Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Congratulations Blizzard, you've successfully killed off the Shaman class. Enhancement and Elemental were both useless already, and now you've succeeded in destroying Restoration by giving such a heavy nerf to one of their core ablities.

Welcome to the first omen of WoW's permanent death. In all due time, the remaining classes are next... Time to go play (the at this moment vastly superior) Rift!
    More importantly, what's Rift?

If the game is still alive in 6 months, get back to us. Until then, enough with the mythical WoW-killer crap since that game hasn't been invented yet.

Great for us pve resto shamans, getting nerfed because of pvp.

They already took away bloodlust, nerfed tremor totem, purge, cleansing totems, took away cleansing totems&disease and poison cleanse, nerfed cleansing waters, grounding totem, and talk is they will nerf our interupt aswell (that doesnt even lock the school for more then 2 seconds). And we always had, and will even after the patch have the worst and fewest defensive cooldowns in pvp. And now this, which will hit hard to pve healing aswell were we are already bad in many situations when raid is spread out.

This just because for the first time in arena history you can actually see a some of the skilled resto shamans in the higher brackets. Not to mention the 2 other speccs are hit hard by most of the changes, which were in terrible shape even before them.

What really needs changing is for resto shamans to scale like the other healers with improved gear, remove the double resilience set bonuses, and make chain heal not unreliable in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    When they say "rare gem" they dont mean blur equality rare, they mean low drop chance rare. They data mined Epic gems a little while back during the first announcement of 4.1. I would put money on those epic gems being the ones that are in the bags.
    It will most likely be blue gems, unless they decide to go the deeply risky route similar to the old fishing dailies with the Stormjewels in WotLK. All those will do is cripple the JCs from making much of any money when they do release true epic gems to cut, AND will piss DPS off more, cause they won't get CtA status except under fluke rare occasions, and likely have to pay out the ass for their wanted +Int/Str/Agi gems (since I know 3/4 tanks will just go for the +Mastery ones).

The resto shaman changes seem just fine to me. It's pretty easy to see Blizz's intent behind them. The 20% nerf to earth shield is balanced out by the 3% buff to Nature's Blessing, so obviously they felt like resto shammies were doing too much tank healing through just smacking an earthshield on the tank and letting other healers do the rest. The grounding totem nerf...well that's mostly a pvp thing so I can't really comment on how necessary it is.

The criteria on many of the profession-related guild achievements has been significantly reduced.
    Here's the only thing I care about. I can only hope that includes That's a lot of Bait.

Thank god for the pvp nerf for shamans totem. Try killing a shaman with a ranged that is running around a pillar in 2s. It's impossible if they do it correctly. This should fix that.

Mages

Frost
    Fingers of Frost bonus damage applied to Ice Lance has been increased to 25%, up from 15%.
    Frost Armor has been reworked:
    It now reduces physical damage taken by 15%, instead of providing 20% additional armor.
    Frostbolt damage has been increased by 10%.

Shaman

Grounding Totem cooldown has been increased to 25 seconds, up from 15.

Yep thats fair.

Oh look the satchel is BoA, I know what I'm going to do on my tank/healer next patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    The resto shaman changes seem just fine to me. It's pretty easy to see Blizz's intent behind them. The 20% nerf to earth shield is balanced out by the 3% buff to Nature's Blessing, so obviously they felt like resto shammies were doing too much tank healing through just smacking an earthshield on the tank and letting other healers do the rest. The grounding totem nerf...well that's mostly a pvp thing so I can't really comment on how necessary it is.
    You sir have truly no idea what healing as a resto shaman is like ig you thing all we do it "smack on an earth shield and let the other healers do the rest". The 3% increase will do nothing to cover the amount of healing we lose on our ES, although the Mastery change might even it out. But please dont belittle my class thinking that all we do it throw up ES on the tank and watch TV until the raid is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohforfsake View Post
    It doesnt scale well enough. Rofl. I am wearing 372 mostly, and everyone and their dog in my raid can roflstomp my aoe unless i burn berserk, and then i might compete. (while it lasts). You can't be serious, dud. Swipe is so bad that unless you have like 7-10 mobs around it'd be better to single target FF or apply tab-rake. While i do agree that +100% is a lot, especially with berserk in mind, it does need a major buff. I have to use my crappy offspec moonkin gear for maloriak heroic because swipe totally fails there, and on halfus heroic even though im doing fine by the end of it as feral, on the most important and difficult phase where you have to burn everything in mass-aoe i'd be lucky to do half of our mage, rogue, hunter and warlock damage, even though i burn berserk there

23k swipe crit is lol-nothing.. Moonkin's mushrooms crit for 40k plus starfall critting for 20k all around, frost DK HB crits for 70k(and 35k on secondary targets), firemages have 2 dots critting each for 20-25k on everything around, etc etc..
    Yeah sorry i should of been clearer. Swipe is dogcrap for small packs atm but i think 100% is to high. Somewhere between the 2 sounds reasonable. (I personally wanted a 50% buff) but comparing swipe to some of the best aoe in the game and going "this isnot good enough!!" is a bit wtf imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Congratulations Blizzard, you've successfully killed off the Shaman class. Enhancement and Elemental were both useless already, and now you've succeeded in destroying Restoration by giving such a heavy nerf to one of their core ablities.

Welcome to the first omen of WoW's permanent death. In all due time, the remaining classes are next... Time to go play (the at this moment vastly superior) Rift!
    Wrong. Their core ability is wind shear.

Deleted
    Gief elemental a buff ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard nerfing shamans and giving mages a boost .WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
    They just need to nerf wind shear then maybe resto Shamans will be balanced.

Nobody cares about the other specs anyway.
    WTF?! Why not nerf other interrupts then, like counterspell for example? Besides, wind shear is one of few interrupts that doesn't even have spell lock :P

Deleted
    I can't wait to get my free maelstrom crystals lol.

^^^ mealstrom crystals ftw

Fantastic - I can see this justifying 4 more weeks on PTR ...