Poll: Guild wars 2 or Tera online?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: GW2 or Tera?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by nyhcjedi View Post
    LOL I can smell a TOR fanboy a mile away. TOR Crash and burn.
    You are very wrong, but since you are oblivious to what you are talking about, and probably a very closed-minded individual, I wont even bother to answer you. There are tons of information, even on the front page on this forum, but I don't expect you to read because education is clearly not your strong suite.

Deleted
    Try them both, if all checks out, the release order should be: ToR, Tera, GW2. with plenty of months between said releases, enjoy um all, that's what I'll do

PS: Tera's western marketing department sucks, so no way Tera can win this poll. Nobody knows about the game.
    Last edited by mmoc8511c888fc; 2011-04-13 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    GW2 of course. Tera is pretty low on list of games I want to play.

GW2 is late (very late) 2011, more likely Q1 2012. WoW is pretty much done, 4.1 is not even here yet and we're heading into spring where nmbers start to fall...the summer break will result in a huge decline in overall population.

Tera looks to be like another AION - a competent, high end graphics based MMO. But the strong likelihood of a korean grindfest, coupled with a pvp focus (w/o targeting?), doesn't seem like it will be a strong success.

Rift is available now, that was my choice. I'm not expecting it to be a 5+ year commitment like WoW ended up being for me, but I think its a solid game for 3-6 months worth of play.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    You are very wrong, but since you are oblivious to what you are talking about, and probably a very closed-minded individual, I wont even bother to answer you. There are tons of information, even on the front page on this forum, but I don't expect you to read because education is clearly not your strong suite.
    Leave this thread already, please.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Tera is a cheap korean copy of Aion.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although Tera will most likely turn into another Aion, I think I will give it a try, especially if it comes out before GW2, which is most likely will.

From what I have seen between both games, I definitely think GW2 is much more appealing and offers more new features.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    Although Tera will most likely turn into another Aion, I think I will give it a try, especially if it comes out before GW2, which is most likely will.

From what I have seen between both games, I definitely think GW2 is much more appealing and offers more new features.
    I've seen Tera at gamescom, and it has exactly the same UI as Aion. Same transparent map overlay, same character facing indicator, everything in that game is just a cheap rip off.

And why would you want to play a rip off of a bad game (korean grinder)?

Deleted
    I love korean-style games, so i will probably go for Tera.If it turns into yet another disappointing grindfest with nothing else to offer other than pretty models and some neat customization options(Aion..)then to hell with it!GW2 it is.

The perfect game for me would be something that plays like WoW(needs 'better' pvp though)and looks good, emphasizing more on the character looks & their armor/clothing.. oh and has shitloads of customizations for em.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well don't get me wrong, Guild Wars 2 is my game, and I think it is going to be one of the best MMOs in years, but I want to give Tera at least a try if its a beta, demo, or free trial.

i don't think adding more of a level grind is indicative of skill or anything, but i have to laugh at calling aion a korean grinder. u really haven't experienced any other korean mmo if aion was a grinder. it's easily 100 times easier than all the other korean mmos. try two years to get max level. so the month it took to get 50 at aion release was tame compared to other korean mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by taco avenger View Post
    i don't think adding more of a level grind is indicative of skill or anything, but i have to laugh at calling aion a korean grinder. u really haven't experienced any other korean mmo if aion was a grinder. it's easily 100 times easier than all the other korean mmos. try two years to get max level. so the month it took to get 50 at aion release was tame compared to other korean mmos.
    I don't care how much worse the grind might be in other games, but I can tell you that when I was leveling my 39 Gladiator it was so freaking useless and repetitive, my brain would get numb. Also the attack sounds are so fucking horrible it hurt my ears.

I'm really interested in both. I never got into GW as much as I would have liked, and TERA looks like it might be different enough from WoW to actually keep my interest for more than a month.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    Tera is a cheap korean copy of Aion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    I love korean-style games, so i will probably go for Tera.If it turns into yet another disappointing grindfest with nothing else to offer other than pretty models and some neat customization options(Aion..)then to hell with it!GW2 it is.

The perfect game for me would be something that plays like WoW(needs 'better' pvp though)and looks good, emphasizing more on the character looks & their armor/clothing.. oh and has shitloads of customizations for em.
    Yeah I was a bit afraid of that it would be a copy of Aion which I paid attention to for a couple of days ago which was a big dissapointment really...Also Think I'm gonna go for GW2 as It's free and that's good because I'm still gonna raid in wow as I still find much interest in it