Poll: would you level a new toon if give the option to skip levels

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Level Skipping

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    One of the worst ideas I've ever seen. You know, this is exactly why WoW has gone to complete shit lately, everybody under the sun wants everything handed to them. How about we just get premade toons made at level 85 that you can run around on, rerolling no longer necessary!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    No. As much as some might hate leveling. It does somehow "teach" the player how to play. Think about some of the level 85s you see around and do you sometimes wonder with their skill level, how is it possible they ever survived to 85? eBay. But yeah... if all of a sudden, level skipping is allowed, there will be a lot more no skill 85s than there already are.
    And from whence will they come exactly? Are you implying that this will increase the amount of subs? Or those skilled will become non-skilled an instant they skip levels on their alt? Or ebayer will increase the non-skilled population by making a 85 alt? I don't follow this (moar bads incoming) logic.

Deleted
    No, that would be a lot of time wasted on making quests, dungeons, zones and all that.

I think it's been mentioned, but just to say it again... skipping lvls like that means you're skipping alot of how to play the toon. Also it's way to easy to lvl an alt with all the BOA gear that's out there now, not to mention they've made the xp requirement so much lower for the lower lvl's...

Deleted
    I've got my druid at 72 now, full heirlooms, lvl25 guild. I really cannot be bothered levelling it anymore. I had the same hiccup with my main, which I managed to level anyways but it wasn't very fun at all. Isn't that why we play games, to have fun? This ancient content which doesn't make any sense anymore lore-wise just isn't fun!

Hmmmm someone has been listening to Total Biscuit. But seriously people need to just suck it up and do the content. It's really not that bad if you pay attention to the lore behind it. I probably wouldn't level a toon if I could skip content. People have a bad enough problem not knowing their class now as evidenced by the plethora of awful or unskilled players in LFD. This will just make it worse. Leveling should give you some basic knowledge of how your character works and should not be circumvented. Blizz implemented heirloom gear to ease the leveling time for people who have done it all before and I think that that is as far as it need go.
    Last edited by Enchanter; 2011-04-12 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    One of the worst ideas I've ever seen. You know, this is exactly why WoW has gone to complete shit lately, everybody under the sun wants everything handed to them. How about we just get premade toons made at level 85 that you can run around on, rerolling no longer necessary!
    Guild Wars did it for PvP toons, and it worked perfectly. You could test and try different team comps quickly without having to get all classes to top level and geared. I think WoW should take the same aspect, where you could create a PvP character that could only enter BGs and Arenas and are also locked to an island-hub. Similar to the Arena Tournament Realm, but open all the time. I personally don't have the time to level up a new toon just to have fun in PvP, so an option like this would be enjoyable.

PvE = The whole RP experience, including minor world PvP.
    PvP = Able to just jump straight in with any gear and any class and kill some other people without effecting the PvE aspect.