1. #11641
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,807
    How is he all hype and no skill? You don't score 50 goals and 109 points by being all hype. Malkin is an extremely good player and definitely deserves the Hart. Had the Kings finished 3-4 spots higher, I think Quick would be more in the conversation. Besides, who else deserves it? Stampkos? You mean +7 Stampkos? Toews missed too much time to be considered and I honestly can't think of anyone who even gives Malkin a run for it. With almost all of the Penguins big players in and out of the lineup, one thing stayed steady - Malkin and Malkin scoring.

  2. #11642
    Thank god for wifi at a restaurant so I can follow the B's Caps game

  3. #11643
    Knew Seguin was going to come through big eventually.




    Wow some jack ass just licked the window behind the post game interview lol wtf is that supposed to accomplish?

  4. #11644
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,667
    Dammit, Backstrom!

    Awful, AWFUL pass. That was a stupid loss.
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

  5. #11645
    Damnit Caps. Can't believe I gotta root for LA tonight, I hate them so much lol.

  6. #11646
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Your Crosby bashing increases once your terrible team gets knocked out? That's neat.
    my terrible team has made it to the playoffs for 21 years straight.
    my terrible team has had 1 top 10 pick in the past 20 years.
    my terrible team has 6 cup appearances and 4 stanley cups in those 21 years.
    my terrible team has not been within a hair of bankruptcy twice in the modern era.
    my terrible team actually played good hockey all 5 games and just happened to run into a very good defensive team that capitalized on a few oppurtunities, and had some luck (such as the goal bouncing off Stuarts skate).
    my terrible team did not get eliminated as a 4 seed by a 5 seed.
    my terrible team does not have a seriously overhyped star who gets more media attention then the rest of the league combined.

    that last one. is why i don't like Crosby, combined with his crying, his diving, and his lack of class.
    Crosby gets more media attention than anyone, and yet hes already out of the playoffs? who they gonna promote now?

  7. #11647
    Pit Lord Aeriedk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Frozen Throne
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    How is he all hype and no skill? You don't score 50 goals and 109 points by being all hype. Malkin is an extremely good player and definitely deserves the Hart. Had the Kings finished 3-4 spots higher, I think Quick would be more in the conversation. Besides, who else deserves it? Stamkos? You mean +7 Stamkos? Toews missed too much time to be considered and I honestly can't think of anyone who even gives Malkin a run for it. With almost all of the Penguins big players in and out of the lineup, one thing stayed steady - Malkin and Malkin scoring.
    I corrected your spelling. And what I mean is the Penguins would have been in the same spot without him. A lot of hype does surround him but if it wasn't him another penguin would have filled the spot and I GUARANTEE that. Besides being fed the puck and taking as many shots as you can and anyone can be a 50 goal scorer. Sure I'm bias. I HATE the penguins club, torts said it right a few weeks ago, most arrogant organization in the league, even their fans carry the same attitude (Delt with them last year in Tampa). So say what you want but if the award is truly based on being the most valuable player to your time then Malkin won't win because the pens would have been in the same spot and it would be -insert name here- that everyone would be yapping about. So whatever yea I'm raging I don't like Crosby, I don't like Malkin, and I don't like the penguins. I'm sick of the hype.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 07:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    that last one. is why i don't like Crosby, combined with his crying, his diving, and his lack of class.
    Crosby gets more media attention than anyone, and yet hes already out of the playoffs? who they gonna promote now?
    My hero! They need to promote a variety of players that have true skill. Quick, Stamkos, Giroux, Rinne, Schneider. I could go on forever of a list of extremely skilled players that don't let it get to their head and don't run and get the refs coffee during the commercial break.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-HxC Raider in Schadenfreude-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

  8. #11648
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,807
    How can you say that though? Just because you think someone else would have stepped up doesn't mean it actually would have happened. Sure, I'll agree someone would have played a bigger role but I highly doubt of anyone of them would have scored as much as Malkin did. I know it's hard to admit that a team you hate so much deserves anything but you have to give credit where credit is due. I'm not a Penguins fan either but from a completely unbias stand point, Malkin is this years MVP. Who do you honestly think will win over him? Do you REALLY think Stamkos deserves it over him? Tampa Bay didn't even make the playoffs, they weren't even close. Take out 50 goals and 59 assists and I don't think Pittsburgh is the fourth placed team. You're clearly blinded by hatred but you can't sit here and squawk about how Evgeni Malkin doesn't deserve the Hart because he does.

    PS, While I don't disagree about the arrogance of the organization, it's tough to side with someone who thinks Chris Neal's hit was the exact same hit as Raffi Torres'.

    PPS, I assumed you think Stamkos deserves it, if not sorry for the assumption.

