Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender
    I have also experienced (several times actually) phases of "lets burn him down, all out" when I've had streaks of no crits for the entire burn duration. Woopee, my all out burn was a flame orb that got stuck on the ground and exploded before it reached it's target!!
    Qft my friend. Qft.

Deleted
    *grumble* I hate fire.

ONE MINTUE INTO HALFUS HEROIC? NO PYROBLASTS? *UI laughs at me*

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    i can crit what i want, i only get combustions around 8k max... only if it crits its around 16k..
    With your gear, which is quite good, you should be getting alot more than that... Are you timing it right? Having LB up etc?

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    *grumble* I hate fire.

ONE MINTUE INTO HALFUS HEROIC? NO PYROBLASTS? *UI laughs at me*
    QFT....
    Random Number Generation is Random?

like i said in the other thread:

make combustion take the enormous ignite it deserves and not the shitty lil munching bastard that ticked in the second between you casting combustion and it registering on the target
    personally, i think this should be tackled with the return of the original combustion effect, being 100% chance to crit on next casttime fire spell, then have the combustion dot kick in on its impact on the target, taking its huge ignite with it
    so you can wait for a pyro proc, then pop combust, cast the insta pyro! and watch it not only hit huge but leave a chunky ignite AND the proper combustion dot on it, even have time to renew lolbomb while the pyro is enroute for maximum effect

removing the fail rng munching from our main dps cd, yes pls

Quote Originally Posted by Omegasupreme View Post
    What matter is the IGNITE (irrespective of whether it comes from FB or PB)....
    Not irrespective of where it comes from. It's better that the ignite comes from a Pyro because a Pyro ignite will do more damage than a Fireball ignite.

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    i can crit what i want, i only get combustions around 8k max... only if it crits its around 16k..
    Consecutive crits will make a bigger ignite. If you get two huge crits within 3 seconds or so you can get a much bigger ignite. Ignite still rolls to a very limited extent.

Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    This part however is true, Ignite stacks if the crits happen at big enough intervals and thus make it a bit of a luck factor I have seen ignites of 15+k... no way my fire ball hits for 60+k on a crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Consecutive crits will make a bigger ignite. If you get two huge crits within 3 seconds or so you can get a much bigger ignite. Ignite still rolls to a very limited extent.
    Can I just say WTF to these two? Is there something hugely important about Ignites not being overwritten on consecutive crits that I've missed playing a Fire Mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Not irrespective of where it comes from. It's better that the ignite comes from a Pyro because a Pyro ignite will do more damage than a Fireball ignite.
    .... You dont get my point.. I said that the only thing that matter is the size of the ignite, not the source... So basically you are just agreeing with me. TYVM!

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    This part however is true, Ignite stacks if the crits happen at big enough intervals and thus make it a bit of a luck factor I have seen ignites of 15+k... no way my fire ball hits for 60+k on a crit.
    You can crit (20k 20k 20k) during a BL e.g. then your first ignite tick would be 15k (quickly going down to 10 [assuming you dont crit again]).
    Or 30k 30k, same result...
    Last edited by Omegasupreme; 2011-04-13 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegasupreme View Post
    .... You dont get my point.. I said that the only thing that matter is the size of the ignite, not the source... So basically you are just agreeing with me. TYVM![COLOR="red"]
    No, the source of the ignite matters, because the biggest ignite you can get is from a pyro rather than a fireball. If you're talking about getting the biggest possible ignite then you're talking about a pyro crit rather than a fireball crit, ergo the source matters.