Poll: Would you play Runescape if it wasn't a web game?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Would you play Runescape if it wasn't a web game.

I'm not sure about you guys but Runescape was a huge part and inspiration of my 'young' gaming experience. I played it with many friends at school and for a long time. I only stopped playing because I got older, and I guess "grew" out of browser based games. I was thinking I would probably still play it today if it was a full software game. I LOVE the design of the game, the one man army that you can still change your role based on gear and skill.

The question is: Would you still be playing if it was a full software game?. If it had a look like Diablo 3, with the same locations, size, skill set - the same payment fee's except perhaps £9 per month for the Members. I know it sounds strange but if it was a full game, I would have felt more accomplished when I did something, like I wasn't just playing a browser game. If it existed, and they used the UI to be able to control casting and such with bindings/key presses like Diablo, I think it would take a huge chunk out of the market (more so than it does now).

Tell me what you think, don't be shy.
    Runescape was a fantastic game for me (still kinda is), there is no shame in denying it.

V

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated that game with a passion, I stopped at level 12 or something close to that, and I will never ever go back.

The difference between Diablo II right clicking and RuneScape right clicking is massive. One wears out your mouse, the other one wears out your sanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raht View Post
    The difference between Diablo II right clicking and RuneScape right clicking is massive. One wears out your mouse, the other one wears out your sanity.
    I never said they played the same.

People still play Runescape?

Seriously though, i went back about a month ago for nostalgia reasons, got bored after about an hour. It was fun back in the day but now its pretty dated... Wouldnt pay to play ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    not joking just got done trying this 10 mins ago then saw this post

yea i lasted about 5 mins before i said fuck that

also pickley that wouldn't happen to be 2 of the chars The Shadling on newgrounds drew is it
    Last edited by wicker; 2011-04-12 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    No, what kinda weirdo would? O.o

RuneScape is still a completely legitimate MMO. The main problem is (still) the community. As with World of Warcraft.
    I'd still play it as a browser game if I wasn't paying for other things.

Does it really matter if it's a browser based game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I made it to Lv95, I loved the game (first MMORPG) but after all the changes they've done in the past years (the Market, non-PvP wilderness [wtf], etc) I wouldn't go back, plus I have tried, but leveling professions is so much worse than I remember... [Online communities in general are just WAY worse]

No, because I heard there were multiple dupes and this proves to me that their dev team is incompetent.

Also: GRIND

No, RuneScape is so fucking shit. When I was at the age of 10, and EVERYONE played that shit, my dad bought me WoW. And all those runescape motherfuckers were so jealous. But that's another story. I hate RS because of their design of gameplay and graphics, I WANNA RIP MY EYES OUT ONCE I SEE THAT GAME..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd play it if it wasn't terrible. Its a very very very boring game.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

RuneScape was designed for all those kiddos that never had the amount of cash to play WoW or any other MMO game. I'd be ashamed if I was a game designed and I designed RS..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I'd play it if it wasn't terrible. Its a very very very boring game.
    I'm quite bored with WoW Cataclysm. I had shit loads of fun in Wrath, but that seems to be lost now. I would play Rune Scape if i was a member, i find the game to be fun and quite joyful and i couldn't care less about graphics. Non member however is terrible

Anyway, different opinions are different opinions

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    I'm quite bored with WoW Cataclysm. I had shit loads of fun in Wrath, but that seems to be lost now. I would play Rune Scape if i was a member, i find the game to be fun and quite joyful and i couldn't care less about graphics. Non member however is terrible

You speak the truth, like, everyone hates WotLK, but tbh, I loved it. I had fun playing, now you just sit in Orgrimmar/IF waiting for your dungeon que >>

Deleted
    It was incredibly fun for what it was. I played it for a while with a bunch of friends back at school when none of us had good enough PCs or parents who would pay for any better MMOs. It gets a lot of stick but if you appreciate it for what it is - a cheap/free game where you could while away a few hours chatting to your friends - it's great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post

Bored with WoW -> get Guild Wars. It's absolutely worth it due to how cheap you can get all 4 games now (buy the Complete Collection) and you'll enjoy the change.

Deleted
    i couldnt play wow when i was a kid, (didnt have the money), then i found runescape, I played it for about 2 years with some IRL friends, had many fun times. runescape is a perfect game for younger people that dont/cant afford to pay for WoW. and I must say the quests in runescape are even better than the ones i done in WoW.

but ye im older now and cant really go back to runescape after ive played WoW, RS is slowpaced and I dont like the clicking, but I do understand why people still enjoy playing it.

I enjoy how different it is from wow, and how there is so much more interaction in it. The quests are all completely unique (unlike wow) and most of the monsters are as well. The simplicity of it is also pretty nice. If it were downloadable I would definitely play it again.