10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Downloaded Addons, but no addon button shows up on my character screen?

I've downloaded the following addons:
    Recount
    Needtoknow
    DBM
    Atlasloot
    Twice today and yet the addon button on my character screen isn't showing up, nor are the addons showing up in game? What do I do to fix this, I've tried repairing WoW and I need to fix it soon because dbm is a requirement for my guild,Thanks in advance.

They're extracted, and in the correct folder
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2011-04-11 at 10:41 PM.

Deleted
    where do you put your addons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezthril View Post
    where do you put your addons?
    interface folder
    Addons folder

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have to put them inside the addons folder in your WoW directory ( */World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/) to actually use them. Simply having them downloaded won't do anything, as the game only reads addons in that folder. They also have to be unzipped (ie. files in a folder, not a folder inside a .zip or a .rar) inside the addons folder.

Deleted
    You sure you extracted them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljaen View Post
    You have to put them inside the addons folder in your WoW directory ( */World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/) to actually use them. Simply having them downloaded won't do anything, as the game only reads addons in that folder. They also have to be unzipped (ie. files in a folder, not a folder inside a .zip or a .rar) inside the addons folder.
    I know I've had them working perfectly for almost a year now but I went to update them and now there's nothing

delete the interface folder. Start wow. close wow. New interface folder will be created (if not create one and create one addon folder in it). Extract addons to addons folder. Start wow again. Tell us if that works.

Deleted
    Make sure that you have checked "load out of date addons" where you choose addons on the character selection screen.
    (edit: misread...)
    Last edited by mmocc76da9ebc4; 2011-04-11 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    delete the interface folder. Start wow. close wow. New interface folder will be created (if not create one and create one addon folder in it). Extract addons to addons folder. Start wow again. Tell us if that works.
    ok

Quote Originally Posted by vandroy View Post
    Make sure that you have checked "load out of date addons" where you choose addons on the character selection screen.
    the problem is, is that that button isn't there

Deleted
    load out of date wont help him if he cant even see the button to go in the addon options

anywho.. not sure if it matters but make sure you spell the addon folder "AddOns" i allways do and never had any problems

10+ Year Old Account
    i've had recount and omen and such not show up at first. typing /omen toggle, /recount show, /ntk or /needtoknow etc. could help maybe? also ^ what everyone else said; make sure they're in the correct folders and unpacked/extracted properly and out of date addons is checked if they are older versions.

dbm also doesn't really "show up" but it gives you a quick message when you log in- telling you the version you have and/or if it's out of date. typing /dbm will bring it up

edit: der, i also misread part of the issue- yeah i had that happen to me as well. i think i had to copy my addons folder and re-add it to the location because it wasn't acknowledging it was there. XD
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

Quote Originally Posted by blutkind View Post
    i've had recount and omen and such not show up at first. typing /omen toggle, /recount show, /ntk or /needtoknow etc. could help maybe? also ^ what everyone else said; make sure they're in the correct folders and unpacked/extracted properly and out of date addons is checked if they are older versions.

dbm also doesn't really "show up" but it gives you a quick message when you log in- telling you the version you have and/or if it's out of date. typing /dbm will bring it up
    Problem is that the game doesnt even recognise there are addons installed. He doesnt have the "Addons" Button in the character selection screen as far as i understood him.

10+ Year Old Account

That did it, thanks

I apoligize. problem solved. I had to load the out of date addons and enable them.
    Last edited by Burgess; 2013-11-14 at 08:46 PM.

didn't work for me, the interface button on my character screen still isnt showing up

Quote Originally Posted by Francnubz View Post
    didn't work for me, the interface button on my character screen still isnt showing up
    I have seen a few people report this. Reinstall wow completely, and if this persists, report the problem to Blizzard. That character selection screen? That is a UI element that you literally cannot (legitimately) change with addons, etc, so ... if your button is missing either something is messed up in your WoW install, or Blizzard have a big-ass bug that only they can fix.

My particular problem of not finding the addon button on the character screen came about when transferring the World of Warcraft folder to a new computer C:\WorldofWarcraft .

For some reason (when I started the game via the launcher) the launcher decided that it needed to drag the entire game down from Battlenet. I let it, which was probably a mistake.

Unbeknownst to me a new launcher application was downloaded with default settings for where installs should be loaded to and where the wow executable should be picked up from.

The default location was C:\Program files (x86)\ and by default it created a folder named Battlenet.

Once I changed those settings (there are 2; Default Install Directory and World Of Warcraft under the Game Install/Update tab) to be C:\WorldofWarcraft the addon directory could be found and the button appeared.

I suspect its just the 'World of Warcraft' directory that needs changing as I have another computer still pointing Default Install Directory to c:\programs (x86) and its working fine.