  9. #11649
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    My hero! They need to promote a variety of players that have true skill. Quick, Stamkos, Giroux, Rinne, Schneider. I could go on forever of a list of extremely skilled players that don't let it get to their head and don't run and get the refs coffee during the commercial break.
    I'm a Flyers fan. I hate Crosby and resent the Pens in general, but you can't deny that he has a ton of skill. The very important difference between him and other, more respected (and truly great) players is a huge portion of their game didn't consist of constantly taking dives and starting bullshit fights they didn't finish. A great example to illustrate my point is Mario Lemieux. Flyers fans didn't like him, and he also tended to whine to the refs, but there was still respect because in addition to his otherworldly skill he conducted himself well as a human being.

    That is what Crosby is missing, more than anything. He is a sniveling child, but I wouldn't say he doesn't have a ton of ability.

    “All statements within these quotation marks are untrue.”

  10. #11650
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    my terrible team has made it to the playoffs for 21 years straight.
    my terrible team has had 1 top 10 pick in the past 20 years.
    my terrible team has 6 cup appearances and 4 stanley cups in those 21 years.
    my terrible team has not been within a hair of bankruptcy twice in the modern era.
    my terrible team actually played good hockey all 5 games and just happened to run into a very good defensive team that capitalized on a few oppurtunities, and had some luck (such as the goal bouncing off Stuarts skate).
    my terrible team did not get eliminated as a 4 seed by a 5 seed.
    my terrible team does not have a seriously overhyped star who gets more media attention then the rest of the league combined.

    that last one. is why i don't like Crosby, combined with his crying, his diving, and his lack of class.
    Crosby gets more media attention than anyone, and yet hes already out of the playoffs? who they gonna promote now?

    You are awesome!

    With that said I really wanted to cheer for the Pens because Sully was on there, and as much as I dislike the Flyers I just couldn't do it. Was so happy to see them go down in flames, and take their diva's with them. All the news sites are crying right now, which makes it even more sweeter.

  11. #11651
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Ok I will contribute to the thread like everyone else has for 500 pages.. Crosby is a crybaby! har har har.

    You kids talk about him more than NHL.com
    i'm a kid, yet you're calling names.

    time to look in the mirror my friend.

    also i cant stand crosby, but i hardly talk about him in this thread. so lets try not to post judgment now. k?

    now, suck up your loss, wait till next year, and hope they play better playoff hockey, if they make it.

    christ people need to grow some backbone. try having a team choke in every playoff for the past 15 years......

  12. #11652
    I'm not even a Pens fan, just shut up about one player because you don't like him. That too much to ask?

  13. #11653
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    I'm not even a Pens fan, just shut up about one player because you don't like him. That too much to ask?
    As long as Crosby conducts himself without an ounce of class while the media praises him as if he is the second coming of Gretzky... then yes, it is too much to ask.

    “All statements within these quotation marks are untrue.”

  14. #11654
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    I'm not even a Pens fan, just shut up about one player because you don't like him. That too much to ask?
    when the media stops acting like hes god. sure.

  15. #11655
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    I'm not even a Pens fan, just shut up about one player because you don't like him. That too much to ask?
    You can easily stop reading this thread. It's not as if the Crosby hate is unwarranted, he dives, he cries and he's shoved down our throats. Sure he's a great player, but not well respected.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  16. #11656
    now he's telling people to shut up. this guy is a real winner.

    also, big timmy and marcelos said exactly what i was thinking.

  17. #11657
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,339
    Just ignore it and move on guys. I already sent a warning.

  18. #11658
    Well, all it takes is for LA to score 1 goal and Vancouver is done. I should be asleep by now, but I want to see what happens on the score sheet here.

  19. #11659
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    975
    come ooooon kings, upsets are beautiful things.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

    "They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

  20. #11660
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,807
    Such an intense game. I'm very impressed with the Canucks, no diving no cheap shots not much whining to the refs like they normally do. Schneider basically solidifying his future in Vancouver imo. I was skeptical at first, huge risk/reward and it's looking like the Canuck's are getting the huge reward return. Although in this game there hasn't been many solid scoring chances, he's stood his ground. Right now, I'm a strong believer in them. They're going to score in OT here (Kesler) and win game 6 in L.A. Then storm back to Vancouver and move onto the second round. This is all coming from a Calgary Flames fan, I despise the Canucks but the way they're playing and the fact that (likely temporarily) they aren't diving or doing any of that stuff is a reason why I can get behind them. I'm not going to blatantly cheer for them by any means, but I hate them a whole lot less now and woulden't even be mad if they pulled the 0-3 comeback. Can't wait for this OT!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •