Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Am I just whining or was this messed up?

We down Nef tonight, our second time, and Helm of the Forlorn Protector drops (tier head piece for warriors, hunters, shaman). Both our Shammies already have the shoulders from Cho'gall, so I figure it's down to me and the warrior who happens to be our raid leader. I say "good luck" to him in vent.

Boom...the shammy who won the shoulders last week needs and wins. I whisper the raid leader saying "yo dude, he already has a tier piece" and I get a "so what?" reply. I've had the damn chest piece sitting in the bank waiting for a month, and the 4pc is a significant upgrade for MM hunters.

Guess it's moot, raid is over and I got zero backup from my raid leader because "we have plenty of dps so it's not a big deal". Just interested in ya'lls opinions. Honestly, no shit, had it been me, I wouldn't have even ROLLED if I already had 4pc and other raid members didn't.

So, am I just whining here or was that a fucked up move by the shammy and a bad call by our raid leader?

Deleted
    yup you are whining. No effence menat. What kind of loot system does your guild use? EPGP, Suicide Kings, Simple Need before Greed?

Whatever the system, you should be aware of the system - if you had a chance to get the helmet, you should have rolled for it. If you didn't, well tough luck, and you can get it the next time.

Though I am also wondering in what kind of guild you are if your raid leader replies with: So what - it does not seem to me that you are playing with friends, go switch guild mate

10+ Year Old Account
    You are whining ^w^ Dont worry, it happens to all of us. Shit happens and there isn othing you can do about ti so suck it up and be a man! You can get it next week.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

15+ Year Old Account
    Him getting the gear helps the raid as well. It's no big deal.

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not nearly enough information to decide.

"Yo dude he already has a tier piece"

"Ive had the chest sitting in my bank for a month"

Wat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    "Yo dude he already has a tier piece"

"Ive had the chest sitting in my bank for a month"

Wat?
    I think he meant the drop tier. =p Neffy and Cho'ggy drops the tier pieces while the others you can buy. (Unless you run BH for the gloves/legs)
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Loot is just need before greed, but I guess I always figured that it was common sense and common courtesy that tier pieces are rolled upon by those who need one to complete their set. Like I said, it would not have even occurred to me to roll on one had it been my choice....I would have passed to a guildie who needed it.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll just be more ruthless with my rolling in the future, since the consensus seems to be "each man for themselves".

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 02:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Musra View Post
    I think he meant the drop tier. =p Neffy and Cho'ggy drops the tier pieces while the others you can buy. (Unless you run BH for the gloves/legs)
    Yeah, the chest I have now is better itemized than the tier piece until you complete the set with either the shoulders or head, so I have it (tier chest) sitting in the bank for now. Shoulders and head cannot be purchased with VP....unlike the legs that mr. shammy could have bought instead of rolling on the helmet tonight :-(
    Last edited by Hunto; 2011-04-13 at 06:21 AM.

Never ever trust in the common courtesy, and especially common sense, of other people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunto View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll just be more ruthless with my rolling in the future, since the consensus seems to be "each man for themselves".(
    As I said before, if the consensus in your guild is need before greed, and you are not playing with friends (otherwise such courtesy would indeed exist), go and switch guilds , find a guild that does have social standards, and where you will have a better time enjoying the game

I can't really tell what happened from what you wrote. What I envision: You, warrior and shammy roll on a tier piece. Shammy won, but the shammy already has his 4 pc bonus, and you're upset because you don't have yours yet. If your performance, survivability, and attendance/effort is similar, your RL is being an ass, and you should explain to him how this is unjust. If you're better than the shammy, the RL is an idiot. If you're worse than the shaman, then RL is still rude but is at least interested in progression.

HOWEVER (and pls read what comes next it's more important than what I just wrote): Do not take faceless people's opinions on the forums as justification to go apeshit in your guild. Firstly, forgive the shammy and the RL (personally not to their face), and then see if you can address the problems with your current loot distribution method (use logic and not "QQ I wanted loot." Logic is stronger and doesn't hurt people's feelings as much). It is not a good idea to give someone a tier piece if they already have the 4pc bonus AND someone else could get their 4 pc bonus that night (that's just counterproductive). If you cannot get them to change the loot distribution system, and you feel that THE RAID'S (not yours) best interest are not taken into consideration, then politely leave your guild and find a new one. It may seem strange that I'm emphasizing staying calm and not hurting people's feelings, but their are many other living, breathing, laughing, crying people who see the green text you post, and sometimes people make mistakes.

As a dedicated raider and a sometimes raid leader, I feel your raid's best interest was betrayed this evening, but we're lacking specifics for me to feel sure that it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loot is just need before greed, but I guess I always figured that it was common sense and common courtesy that tier pieces are rolled upon by those who need one to complete their set. Like I said, it would not have even occurred to me to roll on one had it been my choice....I would have passed to a guildie who needed it.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll just be more ruthless with my rolling in the future, since the consensus seems to be "each man for themselves".

Yeah, the chest I have now is better itemized than the tier piece until you complete the set with either the shoulders or head, so I have it (tier chest) sitting in the bank for now. Shoulders and head cannot be purchased with VP....unlike the legs that mr. shammy could have bought instead of rolling on the helmet tonight :-(
    it sucks hardcore, really. I was replaced before for Omnomnom HC for a mage and when they killed him two attempts later (we had been wiping for awhile) they kill him and two poison protocol shoulders drop -_- it was really /fml

sounds like you're whining. sorry.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes a particular piece or two from a set is poorly itemized so people tend to pick their 4set around it. It could be those players who already had a shoulder are still getting a big upgrade by being able to equip an optimal 4 set w a better offset piece from another raid drop.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Dunno about your lootsystem, but i know something that could help you more then posting on mmoc.com
    Talk about your problems with your guild. No whispers but a discussion everyone can participate.

You feel missthreated, you should talk about it...maybe there are other members that think your point is right

Thanks for the reply, brick. Re: your post, I top the raid in damage nearly every night (damage done...feral does more DPS but I guess I have more uptime) while performing the usual hunter utility roles (misdirects, gongs on atramedes, switching to SV for adds on cho, etc).

I haven't had a useful upgrade in a couple months....13 or 14 halfus kills and malovelence won't drop for me, its a joke at this point. Really I spend 2-3 nights a week killing shit, topping the meters, always on time etc and I'm the last to get geared....rng doesnt like me. I asked to bring my healer alt on farm content and was told it "slows the group down too much", (dispite the fact that I've healed Chimaeron on him in pugs).

I see what you mean, and going apeshit (especially in public gchat) isn't my style anyway. Still, it definitely took the fun out of the rest of the night, and I felt really slighted by what happened.

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Sometimes a particular piece or two from a set is poorly itemized so people tend to pick their 4set around it. It could be those players who already had a shoulder are still getting a big upgrade by being able to equip an optimal 4 set w a better offset piece from another raid drop.
    No, he took it because he recently switched from heals to DPS and so his helmet was blue. Instead of waiting another week to get the VP he needed, apparently it was easier to just take the tier piece from others in the raid who needed it more.

Sorry for being off:topic, but man.... sometime I am so glad I get a guild with common sense. Competing gear drops with our Warrior tank, hunter and DK and lately none of us has even had the thought of rolling on the same gear. BiS -> biggest upgrade -> need -> free roll
    We have a loot council in our guild, but by following that we've had no trouble so far Except for the casters in the guild, always struggling

And man, feel your pain. Killed Halfus 12 times, and I'm still stuck with 346 shoulders

tbh I weowuld leave the guild.. they obviously arent in it for more than a LFD type tool.. find one wiht some friendly people.

I'm just confused because you said he rolled need and won.. and it seemed like you were talking about a guild group and not some organized weekly pug? Honestly with guild runs, you really want some kind of organized loot system more than just need rolls. The only time plain need rolls work in guild runs is when everyone respects eachother and they aren't selfish about loot.. and it seems in this case, that shaman was selfish.

If your guild has no way to divy out loot based on performance or attendance, and its just about how high you can roll each week, that really does suck and I'd recommend finding a new guild. And not to be insulting, but if you're just killing normal nef for the 2nd week (this far into the xpac), then there are probably a lot of other guilds out there that you can find with that kind of progression that you can try out. What I mean is its not like this is the best guild on your server and you don't want to leave it because its so cool, it seems like a pretty casual guild and trust me there are tons of them around. Good luck in your search for a new home!
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

10+ Year Old Account
    people are idiots man, just gotta deal with it