Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentshank View Post
    4.1 is to cata as ToC was to wrath!
    NO WAI

Actually I have to disagree here, we're not getting "raid" content this patch. We're getting dungeon "tier"

Maybe if firelands releases 4-6 bosses even though they said 7 or if we see CoT have 4-6 bosses like hyjal did then we can say 4.x is to cata as ToC was to wrath. Almost but not enough

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    First of all this is hardly "Recycled", "Revamped", or any other sort of "re" anything.

That's like saying they're recycling concerts at Madison Square Garden because you saw Prince there 4 years ago.

Just because it's being held at the same venue does not mean it's the same thing.
    When it's the same band singing more or less the same songs, with the same crowd in the same place, I'm sorry, but it's just not my cup of tea.

New content it is certanly not, I wouldn't go as far as saying recycled, but certainly reused. It's not new, and the whole setback routine got old long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets all do the math here shall we.

Wrath was released in November with the first content patch 5 months later in april. (give or take days, just be general about it :P)

Now, if December is when Cataclysm was released, When would the first MAJOR content be? May. They aren't delaying Firelands. They are giving us finished content to play with till Firelands is finished and ready for release on its intended schedule. Now I also aint saying that they look a tad behind but cut them some slack, they still have some time.

Another thing is people complain far to much about "recycled" content. This whole expansion is 100% based on reshaping of the world and continuing with the story line. This means they are taking old instances/raids and making them progress with the storyline. Lore wise it makes perfect sense. As a vanilla player who raided all but naxx, I welcome this seeing as the old world was fun to explore compared to the smallness of outlands and northrend.

As for abyssal maw? Idk. They have a ton of content they still have to push out. War of the Ancients, Firelands, Abyssal Maw, Deathwing, possible AQ content, possible Troll raid. You all will want more time when Firelands comes out and they are advertising for new content to build your legendarys anways.. just be patient, it wll come

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Oh I wouldn't say ZA and ZG are old. I highly doubt any substantial number of current WoW players ever ran the originals at level.
    So something isn't old because it's new to the majority? Derp.

First of all this is hardly "Recycled", "Revamped", or any other sort of "re" anything.

That's like saying they're recycling concerts at Madison Square Garden because you saw Prince there 4 years ago.

Just because it's being held at the same venue does not mean it's going to be the same thing.

I've ran both ZA and ZG to hell and back, more times than I care to count, however, it's not the same bosses, every boss that was in there is now a new boss entirely . In place of them former selves are new bosses, with a new updated story, and new mechanics!

Same venue, new show! Yeah you'll see familiar places, structures, things, perhaps a model here and there, but it's not the same instance. This is not Naxx again.

Fine, to you it's a trash patch, however, it's all new stuff just held in the same place, continuing the story line of these now vacant (or what would be vacant) places to bring it in line with the rest of the game.
    Except the raid content, this entire expansion has been a massive heap of recycled shit. Including some new bosses and adding a new ability doesn't take away the fact this effort could have been invested in creating new and REFRESHING content instead of the garbage they keep throwing at us for quite some time now.

Even though I have cleared the available raids 1.5 months ago, I don't particularly desire Firelands now, however, it doesn't prevent me from being disgusted by their approach when it comes to content in general (not to even mention the lack of polishing they shown recently when it comes to art and interiors).

Just because it's being held at the same venue does not mean it's going to be the same thing.

I've ran both ZA and ZG to hell and back, more times than I care to count, however, it's not the same bosses, every boss that was in there is now a new boss entirely . In place of them former selves are new bosses, with a new updated story, and new mechanics!

Same venue, new show! Yeah you'll see familiar places, structures, things, perhaps a model here and there, but it's not the same instance. This is not Naxx again.

Fine, to you it's a trash patch, however, it's all new stuff just held in the same place, continuing the story line of these now vacant (or what would be vacant) places to bring it in line with the rest of the game.
    Dealing with ZG:No matter how you look at it. Blizz are recycling. Not recycling it fully but recycling it none the less. You can't argue with that.

From what i hear ZA is the same thing. So yeah. It is naxx again. Only this time its not 3% of the player replaying. Its more like 50%.

I'm fine with blizz reusing stuff. However I want it teamed with brand new, never seen before content. Theres nothing really new with this patch which is why i'm and so many players are disappointed.

Terrible analogy.

This is like saying prince's management is recycling concerts because I saw prince doing the same show he did in the 80s, the purple rain tour. Obviously prince is years older. Maybe he'll sing the songs a bit differently, maybe change one or two around because his wisdom demands it... but it is just recycling that tour.

They're recycling the dungeon. Obviously it isn't the exact same dungeon, but is it really different enough to matter?
    Why not just make a new troll dungeon? (Because its easier to recycle old ones). Or just something completely new conceptually?

Do you run through the revamped stratholme and think it's just totally cool and different? Derp.

I ran both ZG and ZA into the ground at their original levels and I'm still excited to do them again as 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Saliz View Post
    Except the raid content, this entire expansion has been a massive heap of recycled shit. Including some new bosses and adding a new ability doesn't take away the fact this effort could have been invested in creating new and REFRESHING content instead of the garbage they keep throwing at us for quite some time now.

Even though I have cleared the available raids 1.5 months ago, I don't particularly desire Firelands now, however, it doesn't prevent me from being disgusted by their approach when it comes to content in general (not to even mention the lack of polishing they shown recently when it comes to art and interiors).
    I think this is off base. If you take an inventory of how all of the dungeons: 5, 10 and 25 regs and heroic, worked you'll find a lot of innovation and interesting game mechanics.

In the end, MMOs are restricted by the idea of groups of coordinated people. That limits what you can and can't do with boss design. I think they've done a good job of keeping it interesting, I just hate when the "interesting" is replaced with "random shit."

Please explain what content you think is "recycled" so far in cata? On second thought, don't, because none of it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    They didn't say they DO NOT include it within 4.1.

On the side note, I don't think we need to actually watch this one, Polish-subbed, particular video of Blizzcon. But it's also definitely hilarious, watching me as I notice my precious language here and then mess around with text looking for some auto-adjusting regional gadgets, without realizing in the first place that someone could actually be Polish and make such typo copy-pastying from YouTube. ^^

Deleted
    Abyssal Maw could possibly be in 4.3 and in relation to ZG and ZA,I'm not excited about them per say but it's not the worst thing they've ever done like people are making it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    4.2 - Wota Cot
    4.3 - DW Raid

Abyssal will likely be inbetween raids to keep people busy, similar to ZA/ZG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by incomingnerfs View Post
    I expect to see AQ revamps for 4.3 with some tie-in silithus quests possibly.

new content + revamp at launch, revamp 4.1, new content 4.2, revamp 4.3 ... that is the pattern i expect
    Some new Silithus quests are already on the PTR. ;D

Also, how do we know 4.2 won't have Abyssal Maw's dungeon? All we know is it will have firelands and more dailies so far.
    Did everyone know 4.1 would have ZA, ZG, the call to arms, etc before it went up on the PTR? Noooo.