if it was never going to happen.

From the sounds of it we should have a go at heroic halfus, on the plus side we already know all the mechanics of the fight so the learning curve from that point of view will be very small compared to Nef where we haven't experienced the fight at all yet.

Cheers.

Deleted
    I'd say if you haven't attempted nef at all that halfus is the easier target. Just release 4 drakes/whelps (all but slate) at start, burn hero to kill a drake+whelps, while getting rid of debuffs with bubble or tank swapping and flawless interrupting and the fight is quite easy. If you have issues with damage being high I suggest bringing another healer as the enrage timer is quite long if everyone just focuses on killing the same drake one at the time before focusing on halfus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Halfus is A LOT easier.
    Needed ten times more attempts for Nef.

Try it with 3 tanks and 3 healers.

Well we personally found Nef normal a lot easier, not in terms of execution mayhap but its just a lot less stressful all around IMO, and its not that complicated. Though I think we are also the only guild in the entire world that has nothing but dks, dks ,and moar dks, and backup dks when the regular dks are out for tanks. While doable with what we have, its idiotic to do do as having a block tank makes a world of difference in both encounters, but ours quit the game and we can't just get a new one.

It really doesn't matter all that much, but I would do one after the other in terms of progression. Nef is more rewarding the first time, due to unlocking BWD hardmode, but I'd say heroic halfus is more beneficial to farm each week because he drops 2 pieces of 372 loot (and he has some good stuff) as well as a heroic token.

Thanks for the tips guys, I was thinking of using 3 tanks (our DK has a very good tank offset).

Probably get one of our pallys to tank 2 drakes + whelps and have our other pally and dk swapping halfus and the 3rd drake (leaving slate locked up as suggested).
    If the damage ends up being too high we will try a pally with 1 drake + whelps.
    Other pally with Halfus + drake.
    DK with drake.

And then get the DK and Pally to swap Halfus between them while keeping a drake each.

Pop hero, burn the 2 drakes + whelps down asap. Will see how we go tomorrow night

Deleted
    Yeah, I'd go for HHalfus aswell, you're all already pretty familiar with the fight via the normal mode encounter. From my experience both on 10 and 25 normal and HM, Heroic Halfus takes about 1/3 of the wipes Normal neffy does, maybe even less.

GL.

and yeah, 3 tanks, get them all stacked up, pop Barrier (disc priest would be my choice), pop BL and any/all other cd's you can think of and burn.
    Last edited by mmoc68ea15c517; 2011-04-12 at 03:15 AM.