Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    TL;DR: Nothing we/you do is half-assed. For better or worse.
    I honestly wish people around where I live were like that then, because I see so much talent wasted around my school on a very regular basis simply because of laziness.
    I'm sorry, but i'm going to have is disagree with you on the music issue also. Pop from our generation has almost no meaning, and gives many people delusional ideas of things like love and relationships work.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

I blame America. And I'm not just saying that to be a dick, I really do blame America.

Im 19 and live in an apartment by myself, get myself through college and work...I dont ask for handouts i earn my way. Thats something i was taught by my parents at such a young age and I feel is very important. Yes some people are spoiled and some people are dumb, but there are spoiled, dumb people in every generation. It just stands out more because the more we as a society advance, the easier the majority of kids have it.

generally agree on the fact that most kids in that generation are.. .weak....lazy, disrespectful, but still they are product of parents who were brought up / teetering in the same mentality... so it's hard to pinpoint the cause... weither its technology making things to easy, or parents being held so far back because they cant slap their kids around... etc

The biggest issue I have with most kids that age is how they present themselves, Sideways wearing flat brimmed kids wearing their neon colored clothes and shoes, shoes undone and the dudes wearing their sisters jeans, to the point where they cant get the belt actually on their waist, so they settle with them hanging below their ass and their underwear sticks out the whole time.... big fucking hoops stretching out their earlobes I wouldn't hire any one of them to mow lawn let alone anything remotely needing a shred of responsibility.

When I was a kid, if you were disrespectful, you got slapped around - to the point where I was a bad kid I was told to go get my own branch that my parents would then hit me with, this was normal in Northern canada at the time. I helped in the household, helped in the neighborhood and society in general... kids today are just fucked on all levels.

Don't want to take anything away from someone being an individual, but certain standards of conduct and appearance should still acheived.
    Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6 ghz - Corsair H100 - 16GB DDR3-1600 - SLI GTX 580 - Crucial 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650D - WD 2TB Black Storage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayleigh View Post
    I honestly wish people around where I live were like that then, because I see so much talent wasted around my school on a very regular basis simply because of laziness.
    I'm sorry, but i'm going to have is disagree with you on the music issue also. Pop from our generation has almost no meaning, and gives many people delusional ideas of things like love and relationships work.
    When I wrote 'nothing', I meant every single definition of the word. Even our laziness makes the lazy ones from the 80's look like hardworkers! =(

Like I said, I'd never lean back and listen to Justin Bieber, since I personally dislike pop music produced after the 80's. But what defines pop music is "Being easily understandable, catchy, memorable, and achieves many fans fast." It does not have to be deep, right, or anything like that. I mean, even I notice the difference between Ultravox and Biebs. But Biebs is still better than most of the self-published failures you see on youtube =P
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I blame America. And I'm not just saying that to be a dick, I really do blame America.
    Ehh, it depends if you are in America or not, if you are, I agree, the government is REALLY fucked up here. Little odd how I am not afraid to bash myself or my own country, but don't like to bash anyone else. Perfectionism ftw?

OT: Only 15 here, but I am seeing about half and half in my generation, you have a small amount (10%ish) really excelling, another 50% trying, but not doing the best, the rest are just plain lazy. Considering present conditions, a ton of people have just gotten to sitting on their asses getting stuff handed to them by the government, putting a huge drain on resources. Considering that I haven't even gotten in to much of the world and can't see too much of the 17 year old generation, I can't make too much of assumption. But this is all my 2 cents on the situation.

Edit: It also seems that a lot of people use disorders as an excuse for failure. That is just plain stupid in my opinion, just because something is wrong that isn't largely disabling doesn't give you entitlement to everything in the world. Heck, even one of my teachers had ADHD and still got her job and was a good person regardless. Dyslexia, I understand reading quickly is next to impossible if you have a more serious case, but you can still make sense of everything provided you read it over enough times. I do believe if you have a disorder you should be given some slack based on the condition (like ADHD forgetting about something for a bit), but it is no excuse for excessive slacking or out of line behavior. Giving up simply leads to a listless life, one not worth living.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-04-11 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of your faults all the previous generations fault! Being raised by generation X was our downfall
    Every generation has been seen as dumber than the previous, yet more technology is discovered/created. We'll continue to look down upon the future generations not realizing its the environment that we've created, is what sealed their fate.

That or we're all just bitter old people mad at those damn kids.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Thats one thing I'll stand up for my generation on, We have no control over mental illnesses that we may or may not have, that burden falls upon previous generations such as yours for carrying them onto ours!
    I have ADD, ADHD, OCD, Dyslexia, and to an extent split personality disorder, none of which I had any control over, that all falls on my parents and their parents and their parents before them...
    I wasn't aware that ADD and ADHD had known genetic factors - other than the factor that most of their parents and teachers cba'd to remember what being a kid was like, much less actually parent/discipline there children/pupils and treat their offspring more like stylish accessories than human beings.
    Last edited by Dispersedshadow; 2011-04-11 at 11:43 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    valueless and uninvolved. Transition to adult life will be a major headslapper for todays kids. But they will be fine.

btw, What is the acronym for this generation? (ie, baby boomer,genX,etc)
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-04-12 at 12:02 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    We are but people at the end off the day and we are what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    valueless and uninvolved. Trasition to adult life will be a major headslapper for todays kids.

btw, What is the acronym for this generation? (ie, baby boomer,genX,etc)
    I think I read somewhere that most people around my age (17) are now being called Generation Y or Z, i'm not sure which.
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog

Lazy with out a doubt.

Your music blows, also. People will be listening to AC/DC, Pantera, Tool and Metallica for generations. I can't think of anyone who will be listening to Bieber, Jonas Bros and Kanye West in 30 years.

Put down the smart phone your daddy bought you and go get a job. Get some motivation and get your life in order. OFC not all of you are like this. Just the stereotype of your generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril View Post
    We are but people at the end off the day and we are what we are.
    Yes, we are only people, but you can work to be the best person you can be, and if your not putting your best effort into all you do, then your wasting your potential and most likely somebody's time or money.

---------- Post added 2011-04-11 at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gredge View Post
    Lazy with out a doubt.

Your music blows, also. People will be listening to AC/DC, Pantera, Tool and Metallica for generations.
    Amen to that, Tool is by far my favorite band and will be for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    Every generation thinks the previous and next generations have no clue about anything.
    This to an extent. Each new generation is borne into a different society than the last. Moral values change and people always want the newest thing.

Yet because of our latest generation which is borne into technology and the latest things does make things worse. People have always been lazy and do what's easier for them (i.e. sparknotes instead of reading a book, google, etc.)

I am also 17. Yes I do see those lazy people who want to take the easy way out even in some of my honours classes. But there are still kids in these classes that are hard working and know what they want to do with there lives. This generation only seems to be worse because most people just see the glass half empty- we see the worse in things and don't always take a look at the more optimistic side.

The igeneration are thick, lazy and ignorant. Absorbed in their menial lives, caring little for the troubles of others, desiring only their selfish wants, they will be the downfall of humankind.

I will say that at this point in history there is more technology availbale now than it has been in history and these are some of the dumbest kids ever! No drive at all and sadly somewhere in this mess is our future leaders and I can't believe my elders said that my generation was bad lol.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by weshallarise View Post
    im only 24 but i think younger people suffer from having so many choices that they get overwhelmed and choose nothing
    You know, I didn't think this before... but this is actually really well put and makes a valid point. Such young people aren't typically good with tons of choices and this could certainly be the case with this generation.

(For the record, I am a near-22 year old guy.)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Self important, Self entitled pieces of shit, thanks a lot for the current generation of "rap" music (Soulja Boy anyone?). Also extremely stupid, my nephew + friends play WoW, and they have no idea how to read abilities and comprehend what the text actually means and I have to explain it to them slooooooowly.

I am twenty nine and I feel extremely old. :\

Edit: Also no one cares what your 13-16 year old teenage girl lives are about, stop posting vblogs on youtube about everything. ><
    Last edited by Charo; 2011-04-12 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

standouts

Quote Originally Posted by satyrikon View Post

The biggest issue I have with most kids that age is how they present themselves, Sideways wearing flat brimmed kids wearing their neon colored clothes and shoes, shoes undone and the dudes wearing their sisters jeans, to the point where they cant get the belt actually on their waist, so they settle with them hanging below their ass and their underwear sticks out the whole time.... big fucking hoops stretching out their earlobes I wouldn't hire any one of them to mow lawn let alone anything remotely needing a shred of responsibility.

Don't want to take anything away from someone being an individual, but certain standards of conduct and appearance should still acheived.
    I'd just like to say, I'm 19 and I hate those people too.
    I also despise the way people try to generalize an entire generation into one similar trait. The reason you say "I don't like the way kids present themselves these days!" is because the ones that you are referring to are much more obvious. They're "outstanding" meaning they are wanting to get attention by being loud and obnoxious. Whereas the normal, mellow, level-headed people like myself and my friends are... not obnoxious, so you don't pay attention. Which is fine.

All I'm saying is you can't generalize an entire (however many years a generation constitutes) of people into the same classification, let alone saying something so general as they're "lazy", or "trashy", or "irresponsible". Between all the druggies, murderers, jobless individuals, people who exploit systems, people who are generally irresponsible, selfish people, etc.. or the responsible, hardworking, modest people who care about others, in BOTH generations...
    I'd say both are pretty *bad-worded* up. Depending on where and how you look.

Of course there are exceptions, and what some of us are experiencing is a lot different than what others are (the kids from the United States are terrible atm), don't get your panties in a wad. :P