Cho'gall two healing help

Hello all-

Been reading this forum for a bit. Wonderful guide up top Myrrar, I've been basically doing my best to implement recommendations as fitting.

One of the things we've been struggling with is Cho'gall sadly. Originally we were having trouble pushing phase 2, and one of the things I've read time and again is to two-heal it. Generally we're struggling with a Bear tank taking damage coming back onto Cho'gall after off tanking the add while still having the fury buff on him. The other healer is a Pally healer along with me:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ammer/advanced

Obviously there are many factors involved in this fight, but are there any specific tips to two healing this?

We pushed the 2nd phase a few times 3 healing it and of course with a few depravity misses the damage is a bit much during phase 2, so that's *another* issue, but it's fully understood..

Thanks for any input.. I'll try and provide logs the next time we get in there, I screwed up the last few attempts logging and didn't upload the results.

If you can pull to phase 2 w/ 3 healers you are ok,
    But in 2 healers strat, Add tank dont need full attention, If you have a Holy Paly, Beacon con that tank should be more than enough (some times that tank get low, but hardly dies) Both healers should "always" focus on the tank, tanking the boss, That tank should know when to use their CDs to reduce damage, (more if just one healers is on him atm)

And the healers should know when to use theirs CDs too, for example Im druid healer, I use Tree of life and innervate(even If I dont really need it) in the second Add, Coz will be ready by the time we hit phase 2, and it helps me to solo heal the main tank, and get the raid up after the AoE Damage.

Problems there, IF both healer gets MC at same time, can be a wipe, if the tank dont have CDs to survive, If dont hit phase 2 faster, might be OOM by the time that hit it, EVERYONE need to be @ 0 corruption in phase 2 (or 10 just incase couldnt avoid something..). Early Heroims/Time Warp helps there, can use it after Chogall do the AoE Damage to heal faster there.

This is a Video I made my self on chogall,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZXGPkEhQrM
    Last edited by jshidaka; 2011-04-13 at 02:40 PM.

Let the offtank wait until the "Fury of Cho'gall"-debuff falls off?
    We do it this way and we have only 2 healers too.
    1 focused only on Cho'gall-Tank.
    1 focused only on Raid/Offtank.
    (Holypriest/RShammy)

10+ Year Old Account
    You need make sure debuffs fall off. There will be overlapping which is possibly where you are dying. There is nothing you can do about that. Your tanks need to be blowing CDs. The debuff goes out every 30 seconds and lasts 45. Just be smart with CDs and tank switches.
    You need to make sure you stack when you can to quickly get MC off. We got double MCd a couple times and still really didn't have a problem but sometimes rng = rng.
    Interrupt quick, if your tanks are getting too many stacks after the MC they are going to get hit hard.

How exactly are you doing the fight?
    The easiest way to 2 heal this and max out dps is this:

Tank the adds on Chogall in the center 1st. Stack before the add comes out to easily aoe heal and get MC off.
    When add comes out tank near chogall. Raid spread. Quickly dps him.
    When he gets close to dying OT drag him to the back, ranged kill him, melee switch back to chogall.
    Depravity HAS to be interrupted more for corruption than dmg.
    Rinse and repeat.
    By the 3rd add the babies will be a bit out of control, you may need any melee who have beastly aoe and low corruption go help.

Everyone needs low corruption. 2 healing having people aoe SB you is too much. Stay under 75%. At 50% and in P2 you have to make sure people are mouse turning away from the group or they will puke on them.

At 25% P1 adds auto despawn, new adds spawn. Spam them down quickly, making sure to kill the ones on your healers 1st.
    Move him to the throne after those 3 are down and it will bug spawn them very close to him. Focus them, and focus him.
    Save Tranq, make sure you'll have tree, make sure people have low corruption.

If this is how you are doing it and still having too much trouble two healing people are getting hit too much(Chogall has a lot of avoidable dmg), people aren't interrupting, or your tanks are switching too early or not paying attention to CDs.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-04-13 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    I've seen a lot of ppl recommending to 2 heal it and if you lack dps obviously this would be the option to go with - assuming your healers and tanks are somewhat decently geared?

My guild however 3 heal it and even then when RNG is a jerk, we have lost a tank. Anyways, if you in any way can push the dps a bit more, I find it a lot easier to 3 heal it.

What we do:

Tank Cho'gall at his throne under a marker. In the middle we have another marker, where our resto shaman drops a Grounding totem. At the stairs we drop the adds under a third marker - basically forming a straight line. Me (bear tank) drop the first add all the way up the stairs, the next at the middle and the third just below. Making the adds run in a straight line through the totems, slowing all of them.

We then have a lock go nuts on the first 2 rounds of adds, after that our mage and melee help out. Since I'm dragging the adds that far back, I have to use Stampeding Roar or simply go cat and Dash to get to Cho'gall in time to taunt off our other tank.

Sometimes we get a new add, before Fury of Cho'gall is cast. Just let the other tank taunt the add and kite it towards Cho'gall. That way it's easy to swop. Have the tank interrupt the adds, possibly with a dps helping. We have our melee stay on Cho'gall for like 10 secs, then they swop to the add. Reason to this is that I'm kiting rather fast and only have the range to dot it up not to loose aggro. That way positioning is piss easy.

Good luck OP

We've been 2 healing any normal mode bosses over the past few weeks, but we still 3 heal Cho'gall. It's gets pretty intense during phase 2 with only 2 healers and a boomkin's tranq. The first time we killed it with 3 healers was when we had the top two DPS sit on the boss the entire phase 2 while the other 3 went around prioritizing interrupts on eye's before killing them and working on the boss. If you stay in phase 2 for too long then it becomes unbearable.

Also note that not failing at any of the mechanics early in the fight is crucial because you want to have your blood be at 0% going into phase 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main thing is you reallly shouldn't need 3 healers for P2. You can have 5 healers and still wipe in p2. P2 is all about maxing dps and beating soft enrage. The dmg becomes unhealable really. We actually had a much easier time P2 with 2 healers.

1. it's a soft enrage. 1 dps on beams or sitting on the boss will make it go faster.
    2. we actually had more mana with 2 healers going into p2 because you get adds down faster making less healing overall

You can do any of these fights with 3 healers, but there is absolutely no need to use 3 if you have 2 solid healers. The main thing is playing correctly.

If you have weak healers or bad dps that stand in things or get their corruption too high 3 heals may be better. But, actually learning the encounter and doing it correctly and making your healers play better trivializes this fight.

If you have problems with tank death, the tank can kite chogall during flames orders, and many other instances where he casts. When you see the cast bar just run away, he won't chase you while casting, and then takes 5-7 seconds to catch up, avoiding a ton of damage. With a warrior tanking its even more of a joke - smart use of heroic leap and intervene can avoid taking any hits for the entire add phase. However healers need to be aware of the strategy.

Despite avoiding all the damage, most pugs whine because they have to move to stay in healing range (despite me not taking any damage anyway)

We struggled with Chogall for a long while, mostely because we kept trying to follow other peoples strats and it just wasnt working for us. Generally our raid comp is dk tank, pally tank, priest heals, shammy heals, feral dps, warrior dps, boomie dps, hunter dps, lock dps and mage dps.

We have dk tanking chogall slightly off centre of the room and pally tanking adds in one of the portal "coves" (in a straight line towards chogall). Feral and warrior sit on chogall the entire first phase, ranged switch between chogall and adds. When Fury comes the warrior goes sword and board, runs out and taunts chogall, eats the fury and the dk taunts him back straight away (occasionally the pally tank will eat one). Depending on dps we usually only get 3 adds, sometimes a 4th will spawn when we about to push 2nd phase, pally just off tanks till we push it (the big adds despawn when 2nd phase hits). Just before 2nd phase hits the dk pulls chogall into a wall to make sure the eyes spawn in clusters.

From there its lust and interupt > kill eyes and back on chogall. Overall it works well and we have one shot him the last two weeks with this strat. The main thing is your dps need to avoid the bad. Dps eating corrupted crash is bad and its their responsibility to be aware of whats happening.

thats pretty interesting having a dps eat the fury, never thought of that

We killed Cho'gall by 2-healing it on the third attempt (me as a 359 ilvl resto shaman and a holy paladin) after trying and failing for a few weeks to 3-heal it due to lack of DPS on the 4th set of adds which.

The key for me making it all the way to the final phase was to conserve mana, conserve mana, and conserve mana some more. To do that your DPS has to do everything they can to stay out of harm's way and you have to constantly keep in mind that you need to slowly heal everyone instead of trying to rush to get everyone to 100%. Any priests, druids, or whatever who can give you their mana helps alot too.

When the tank pulls the add to the back, he'll take a beating but don't try and keep him at 100%, it's more like not letting him dip below 30%. He won't take any damage spikes that can kill him if he avoids the pools. You can hot/slow heal him along the way back to the boss for the switch, then when eveyone is grouped up again THEN you aoe heal everyone to full with hots and cheap heals to top everyone off before the next Fury.

Never blow a wad of mana after Fury of Cho'gall to try and get everyone back to 100% quickly. There's no point and your mana will quickly disappear. If DPS dodges the incoming damage from the adds, they'll be fine, just slowly heal them up. You absolutely want them to 100% before the next Fury, of course, but slow heals cost considerably less mana than fast ones.

Remove any debuffs from players after they break out of Worship. Not doing so wastes DPS and heals. I was constantly removing Fear from people who would otherwise have been out of DPS rotation for the full duration.

You want to reach the final phase with as much mana as possible because that last phase puts out a lot of damage. DPS has to spell lock the stalks any way they can and kill them asap or else they're a huge mana drain. SPREAD OUT and don't puke all over each other. Our group did this -extremely- well on the third attempt and I was surprised at how little damage people were taking initially, but then it slowly started to ramp up. In the end I was almost out of mana and 2 dps had died.

Deleted
    We ended up doing our first kill on Cho'gall last week with 2 healers. We had been wiping on him for hours before that, with three healers. I guess it was mostly a lack of DPS.

We where 2-healing it with a resto druid and a holy priest.

And as some people already pointed out its about avoiding as much bad stuff as possible. We even had mana over and no one died that kill.

Well hallelujah we finally got him down. 2 Healed with myself and a holy pally.. The real trick to this fight for us was twofold: tank swap damage was hurting us early.. but the real trick was dps managing corruption and adds.. worked out really well.. Thanks for all the tips, feels good.. I'm diggin 4.1 changes to aoe heals plus eschewing heartsong for power torrent..