Deleted

Which font is this and how to use it

Hi everyone,

I would like to change the font of the Auction House UI to this:

But unfortunately I don't know the name of this font nor do I know how to use it / change the UI fonts.

I hope someone could help me. : ) Thanks!

Looks like Calibri to me, which comes shipped with Microsoft Office 2007 and newer... You can also download it for free from some sites, just do a Google search... If you're looking to use it in WoW, you need a text addon like Clearfont, but I'm not sure if they're still updating it.

Kinda looks like Calibri...

What I would do is paste that photo into a Word document, the type out the first line, matching text color and background. Highlight the text then go through and change the font until you find one that matches.

Edit: noteworthynerd beat me to it! The numbers kinda give it away.
    Last edited by Sj; 2011-04-13 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Kinda looks like Calibri...

What I would do is paste that photo into a Word document, the type out the first line, matching text color and background. Highlight the text then go through and change the font until you find one that matches.
    I did that, it matches.

better question, how are you selling greens for 255g?!

Well you can make a folder called Fonts, so it will be like:
    C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Fonts
    Inside you make 5 copies of the font file (you can download some on http://www.dafont.com/)
    Rename the 5 files to:
    ARIALN
    FRIZQT__
    MORPHEUS
    skurri
    Tangerin

Should replace all fonts ingame and addons aswell, had mine for like 2 years.
    If you don't like it or something went wrong you can simply just remove the Fonts map and everything will be to normal
    Last edited by TheWhiteFang; 2011-04-13 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Judging from the lowercase "g", and the fact I both saw and installed this font about 10 minutes ago I'm going to guess and say Expressway. Here's a free one.

It's certainly not Calibri, because of the letter g
    Yeah you're right, I only did the first line.

This line shows up quite a bit in the code in the CompactUI LUA file:

Code:
    text:SetFont(STANDARD_TEXT_FONT, 12)

Deleted
    Thanks! Expressway is the correct font! And I already found an addon called "tekticles" which lets me use it. I just had to change it a little.

But now I have a new problem: I want my chatframe to use Calibri (which is nice too) and Expressway for everything else. I use Prat to do that but every few minutes it switches back to Expressway even though I checked "remember font" in the Prat options menu.

Any ideas? :S

In the future, use identifont DOT com to find out font names. Quick and easy.

Prat's font-changing is bad. It's just awful. I prefer the folder method. Very simple and painless.

And yes, the font is Expressway or Expressway Free. You can tell by the way the "Exp" looks in "Expired" in the screenshot. I prefer Frutiger or Helvetica LT67 Medium Condensed for my text.