Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Celebrate it how you want to, not how your friends want to. Have them buy you some top shelf stuff, and have a fun night of it.

Knowing your limits is a great skill to have as well.

It's pretty safe to say that 21 shots will not make for a happy birthday.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    For my 21st I tried to do 21 drinks (not necessary a shot, like a beer or a mixed drink was one drink). Can't remember how many I was in, but for some reason I was allowed to mix my own drinks. It was like 2/3 rum 1/3 coke, in a decent sized glass. Didn't get to 21, passed out on the bathroom floor, and was hung over for two days. There are huge gaps in my memory of that night.

Bottom line, don't do it. Drink responsibly, drink to have fun, know your limit, don't let others pressure you.

You can always convince people that a birthday present to you would be them doing one of your shots for you. See if you can get 21 people to take a shot for you.

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    You're stupid if you do it.

You'll will eventually learn that alcohol is not the answer to anything. Unless you have social issues it will more than likely make you more of an asshat. If you have social issues it can help overcome some inhibitions, but only in moderation.

Focus on school and enjoy your life. You can way more fun if your NOT totally hammered. Have a couple shots get a a little messy and call it a night. No need to puke your guts out to prove you are tough. It's not a rite of passage anywhere...you don't get an achievement for it and in 20 years you probably won't even care nor remember it.
    "To Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." -Homer, after being the Beer Baron.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Deleted
    Only real advice is that do not mix your shots, drink the same alcohol the entire night, if you really want to drink those 21 shots. Wait a little between shots, maybe like 15-20mins and eat between shots aswell, not a lot, but food helps your body to break down the alcohol in your body. And like, would be perfect if you could drink those shots outside, I find that that I'm always less drunk when I drink outside (then again, drinking outside and going inside soon after that usually mows me down, so there's something you might want to consider ). Oh and eat before you start drinking.... That's pretty much all the advice I can give you . Oh, and you might want to drink juice or some other non-alcoholic drink between those shots, less of a hangover in the morning, hehe.

OP, as I and many others have asked before: What is the standard measure of a "shot" in the States? 4ml or 6? % of alchohol?

OnT, as a few others have mentioned, Alchohol is never the answer to anything. If you're lame and boring sober, you'll be just as lame and boring drunk.
    I drink because, around here, that's how the custom goes. We get hammered, dance and do stuff, and wake up the next day laughing about it.
    If you're shy or just socially "slow", you'll get bolder with a few beers down your throat. The space between tought and action gets shrunk, and stuff just happens.
    In general, people seem to be more outspoken and socially active under the influence.

It's a thing that we do that usually leads to a good night with a few laughs, and you always have a story to tell afterwards.
    Protip: Don't take yourself all too serious, let yourself loose and just enjoy being around with an awesome crowd. A little self-distance goes a long way.

sweet jesus christ do not do 21 shots, thats asking for a LOT of trouble. turning 21 is overrated to me anyway (even tho im only 19) im sure uve drank before so whats difference when turning 21 besides being able to order a drink at dinner or at a bar? besides everyone pre drinks before going to bars anyway. just drink the way u normally do (if its a good pace) and have fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verhoef3 View Post
    So I'm going to be a 21 year-old college student, you know what that means. I'm the first of my friends to turn 21, and they are all pushing me to do the 21 shots. To be honest, I don't really want to, but of course they would feel like a wimp if I don't try. I don't drink a lot of hard alcohol, mostly just beer. They are throwing me a party at their house and buying all the alcohol.

My problem is I want to be able to remember my birthday, so I will start the shots as soon as possible. I thinking I can knock out like 8 the night before my party and finish the rest over the course of the next day, maybe like 1-2 an hour. I want to be sober enough so that I can function normally at my party, but drunk enough so that I have a great time. I will probably need to get some lower proof stuff, but obviously I can't get anything super "girly" for fear of being made fun of for drinking it.

Any suggestions on how I should go about the shots or what to drink?

I know this is a stupid, please don't flame me and say that I am retarded for attempting this.

EDIT: I'm about 6'0 and 170 pounds, if that gives you an idea of how I can hold my alcohol.
    Personally imo if you do not want to do it don't do it. I didn't do this on my 21st birthday I had a rum and coke and that was it. I prefer not to drink a lot because that is just who I am. Although I can handle my liquor I only socially drink like at work parties.

Tell your friends for every shot you have that they have to in turn take a fuck you shot. The fuck you is jager, rumpleminz, with a 151 top. This way they will be way to hammered and you can tell them you have done your 21 shots.

you could take 21 over the day, such as taking 7 from midnight to 2 in the morn, going to sleep, waking up at 10 am, take 2 per hour(which will slowly get you drunker and drunker) Since your body takes about an hour to filter out 1 shot from your system it you will feel about 12 deep at 10 pm, which is a good amount of drunkness in my opinion, and thats going over 21 shots. You only have to drink 2 per hour between 10 and 5, so you can choose to start later in the day if you want.
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

10+ Year Old Account
    For starters can't believe you are turning to a forum about this and 2nd just start eating whatever you find just eat something and the shots will be nothing
    Also people saying "you are stupid if you do it" don't know what fun is yea you may get hurt but anything can happen any give time just enjoy your Bday ...
    Last edited by ThorSteinar; 2011-04-13 at 10:39 PM.

Rofl 21 shots that's nothing, I did around 35 in my prime time without bigger sweat.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verhoef3 View Post
    So I'm going to be a 21 year-old college student, you know what that means. I'm the first of my friends to turn 21, and they are all pushing me to do the 21 shots. To be honest, I don't really want to, but of course they would feel like a wimp if I don't try. I don't drink a lot of hard alcohol, mostly just beer. They are throwing me a party at their house and buying all the alcohol.

My problem is I want to be able to remember my birthday, so I will start the shots as soon as possible. I thinking I can knock out like 8 the night before my party and finish the rest over the course of the next day, maybe like 1-2 an hour. I want to be sober enough so that I can function normally at my party, but drunk enough so that I have a great time. I will probably need to get some lower proof stuff, but obviously I can't get anything super "girly" for fear of being made fun of for drinking it.

Any suggestions on how I should go about the shots or what to drink?

I know this is a stupid, please don't flame me and say that I am retarded for attempting this.

EDIT: I'm about 6'0 and 170 pounds, if that gives you an idea of how I can hold my alcohol.
    I'd recommend doing a power-hour. Basically a shot of beer every minute for an hour, except dont go the full hour...only go as far as you feel you can go. Guarantee you'll have a good time doing this with a group & you'll get super smashed with out passing out. You can decide before hand how big each shot is too.

If you do something like this I'll say it again, only go as far as you feel you can go. Dont let your friends convince you to do a full hour when you know you cant. You may feel like a bitch when your friends make jokes at you for not going all the way, but it's a better feeling than a hang-over & alcohol poisoning the next day.