Tanks Optimization?

We are 3 tanks for 2 places in my 10man casual raid.
    Every raid night, one of us sits out so we have a fair rotation between tanks. That's me (Druid tank) and 2 paladins.

As we're getting into tougher fights (Chogall and Nef), I was wondering how running Druid/Pala is more optimized than Pala/Pala?
    What is exactly the raid missing by running 2 paladins as tanks in terms of comp optimization? I know I bring 5% crit as Feral druid but maybe the paladins bring double aura to compensate? (we run with a Palaheal too).

Thanks!

Just remember to research siege and put them on high ground and you're good to go with your general MMM!

Ontopic: If you're really, really close to kill a boss, 5% extra crit can make the difference. Since you already got 2 Palas in your raid, buffs shouldn't be a problem, even more so since you're a druid and will probably overrride Kings with GotW as soon as Kings is buffed for whatever weird reason druids have doing that. Other than that, there shouldn't be too many differences between the comps, other than that the palas can have some extra resistance to some kind of hostile element in the fight. If that's not the case, only the quality in gear will make a siginificant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    We are 3 tanks for 2 places in my 10man casual raid.
    Every raid night, one of us sits out so we have a fair rotation between tanks. That's me (Druid tank) and 2 paladins.

As we're getting into tougher fights (Chogall and Nef), I was wondering how running Druid/Pala is more optimized than Pala/Pala?
    What is exactly the raid missing by running 2 paladins as tanks in terms of comp optimization? I know I bring 5% crit as Feral druid but maybe the paladins bring double aura to compensate? (we run with a Palaheal too).

Thanks!
    Double raid wall, better CDs, better add control, more reliable interrupts, hand of protection, divine shield, hand of freedom, and hand of salvation. The only thing a bear druid brings is a brez he can never use;D.

Deleted
    This is assuming that your main prot pally and heal pally are covering buffs and auras.

Pally tank:
    -A 2nd Raid wall (very good)
    -A 3rd BoP, Lay on Hands, Salv, Holy Radiance, more interrupts (situational good)

You on the other hand bring the ability to cat DPS when not tanking, tranquility, Innervate, Brez etc.

In other words the only major difference is a 2nd raid wall which is nice to have on Nef, and about the same as a tranquility on Cho'gall.

Deleted
    Battle ress is the most important, if you don't have a druid healer/dps the druid tank is vastly the superior option. If you got a druid healer/dps then the paladin is probably the better option with cds and all. Something to keep in mind though is the loot table, a druid tank does not need the same items as a paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thickasabrick31 View Post
    Double raid wall, better CDs, better add control, more reliable interrupts, hand of protection, divine shield, hand of freedom, and hand of salvation. The only thing a bear druid brings is a brez he can never use;D.

Druids have a raid wall as well - Tranq and with 1 point in Nurturing Instincts (think that's the right one), a bears Tranq is very efficient. Bears too have a reliable interrupt - Skullbash on a 10 sec CD if specced into it.

I interrupt the first cast from the add (with a mage as backup if he's not MC'd) and normally never fail to interrupt it. If I do, it's cause I can't get to the add fast enough i.e Fury of Cho'gall is being cast several seconds after the add is summoned.

Tonight on Cho'gall, our prot warrior died. I actually combat ressed him during Shadows Order and we killed Cho'gall in that attempt

Feral bears are great as MT tbh and on phase 3 I just go cat and help dps the tentacles, until I have to taunt off the other tank.