Poll: What % of your RDF runs do you consider "bad" runs?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    damnit read it wrong read it as bad players. I hardly ever get bad runs per se, as I almost always tank and if I just get a healer and a DPS with half a brain then the intance can be run to the end and it's not considered bad in my oppinion. but I often get at least 1 that has no clue and another one that has done some instanced before but still suck.

Well it depends. Here are varying levels of fail that I encounter in pugs:

1: Low DPS, maybe a badly-geared tank, nothing too fail here.
    2: Low DPS doing incorrect rotations, Tank not holding threat all that well. Not my issue, I'm the healer.
    3: Tank not waiting for CC and just charging into every single group WOTLK style and getting his face smashed until 2-3 things are dead. Either that or CCers failing to CC even after they are told to CC.
    4: Tank facepulling extra groups / People dying from not moving out of things / Not interrupting anything / Terribad DPS
    5: Group composed of Johnny Tunnelvision and his friends. No CC, No interrupts, Always dying to standing in the fire, and then blaming me when they die. I usually ragequit at the first pull with these groups.

But for the most part, I get semi-decent groups, so I'd say 30%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

If you're just looking at the overall run, i'd say sub 5%.. you normally get 1 baddie, maybe 2 if you're unlucky, but others know how to play, even with 1-2 baddies you can easily carry them.. the run may take an extra 5mins or so, but not usually a "bad" run.

I find the bad runs usually come when I enter BRC.. First, you start by having to target Chains of Woe with usually 5~ other mobs standing around it, which takes a little bit of time, then you have to bank on the healer running out as fast as possible or it's a wipe. If you manage to down that then there's the problem of some people cannot handle standing in a beam to an 80 stack then moving and the requirement of having 3 people do that is just too much for some groups. Also, if you manage to pass that then you have the challenge of the fire guy which requires a some-what competent tank, who can mess up 1-2 times and still be alright if there's a some-what competent DPS that will pick up the adds and move them away from the boss, but that's asking for 2 people on top of their game.

So overall I'd say bad PuG heroics are low %, bad PuG BRC heroics are pretty high %.

I play an OK geared pala tank. Almost all my runs are pugs, since my timezone is very different from my guildies. I must say less that 5% of them are bad and it is usually down to a dps in a boss that requires everyone's attention (second boss in BRC with beams comes to mind). Otherwise, I can carry the wight of a crappy healer or a dps that pulls two group. I only kick people if they are AFK for a long time.

EU servers by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say this with all honesty 2/5 runs make me literally want to reach through my monitor and punch other players in the face.
    I don't have high standards at all, really, I rarely votekick people.

Example: Yesterday I queued with a guildie pally healer. He has a holy-shockadin spec he uses for 5 mans/H-Chimaeron. while keeping everyone alive he does 5k dps. Nothing exceptional, except for the fact that's about that the arms warrior and huntard pugs were doing. From the same server of course. We just decided to carry them, the 3rd dps was an awesome warlock. Both he and I did more dps than both of the bad players combined, he averaged 16k and I did 12k as Blood.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-04-11 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    Eu voted more than 50%

Voted < 15% US.

I'd say closer to 30%-35% of the time, I get at least one player who is still learning or otherwise incapable of fulfilling what I feel is an "acceptable performance." I take it in stride and step up my game (thankfully I'm geared enough as a healer to handle mostly anything short of utter chaos). But, honestly, it's been FOREVER since I've had a group be unable to finish a heroic or even wipe more than once; I'd probably say these complete failures comprise of <= 5% of my total runs (since Cataclysm release).

I've honestly only vote-kicked three people (and only actually initiated one of those kicks) throughout my entire LFD career and all of them were jerks who played fairly competently, not people who weren't quite as skilled. I can tolerate a long, intensive run much easier than I can someone who constantly runs their mouth and belittles others. Play nicely, guys and gals!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    About 30%. Always depends on the heroic, not the group.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rare to find a run that bombs. Unless you're on the PTR then it jumps up to 90%. RAGE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly PuG during leveling. And that is horrible most of the times, and even if not horrible, most of the time not pleasant. In 85 heroics, lately not so bad if we just PuGed one DPS when we don't have a full guild group, most bad people apparantly don't make it to herioc. (still some in there though)
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

I think people just tend to remember/whine about bad runs the most, and it's not as omgawful as they make it seem.

That said, maybe half of my RDF have something that makes me unhappy, but not game breaking nor do they cause us to wipe. Not knowing their class terribly well, no CC, pulling for the tank, things like that are pretty damn common. Very few of my groups are ever in complete shambles, to the point of wiping/falling apart - idk, maybe 10%?

30% sounds about right.. Heavily depends on what time of the day it is though..
    Early morning up till around noon are pretty much always great.. Its mostly on peak hours that things tends to go sour.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Rare to find a run that bombs. Unless you're on the PTR then it jumps up to 90%. RAGE!
    ^This. I don't know what it is about PTR that makes people suddenly forget how to play. I'd guess it's that around 80-90% of PTR characters are premades of classes the players haven't played yet...lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Average from my runs so far, 50% are bad, and 10% don't even make it.

And of course the 5% awesome groups that make for some nice talk while steamrolling the instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Probably less than 1% have been so bad, they warrant a kick. Maybe another 5-10% that have been less than ideal, but not so bad that they've jeopardized the run.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since the massive buff to luck of the draw and the arious nerfs to the heroics, I don't reallly notice 80% of the bads, because the heroics are so easy.

The other 20% are just outright horrible or when I get 3-4 bads in the same group.

Really the LFD isn't that bad. Even the queue times on my mage seem to be reasonable (about 25minutes, considering I do runs on my tanks and healers during peak times and DPS alts during off hours).

OT: About 5-10% are bad enough for me to really notice.

if "smooth" is considered as a nearly wipe free run, with some struggle, prolly ~50-60% are "smooth"

how ever, i personally don't consider smooth runs to be with dps pulling less then 10k, especially when they are dpsing trash which is lolz-aoe-fest in my runs since i don't use CC, or dps that don't interupt any spell casts, i consider them to be below smooth. but still fine.

since i tank the dungeon myself, i rarely get the issue of "lolz-retard tank" that so many people talk about, and when ever i heal them i go with a guild tank, but way too many dps are just fucking retarded and do nothing to minamize the stress on the healer, at all.

"derp, interupt, what's dat? it lowers my dps derp"
    "oh, so i'm supose to JUMP when the giants do that quake spell?" (stonecore)
    "i shouldn't stand in front of a mob that cleaves ? why does it matter where i stand ?"

...sigh

I always finish. Some take longer, but I tank and my wife heals so it is always complete. Sure we do get some bad runs like in BRC the other day when all 3 DPS died on the first skull crack. But we 2 manned the boss. She died on the chains so we couldn't break them with no DPS, I rotated CDs while she ran back in (note DPS didn't run back in) and we killed the boss. Things like that actually make the game fun

10% are bad enough that Ill just drop group as a healer maybe another 20% where things are not ideal and I really have to earn my keep as a healer, 2% where the tank drops because of either the dungeon or after a boss that doesn't drop what they wanted, which leaves 68% as more than acceptable. In fact a super polished group is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Good to have the odd PvP type healing pull going down just as long as its not every pull.

Deleted
    I tend to only run dungeons with 2-3 other guildies. Actually scrap that, I haven't done any with less than that many friends/guildies.

However more often than not, the last 1 or 2 DPS we get are pretty bad. They're either bad or good, we don't find "average" people it seems.