Thread: 10H Maloriak

10H Maloriak

Just curious is Heroic Maloriak possible without slow trap or earthbind since the adds do so much damage. Are there any good alternatives?
    Tanks are Druid and Pally
    DPS: Rogue,DK(unholy),Mage, Warlock,SP
    Heals:Priest,Pally,Druid

your mage can use ring of frost every so often, warlock can hand of golden stun, i don't know if resto druids can lay mushroom.

The combination of desecration, blast wave and infected wounds should be enough - that is exactly what we have. The tank WILL take damage. Check your parses though, he could be taking a lot of extra damage from the black pools. It is entirely possible that his kite path is flawed or he isn't moving quickly enough.

Raiding is a lot more fun if you actually have a look at strategies yourself instead of asking for advice the minute you seem to encounter an issue.

Your raid group has a few ways of slowing/stunning the adds:

Ring of Frost, Hand of Gul'dan root (demo), Shadowfury (Destro) and Desecration from your unholy DK

Now, the most reliable slow you can get is Desecration but that means sacrificing quite much of the DKs DPS. So just try to work out what works for you guys, but it is definitely doable.

Good luck!

Deleted
    Our first kill was with pretty similar comp as you, only with dk as mt, me as druid ot. We only used mage throwing RoF, followed by frost nova after 6 adds spawned. that should give enough time to make it to green phase. Just make sure you kill one wave before/during slime phase cause 9 adds is pretty much untankable, as feral at least.

Hope this helps a bit, good luck on your malo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadjra View Post
    Just curious is Heroic Maloriak possible without slow trap or earthbind since the adds do so much damage. Are there any good alternatives?
    This is easy to fix. You just have 3 abbarations during Swill Phase, they don't really add any damage with just 3 there and just the aoe from dpsing swills kills them. Than you only do 6 during green phase, ez peezy.

Alternatively, after first 3 spawn after swill phase you have a dps taunt 1 out at a time and single target blow them. Kill 3 to the same effect. Any tank should be able to tank 6 no problem.
    Last edited by Garouken; 2011-04-12 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, as Garouken said you should be killing 3 aberrations in each black phase so you'll only ever have 6 adds on your OT and that shouldn't be an issue. And the 2nd round of aberrations you'll end up pulling them off him and killing them since you will need to slow/stop dps on Maloriak anyway.

In our 10 man group we do him without killing abberations in black, and with no hunter.
    We have our holy pally tank 1 abberation to reduce damage on the OT, as it's easily healable.
    We also have our 2 priests Life grip our OT back and forth once the 3rd set of abberations come out as to prevent them from touching him until the green potion actualy happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Garouken View Post
    This is easy to fix. You just have 3 abbarations during Swill Phase, they don't really add any damage with just 3 there and just the aoe from dpsing swills kills them. Than you only do 6 during green phase, ez peezy.

Alternatively, after first 3 spawn after swill phase you have a dps taunt 1 out at a time and single target blow them. Kill 3 to the same effect. Any tank should be able to tank 6 no problem.
    except you cant count on this because sometimes he wont release them. and to the OP: your group has plenty of slows just get it done

Targetted CCs are somewhat helpful too, they don't last full duration but it cuts some damage. Glyphed fear bomb from a priest is also a good setup for a ring of frost. Just need a bit of CC while 9 are out and get to green phase.

Personally in my guild though, we get 3 abberations before black phase(reset if he doesnt cast it) and just kill them before the green phase. The 6 adds is easily tankable.

Tank has to "tank" the adds ye, he will take dmg regardless, our lock goes demo, breaks recount just like on hafus, while me(rogue) and oomkin do a solid 30 k aoe. shit dies fast.
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

Quote Originally Posted by Kadjra View Post
    Yu have a mage and are worried about not having earthbind or a slow? I would KILL for a mage in our group on Maloriak. Just have him frost nova when 6 of the Abberations are out and Ring of Frost when all 9 come out. As green phase is about to start; run over, pop a cooldown, and tank the 9 adds and they fall to aoe damage.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...m/jin/advanced
    You've fallen into a Sarchasm.
    It's the gap between someone being sarcastic, and you picking up on that sarcasm.

We don't even kite the adds, we have warrior tank just simply tank the adds.
    If we have the oppertunity we let 3 adds out before black vial phase, given the rng is right.
    We have a melee person, retri paladin (me), Taunt off an add, and kill it alone. Rinse and repeat until you have killed all 3 abberations.
    That way we have 6 adds up for green vial phase.

It's important to note that the best time to release abberations is blue phase, as the tank will have alot less trouble without having to worry about running in scorching breath.