1. #1

    2013-14 NHL Season Thread.

    Hello everbody!

    As you all may know the Playoffs are starting tonight and as usual bets are being placed everywhere! My question to you now is who do you think is going to win the cup this year? Who would you like to see win the cup this year?

    I personally think that the Boston Bruins have the cup this year because they had an overall strong season. I'd like to see Vancouver or Montreal win the cup and bring the trophy back home to Canada but Montreal is going to be eliminated first round and even though Vancouver finished first overall I think they're going to choke this year.

    Please discuss your opinions/thoughts on the Playoffs this year!

    Changed thread title
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-09-13 at 09:23 PM. Reason: CANADA.. Not Canda.. =/

  2. #2
    Montreal, Price takes that team on his back. To be honest though, I don't really care as long as the Pens/Wings aren't anywhere near the finals.

  3. #3
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,320
    I like Montreal, the fans are great. I'll be cheering for them tonight.

    Who will win overall? It's hard to say without seeing any post season action. Boston looks good, Tampa looks good.

    As long as the Rangers lose in the first round I'll be happy.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,818
    Washington if they're finally ready could easily win the cup.
    Detroit is always a contender.
    Boston could win if Thomas has an amazing playoff.
    Chicago if they stay healthy.
    Vancouver if everyone stays consistent.
    Philly could make a run.
    Really good playoffs this year, really hard to pick a winner, but as a Wings fan, gonna pick them. On the back of the Mule!

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  5. #5
    Could be Montreal.

    Looking like Vancity to tell you the truth. Only time will tell.

    I gotta say though... I don't give a FUCK who wins this SHIT, I just want to see some great fuckin hockey.





    Sorry for the cussing.. I am passionate about the stick puck.

  6. #6
    Habs fan here. But we probably won't get through the second round.

    I think Philly has a good shot in the east if Bobrovsky is up to it. I can't remember a team with as much depths in forwards AND defencemen.

    In the west, might be San Jose's year now that they got rid of Nabokov. Although Vancouver is quite strong.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I like Montreal, the fans are great. I'll be cheering for them tonight.

    Who will win overall? It's hard to say without seeing any post season action. Boston looks good, Tampa looks good.

    As long as the Rangers lose in the first round I'll be happy.
    I Am 100% WITH YOU ON THAT LAST LINE. When it became clear the Rangers were in the playoffs I was sick. I hope they get knocked on their ass and don't even see game 5 of round 1.

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Aeriedk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Frozen Throne
    Posts
    2,355
    Tampa Bay Lightning, because when they really start to play they can beat anyone and make some amazing comebacks.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-HxC Raider & A new avid PC builder-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    Tampa Bay Lightning, because when they really start to play they can beat anyone and make some amazing comebacks.
    until they meet Detroit. Redwings looking for revenge baby. its been 2 years since they won a cup, and in todays age that means there due up.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Xevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Videcaa View Post
    I personally think that the Boston Bruins have the cup this year because they had an overall strong season. I'd like to see Vancouver or Montreal win the cup and bring the trophy back home to Canada but Montreal is going to be eliminated first round and even though Vancouver finished first overall I think they're going to choke this year.

    Vancouver because I dont think they'll choke this year.
    I remember it all too well

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,662
    Round 1:

    Washington vs New York (6 games)
    Philadelphia vs Buffalo (5 games)
    Boston vs Montreal (7 games)
    Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay (5 games)

    Vancouver vs Chicago (4 games)
    San Jose vs Los Angeles (4 games)
    Detroit vs Phoenix (5 games)
    Aneheim vs Nashville (7 games)


    Round 2:

    Washington vs Buffalo (6 games)
    Tampa Bay vs Montreal (6 games)

    Vancouver vs Aneheim (7 games)
    San Jose vs Detroit (5 games)

    Round 3:

    Washington vs Montreal (7 games)

    Vancouver vs San Jose (7 games)

    FINAL:

    Washington Capitals vs Vancouver Canucks.


    That's my prediction. As for who wins, I don't care because both the caps and 'nucks are my two fallback teams when Montreal gets taken out. xD
    Statism: Total bliss is just one more regulation away.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,818
    Really, San Jose > Detroit in 5!!??
    I'm sure we'd lose the series, but not in 5 >.<

    Boston vs San Jose in the finals.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Round 1:

    Washington vs New York (6 games)
    Philadelphia vs Buffalo (5 games)
    Boston vs Montreal (7 games)
    Pittsburgh vs Tampa Bay (5 games)

    Vancouver vs Chicago (4 games)
    San Jose vs Los Angeles (4 games)
    Detroit vs Phoenix (5 games)
    Aneheim vs Nashville (7 games)



    Round 2:

    Washington vs Buffalo (6 games)
    Tampa Bay vs Montreal (6 games)

    Vancouver vs Aneheim (7 games)
    San Jose vs Detroit (5 games)

    Round 3:

    Washington vs Montreal (7 games)

    Vancouver vs San Jose (7 games)

    FINAL:

    Washington Capitals vs Vancouver Canucks.


    That's my prediction. As for who wins, I don't care because both the caps and 'nucks are my two fallback teams when Montreal gets taken out. xD
    No way In HELL Detroit is going down in 5 games. not a chance.

  14. #14
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,320
    Just started watching TB and Pitt. Big hit on Stamkos to start the series!!

    <3 Playoffs

  15. #15
    High Overlord Buttered Toast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mines of Moria
    Posts
    177
    Wish they were on ESPN or something. I don't have Canadian sports channels haha.

  16. #16
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttered Toast View Post
    Wish they were on ESPN or something. I don't have Canadian sports channels haha.
    NHL Centre Ice my friend. Tim Curry would approve :P

  17. #17
    vancouver will win easy..

  18. #18
    Eh, Montreal is a bit too streaky for my taste. They have problems producing goals at time, and you just can't do that during the playoffs. I'm gonna say Boston in the East, if Thomas has it in him, if not, Washington. In the West, I think the Canucks finally have the team to do it, so I'm gonna give it too em. Either way, looking to be a damn good playoff season.

  19. #19
    High Overlord Buttered Toast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mines of Moria
    Posts
    177
    This sunday you'll be able to watch every NBA playoff game, I hate being shafted as a hockey fan haha, I don't have spare cash to throw down for a hockey package. /wrist

  20. #20
    As a (completely depressed) Toronto Maple Leafs fan, I cannot ever cheer for the Canadiens, and I don't really care for the Canucks. I will be cheering for upsets everywhere... except the Habs' series.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •