1. #1

    Nxt Patch Ret PVP

    With the next patch where World of Glory is becoming a 20 sec cooldown are many people planning on changing from Selfless healer and Eternal Glory and specing into something a bit more useful for the entire match. I see they upped the time on Selfless healer to a 30 sec buff but will it be worth the talent points to be put in it.

  2. #2
    Field Marshal Chuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    86
    30s change was backrolled. It's again 10s. So use of this talent is highly doubtable.

  3. #3
    unfortunately it may become a 3 hp + dp proc use wog on other for the 12% boost then check -> did "don't consume" talent proc -> if yes wings/zealoty -> tv spam for next 10 secs with full buffs -> if no wait and try again in 20 secs.

  4. #4
    No they removed the selfless healer buff back down to 10 As of now the patch note still says WOG is 20 sec
    Word of Glory now has a 20-second cooldown.

    MMo-champion posted
    Retribution
    Selfless Healer: The damage bonus from this talent now has a 30-second duration, up from 10.
    as a cross out but wows official notes still say its 30 sec
    so what one is right

  5. #5
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,198
    I saw it linked in another thread, the official notes say the same as the front page of MMO-C.

    Selfless Healer is currently set back to 10s. Subject to change, as always.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  6. #6
    That doesnt mean WOG is going to instant

  7. #7
    If things stay as they are,ret is dead in arena.Ret was good cause of WoG+Self.Healer+Zealotry on others or WoG+Zealotry on yourself.Thats why it was able to perform very well and of course skilled players reached high ratings.
    Though from what everyone that plays ret on a competitive pvp lvl says,ret wont be able to keep up with the cd on WoG for sure in Arena.
    Rated bgs is a different story.

    ---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 04:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroWOW View Post
    That doesnt mean WOG is going to instant
    WoG is instant but it had no cd on it.With 4.1 it will have a 20sec cd.

  8. #8
    Thats what i meant lol sorry but also lets not forget they are removing SS to a 60 sec internal so thats going to make survivability even worse.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Soundeffects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroWOW View Post
    Thats what i meant lol sorry but also lets not forget they are removing SS to a 60 sec internal so thats going to make survivability even worse.
    Rets will have by far the worst survivability of any melee with these nerfs. It's already train the ret most the time...now it will be all the time.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundeffects View Post
    Rets will have by far the worst survivability of any melee with these nerfs. It's already train the ret most the time...now it will be all the time.
    Sadly i agree. I was gathering ret/prot pvp gear just so my honor wasnt wasted too. At least i can vendor them i guesss...

  11. #11
    I am thinking about just making a Fury Warrior for my melee fix and hanging up my Ret Paladin's pvp gloves. I am already making a mage he is level 42 now he is only for PVP.. I figure screw it if Blizzard wants to OP some classes and nerf others I am just mad cuz I have the wrong class. Problem is solvable.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Contravene View Post
    I am thinking about just making a Fury Warrior for my melee fix and hanging up my Ret Paladin's pvp gloves. I am already making a mage he is level 42 now he is only for PVP.. I figure screw it if Blizzard wants to OP some classes and nerf others I am just mad cuz I have the wrong class. Problem is solvable.
    Fury isn't on any high rated team. Your main moves rely on enrage which can be taken off by hunters and rogues too easily and are very often seen at high ratings (at least right now), as well as your big burst getting nullified by any priest.

    As it stands now the usefulness of WoG is pretty high, but inherently you have at least an 8 second CD on it minus procs to make it useful on others and a 12 second cooldown on using it on yourself for any sort of REAL healing... so you get 12 or 8 seconds added to being able to use the move. It's not game breaking, at least at high levels.
    Last edited by GodTier; 2011-04-13 at 08:51 PM.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

  13. #13
    High Overlord Soundeffects's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Wa
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by GodTier View Post
    Fury isn't on any high rated team. Your main moves rely on enrage which can be taken off by hunters and rogues too easily and are very often seen at high ratings (at least right now), as well as your big burst getting nullified by any priest.

    As it stands now the usefulness of WoG is pretty high, but inherently you have at least an 8 second CD on it minus procs to make it useful on others and a 12 second cooldown on using it on yourself for any sort of REAL healing... so you get 12 or 8 seconds added to being able to use the move. It's not game breaking, at least at high levels.
    The reason why it's so good is because selfless healer. It's not really good on ourselves since it 50% LESS healing on ourselves over a partner. Yes it does take 12 seconds to get 3 holy power, but you can still use DP procs and Combine the heal with zealotry a lot of heals. I've been able to heal 4 times in a row due to the fact of zealotry combined with dp procs. It's a HUGE nerf not only to our survivability but to any team with a ret. I also disagree on you saying its not game breaking because it clearly is (even more so at high levels). For a ret to be HIGH in arena after patch, you will need 2 extremely good partners. The thing is, finding a team that wants a ret over a more useful class will most likely be a problem.

  14. #14
    Thanks for the words of wisdom on Fury Warriors but in fact no one will sit around at 3 Holy Power for 8 seconds to use WoG so now you are talking about two rotations to use it.. Basically take away all the fancy math and just say it as it is Blizzard put WoG on every other rotation to kill it from being used with Zealatory.. Miles and miles of band aids.. lolz

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by GodTier View Post
    Fury isn't on any high rated team. Your main moves rely on enrage which can be taken off by hunters and rogues too easily and are very often seen at high ratings (at least right now), as well as your big burst getting nullified by any priest.

    As it stands now the usefulness of WoG is pretty high, but inherently you have at least an 8 second CD on it minus procs to make it useful on others and a 12 second cooldown on using it on yourself for any sort of REAL healing... so you get 12 or 8 seconds added to being able to use the move. It's not game breaking, at least at high levels.
    You obviously don't know much about ret pvp. As it currently stands, much of it is about Zealotry WoG spam. Your healer is eating a cc chain, and their takedown target is your other teammate, you suddenly become a healer with humongous healing throughput. Zealotry becomes a necessary survival cooldown in ret teams, and nothing more. I understand that is not intended and that WoG cooldown nerf is mostly due to prots completely ignoring ShotR on account of WoG, but it's still to much of a nerf. Couple that with SS nerf on an already worst melee class when survival is concerned, you get a broken spec for any decent level of competitive play. Everyone should read Vanguards interview on arenajunkies. The person who has always been able to get to insane ratings while others were crying about the state ret was in, and is currently in a #1 ranked team in the entire world as ret, says how underpowered ret will be come next patch. That definitely counts for something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •