Bartender Not Working

So im building a new UI for my main, and today ive finished the last stuff - and it looks amazing!
    At the same time I started a new alt, and was able to use the all the profiles from my main BUT i got a problem with Bartender.

Im not sure if i can explain this right but here it goes:
    Bar1 in Bartender scrolls through ALL the active bars when i use Shift+mouse wheel. On my main (where i copied the profile from to my alt) it only scrolls through Bar1, ah how to explain this: like the default bar.

According to the setting in Bartender (for Bar1) it looks like:
    State Config:
    Enabled
    Possed Bar Enabled
    ActionBar Paging Enabled

I really cant figure out what is causing the problem, since it works fine on my main, but not on my alt.

ActionBar Paging is what you are referring to. Check your 1) wow keybinds to make sure Shift+UP and Shift+Down are assigned to paging your action bars, and also possibly check 2) Bartenders settings on Bar2,3,4,5,6 etc to make sure ActionBar Paging is Enabled.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

1) Looking at my keybinds (which are the same on all chars) i got:
    - Previous Action Bar: Shift+mouse wheel Up
    - Next Action Bar: Shift+mouse wheel Down

So that should be fine (since it works on my main and i use the same keybinds)

2)None of the bars im using BESIDES Bar1 is has ActionBar Paging Enabled, and Bar1 is still paging fine on my main.

Yeah just looked at it in game. Only Bar 1 needs ActionBar Paging enabled.

Check if Shift+Up arrow, Shift+Down arrow, Shift+2 Shift+3 Shift+4 works. And that you have an up to date Bartender version. I can't see a reason for it not to work.

Well dont get me wrong - it works, but instead of just paging to the default bar, it pages through all the bars (on my alt).
    I am truely pussled about this - the version is up to date also - all i did was copy the profile from my main to my alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    but instead of just paging to the default bar
    Okay you lost me.

Please re-explain as best as you can. (I thought you wanted to turn ActionBar Paging on.)

If your main is a druid (or warrior somewhat) then almost all of their bars are already conditional with a form. Other classes will have all of these bars "extra" bars available and will page through all of them.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-04-12 at 09:41 PM.

Okay uhm.

If u use the default actionbar, bar1 will page to another bar (dont remember if its called anything) by using your mousewheel+shift up or down.
    In Bartender Bar1 pages to that bar - and its all good - but using my mouse wheel up or down.
    I then copied the profile from my main to an alt, and now Bar1 pages to ALL the bars im using in Bartender.
    Last edited by Muliercula; 2011-04-12 at 09:52 PM.

Okay....

If you use the default Blizzard actionbars, they give you 6 bars.

1) Main Bar
    2) Bottom Left Bar
    3) Bottom Right Bar
    4) Right Bar
    5) Right Bar 2
    6) 6th unused Action Page

Bartender gives you 10 bars.

Your Blizzard keybind to go from Next ActionBar and Previous ActionBar only pages bar 1 and 6.

If you want to specifically Page only two seperate bars in Bartender then Unbind Shift+UP and Shift+Down from Previous and Next and bind them specifically to Action Page 1 and Action Page 6 or whatever page has your alternative binds.

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    If you want to specifically Page only two seperate bars in Bartender then Unbind Shift+UP and Shift+Down from Previous and Next and bind them specifically to Action Page 1 and Action Page 6 or whatever page has your alternative binds.
    But this is where I get confused. All i did was download Bartender. Enable some bars/disable some. Turned Atcion Bar Paging on for Bar1 and it worked! That profile i used on my alt - which has the same keybinds and addons, but it pages through all the bars, though only Bar1 is supposed to page.

The example would be on main:
    - Hold mouse over Bar1 and scroll up/down - the bar pages to the same bar it used to page to when i used Default UI.
    On alt:
    - Hold mouse over Bar1 and scroll up/down - the bar pages through bar 3, 4, 5, 6.

And ive only enabled Action Bar Paging for Bar1. It doesnt make any sense.

Check if you have that little box on the top right "Character specific keybinds" checked for either you main or alt.

It's a keybind issue it's not an issue with Bartender. Either way did it fix it by only paging the specific bar?

I dont use Char Specific keybinds - tripple checked!

Im really going out of my mind. Ive always used Paging for professions and stuff, but now I cant cause it faking pages through all the bars.

All im doing is logging between those 2 chars and checking settings and keybinds - but unless im blind the are the same - hell the should be since i just copied the profile from my main to my alt.

Also as he mentioned before, if your main or new alt is a warrior or druid certain forms change certain bars, and that could easily be what is causing this change
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

Okay so did setting a specific keybind for Action Page 1 Shift+Up and Action Page 6 Shift+Down fix the issue?

If it's really driving you crazy, now's a good time to give up the habit of paging anyway if you want to try an alternative: OPie, for infrequently used:

• Short-term quest and instance items
    • Potions, Health stones, Mana gems
    • Damage-absorbing shields
    • Shapeshifts, stances and mounts
    • Foods: biscuits, stat buffs, arena water
    • Situational abilities like resurrects or long-cooldown spells
    • Equipment manager sets

I FIXED IT!

While smoking almost all my cigarettes in pure depression I rememebered(?) something!

I dont know -WHY- this affects Bartender, but i havent enabled my default actionbars.

Let me explain THE FIX:
    I pressed: Esc -> Interface -> Actionbars -> Enabled bottom left, bottom right, Right Bar and Right Bar 2.

For the love of God I dont understand WHY the default bars has to be enabled, but this did the trick!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... *going out to buy more smokes*

Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    I FIXED IT!

While smoking almost all my cigarettes in pure depression I rememebered(?) something!

I dont know -WHY- this affects Bartender, but i havent enabled my default actionbars.

Let me explain THE FIX:
    I pressed: Esc -> Interface -> Actionbars -> Enabled bottom left, bottom right, Right Bar and Right Bar 2.

For the love of God I dont understand WHY the default bars has to be enabled, but this did the trick!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... *going out to buy more smokes*
    Dude, I LOVE YOU <3 7 month trying to fix it

Moderator Note:
    Topic too old, let's close it.