Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire Mage : Crit and Haste %

Im wondering what most higher end mages are running % wise crit and haste.

Im 4/5 or 5/5, Shadowflame/Twilight for 5th replace. Everythings BiS b4 heroics.

Im currently 27.05% crit and 20.92% haste buffed. Fireball 1.95 cast.

------

Side note SP's always seem to outdps me, am I doing something wrong or is that the SP thing. (AoE Fights are in my favor obviously, but too few)

Deleted
    SPriests are strong dpsers at the moment, stronger and less RNGy than us fire mages

I think its better to have unbuffed % to compare... No clue what my current fireball casts are...
    Inbuffed:
    11.02% - 1141 - Haste
    18.03% - 1371 - Crit

Far from anything that is BIS, still have blue head, shoulders, offhand and ring.
    Also still have not been able to get my hands on a decent caster wand, though the only one that there is drops from TRASH randomly!

We should be heading off into HCs soon, perhaps my first upgrade to those blues will be heroic items

15+ Year Old Account
    I have like 24% crit with molten and 16% haste or so unbuffed. But I don't remember since my armory shows arcane since I'm arcane for heroic nef.

Deleted
    first you have to have 17% hit.
    after that you need 12.5% haste raidbuffed, so every dot has one additional damage tick (quite easy to reach).
    after that crit gets more important and haste is rather insignificant.
    or summed up for Fire Mage:
    Int > Hit > Haste(until 12.5%) > Crit > Mastery > Haste(above 12.5%)

10+ Year Old Account
    1365 Haste and 1529 crit which makes around 13,66% haste and 19,72% crit (20,72% since i'm worgen) but SimCraft tells me i can go for moar crit

My armory is in my sig (Arganthos) if you want to look him up, i'm currently arcane specced because of nef heroic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    first you have to have 17% hit.
    after that you need 12.5% haste raidbuffed, so every dot has one additional damage tick (quite easy to reach).
    after that crit gets more important and haste is rather insignificant.
    or summed up for Fire Mage:
    Int > Hit > Haste(until 12.5%) > Crit > Mastery > Haste(above 12.5%)
    Yeah, no. This isn't 4.0.1 anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    haste depends on your gear because of stupid ignite munching, best thing is you use rawr/simcraft to determinate how much haste you should get

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Yeah, no. This isn't 4.0.1 anymore.
    maybe you would like to tell me what exactly should have changed this stat priority?

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact of ignite munching @ silvator

as i stated before, haste depends on your gear now. crit lost value because of ignite munching.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    maybe you would like to tell me what exactly should have changed this stat priority?
    Rawr/simcraft take into account ignite munching now. Haste is better in heroic gear than crit and mastery is last.

Deleted
    'kay thats news for me. thought i read somewhere that ignite munching is nearly neglectable in current gear levels.

but still, Ashcroft mentioned this is regarding nonhardmode equipment.
    maybe stat priority is more like
    Int > Hit > Haste/Crit depending on gearlevel > Mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah thats it silvator^^

19.6% crit with 1291(10.08) haste.
    Fireball cast time of 1.98. Just under 2s i forget.
    Di'd Spriest outdps'd me on H magmaw by 4k(spriest 32k). With the nerf though we should be closer in 4.1?
    My first forced combustion right after pull was rather weak tho but had a decent one for first head phase. Had an attempt were i peaked at 40k at the start was really nice.

Also, to the post above regarding haste to be near 12.5 raid buffed is incorrect. At high levels you want to be at 15% raid buffed to reach the next combustion haste plateau. Customize the 2.5% haste into crit.
    Last edited by Snuff.20; 2011-04-13 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuff.20 View Post
    19.6% crit with 1291(10.08) haste.
    Fireball cast time of 1.98. Just under 2s i forget.
    Di'd Spriest outdps'd me on H magmaw by 4k(spriest 32k). With the nerf though we should be closer in 4.1?
    My first forced combustion right after pull was rather weak tho but had a decent one for first head phase. Had an attempt were i peaked at 40k at the start was really nice.

Also, to the post above regarding haste to be near 12.5 raid buffed is incorrect. At high levels you want to be at 15% raid buffed to reach the next combustion haste plateau. Customize the 2.5% haste into crit.

Magmaw favors shadow though seeing as they can refresh more and stronger dots than we right before the headphase ends. All fire has is a fairly short LB and meter padding with parasites.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

18.07% (1873 rating) haste
    22.87% (1051 rating) crit
    1.91 sec FB with no buffs.

Well, depending on gear, haste or crit can be better then the other, which is annoying to always having to reforge. Though RAWR addon helps with this. The soft haste capt for Mages is 516, giving your DoTs and extra tick. Though once 4.1 hits, crit will be much better then haste due to the fix of DoT crits ruining out big ingites and combustion chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    Though once 4.1 hits, crit will be much better then haste due to the fix of DoT crits ruining out big ingites and combustion chances.
    We can only pray.

Deleted
    AI and molten buffed only
    6672 sp
    12,80 % haste
    23,91 % crit
    17.04 % hit
    2 sec flat fireball cast (4 t11)

Yes im a crit based mage atm, sorry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Magmaw favors shadow though seeing as they can refresh more and stronger dots than we right before the headphase ends. All fire has is a fairly short LB and meter padding with parasites.
    Head of Magmaw is a separate mob, like Deconstructor's heart. I'm quite sure dots don't keep ticking on it after he retreats to normal phase.

Should I reforge my haste to crit?
    My fireballs are going at like 1.99 seconds.
    When will the diminishing return occur?