10+ Year Old Account

shNameplates Help

Hey everyone. This message is for the people who are using the Name plates addon : shNamePlates only. First of all , I've been using this addon for like 3 months and I love it. The problem is that I don't know how to change settings. Unlike most of the addons , this one is not listed my Interface/Addons in-game. Also , I searched on the internet for hours and neverd found a command to open the settings. I even asked on the website where the addon is hosted ( Wowinterface ). So please , if you know how to open the menu or the settings , tell me. A lot of addons have easy commands ( ex: /grid ) to open their menu bit this one does not. I tried all possibilities and never figured out how to configure the addon. Also , I know we can change the settings because a lot of people talk about on forums. They're always talking about config.lua and things like that.

Anyway , if you can help me , it would be more than appreciated. Thanks for your time !

it should be this http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ameplates.html

simple, there is no in-game config. you need to mess into the .lua files of the addon for change the thing in the screen (there is a config.lua anyway, you just need to put your hands on this).

if you need to edit the file, get notepad++.

hope it helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    it should be this http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ameplates.html

simple, there is no in-game config. you need to mess into the .lua files of the addon for change the thing in the screen (there is a config.lua anyway, you just need to put your hands on this).

if you need to edit the file, get notepad++.

hope it helps
    That's the answer I needed ! Thanks a lot

Hey I am very sorry it took me so long to respond on here and on wowinterface. I am actually the author of the addon and I have a theme with all my addons to not have bloated in game configs. So I create separate config files with as many detailed comments as possible. I hope this helps and please forgive my delay in responding. Thanks again for using my addon!