Poll: What % of your RDF runs do you consider "bad" runs?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What % of your RDF PuG runs do you consider "bad" runs?

Complaints about RDF PuGs and mal-treatment are some of the most common posts both here and the official forums.

Based on the amount of QQ about RDF groups it's easy to get the impression that Pugging is a non-stop-series of failures. However this doesn't coincide with my personal experience. While I've had a few bumpy runs in the past and occasionally have to replace players, the vast majority of RFD runs are actually fairly smooth. Sure, a few deaths are acceptable and so is an occasional wipe, as long as you keep progressing.

Based on the posts here I also get the impression that the PuG situation is somewhat worse in the US when compared to Europe. So please pick the option from eother US or EU, depending on your location.

So I made a poll. (will take a few minutes to make)

Obviously "bad" experiences isn't a very objective term, but it's as good a benchmark as any. If something frustrates you or causes you to leave/kick/aggravate, well then obviously it's not a fun experience and hence "bad".
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-04-11 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe 10% are catastrophes.

To be honest, I think the hc runs are often pretty smooth most of the time.
    It all comes down to whether or not you get a retarded tank or not.

Replacing people happens very often though, but since the whole queue-/matchmakingsystem is so quick it's barely a problem.

lolol u mad bro? or just jelly

Easily less than 15%. US here.

If you erase the first 3 weeks after cataclysm release. I've had to leave 2 groups because it wasnt going anywhere
    LFD is fine, people just enjoy whining

As a Resto Shaman and still doing randoms to get Valor I would say close to 50% are bad (US).

I've ran into DKs in greens thinking it was cool to tank in frost pres, DKs in assorted mail / int items trying to tank, a bunch of dps under 6k, and I could go on.

I've ran into enough bad groups that I feel insanely lucky when I get a decent group.

A ridiculously small number.

I havent had a problem in a single instance since the third week of cata and even then the only one i couldnt do was stonecore

I generally dont have any problems with the people I run with, howerver lately i have been getting extremely aggrovated due to the ignorance to classes. People who intend on playing end game content should learn how to play their class, because realistically if you dont, chances are, you wont do end game content.

I have had various groups where hunters, spriests, shamans, etc. dont know their class AT all.
    What's that? Yeah, I know, I'm a big deal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Preliminary results:

MOVE TO EUROPE FOR HAPPYTIMES!

Seriously, though. Most of my runs go smoothly, but it may be because my guild usually sign up as three/four guildies, and we always have tank or healer. When the majority of the group use Vent for things they won't have time to type before a wipe, all is good!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I pug quite a bit on my chars (resto shaman and frost dk with a blood spec) and I haven't had too many bad groups. Easily less than 15%. The only truly odd/fail player I've run into was a holy pally trying to do shock dps but they were easily kicked and we completed the dungeon with no problems.

I said less than 15% U.S. Honestly, I don't understand why so many people complain about it. We're at a gear level where it really doesn't matter. I play a healer as my main, and can pretty much carry a crappy tank, so even if they are bad it's fine. For instance, just yesterday I healed a random with a DK tank who was in about half pvp gear, and a couple of greens thrown in for good measure. He sucked, he took a ton of damage. But, I carried his ass through the dungeon, and didn't complain (except to my guildies). Sure, you do have some bad players every now and then, but it's whatever. The majority of my runs are not like that one yesterday, most are actually fairly smooth.

I just had a bad one yesterday. went solo que and ended up with 3 people from the same guild. The tank being one of them. Absolutely terrible just for trying to be too clever (tried to skip the second boss in BRC, which means Raz doesn´t destroy the mobs on the bridge, which means you have to take the portal to get to third boss, but the mobs on the bridge (which Raz doesn´t destroy) made doing the two fire ellies (with ooze) impossible. After two wipes on the fire ellies, finally got the tank and guildies to ragequit... the other dps and I then got a great tank and a nearly done heroic.

But like everyone else has said. I have seen bad players from time to time.. but I haven´t had a total fail group since December... aside from yesterday lol

I pug a lot. Easily every two runs, someone needs kicked. Sometimes more often, but you can't kick all the retards, so it's a game of figuring out how much you're willing to deal with until you consider someone bad enough to waste a vote kick on. LFD's slowly making us all view players on a Bell curve, so the bads don't look as bad as they normally would in comparison to the tragics.

its like 10- *maybe 25% but when you have 45 minute queues it makes it seem like there are more thenhow many it really is

Nobody inteupts/dispells. Drives me up the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    80%+

Mind you, that's considering long slow runs, where DPS doesn't focus fire, the healer goes OOM healing them because they stand in fire, etc. as "bad". Very few wipes, but when I as a tank out-DPS all of the DPS (which pull under 5k,) then the group is bad. =V

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for around 30%.

In my experience, it is probably around 25% for runs that are unnecessarily difficult or overly obnoxious due to poor players, needless wipes, too slow a pace, or -- more commonly -- an excessive amounts of jerkiness that makes the dungeon completely unfun even if we're not wiping. It's not a huge percentage, but the risk is high enough that I still come out a few times a week angry or frustrated at people.

Absolute catastrophes or runs where the group completely falls apart is probably closer to 5%, but it doesn't have to be a total nightmare to be a bad group to me. I consider myself a pretty tolerant person, too.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2011-04-11 at 10:50 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I really don't get a lot of "bad" runs, just a bad player here and there. I guess I am lucky? Usually the good players make up for the bad ones. Or we still make it through the dungeon, just at a slower pace.

But every now and again, I will get a player that is terrible, or a group of bad players, that makes me wonder what the @#$% happened. Not a lot, but the bad runs definitely are more memorable for being so bad.

Thank God they don't happen a lot. (knock on wood)

tbh my random heroic runs, whether as dps heals or tank, are usually pretty smooth. maybe 5-10% don't complete.

(EU)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad? About 60% probably. Unusable morons, thats closer to 10%