1. #10921
    Stood in the Fire Knails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    LOL at the LA Kings for their wonderful tweet "too everyone in canada, outside of bc ... your welcome. lol made my day.
    Haha, best tweet ever!

  2. #10922
    High Overlord Kcrafty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    173
    I would have to agree with conscript. I don't hate Nashville, if they end up beating the wings, then i hope they take the cup. They are a great story, and have some great players.

  3. #10923
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Should be out for the rest of the series in my opinion.
    The way that Shanny has discussed discipline in the playoffs is that each series is essentially a 7 game season so a 1 game suspension in the playoffs is roughly equivalent to a 10 game regular season. Last few years has seemed like it would be roughly 2-3 regular season games per playoff game in a suspension. 7 games is way too long for a non-injury play. If he caused a major injury, sure the 7 games. He would have to cause a real, real severe injury to be out the rest of the playoffs. Like career threatening injury. Then again, even a basic concussion can be career threatening so how do you judge something like that. It should have been a game, but anything more than one or two would have been really excessive for a non-injury play.

  4. #10924
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    You don't suspend someone for the rest of a series for not hurting someone. Intent isn't that serious and that's a fine line in a physical game.
    than you wont mind tomorrow when Detroit spends all game long INTENTIONALLY putting Sheas head to the boards, so long as he doesnt get injured huh? i doubt it.

  5. #10925
    Brewmaster Masqerader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    than you wont mind tomorrow when Detroit spends all game long INTENTIONALLY putting Sheas head to the boards, so long as he doesnt get injured huh? i doubt it.
    they could do that, or try to win the game? i forget who did it last year... a vancouver player it did it to Boland and nothing happened... they just used it as motivation to come back and almost win the series

  6. #10926
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    than you wont mind tomorrow when Detroit spends all game long INTENTIONALLY putting Sheas head to the boards, so long as he doesnt get injured huh? i doubt it.
    I don't mind, because it won't happen. The Red Wings don't have it in them. They are soft.

  7. #10927
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    I don't mind, because it won't happen. The Red Wings don't have it in them. They are soft.
    soft has seen more stanley cup appearances than Nashville has since the lockout.
    Good Luck, you guys just awoke a very mad and angry red wings team. im going to expect a big game out of them tomorrow.

  8. #10928
    Bloodsail Admiral Garbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,006
    BOOM! http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...id=DL|NHL|home

    Can't wait for this series to get started

  9. #10929
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    I don't mind, because it won't happen. The Red Wings don't have it in them. They are soft.
    You say soft, we say not idiots who would have our best player risk getting suspended in the playoffs by trying to make an illegal hit.

    And yes the Wings are soft in the sense that they don't need to go out there and try and beat the other team bloody to win. Somehow that strategy has gotten the Wings into the playoffs for 21 straight years and won four Cups. Maybe the rest of the NHL should play more like the Red Wings and less like aggressive morons that end up losing to the skill teams in the end (with the exception of Boston an aggressive douche bag team than has managed to combine that with skill). The Bruins are the only Cup winner in decades that wasn't a skill first, physicality second team. So apparently soft wins in the end.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 03:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    BOOM! http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?...id=DL|NHL|home

    Can't wait for this series to get started
    Theoretical situation: If Mike Smith hits Towes in the head in a scrum in front of the net resulting in a concussion relapse for Towes, does the NHL suspend him? The Yotes aren't going anywhere without Towes which means millions out of the NHL's pockets from a potential second round series. Do they risk all that by suspending a suspendable offense, or do they take their Weber precedent and stretch it even farther by not suspending him?
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-12 at 07:38 PM.

  10. #10930
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    I don't mind, because it won't happen. The Red Wings don't have it in them. They are soft.
    No, we're just not that stupid.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  11. #10931
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    No, we're just not that stupid.
    I guess smart gets you a game 1 loss and your face in the glass.

  12. #10932
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You say soft, we say not idiots who would have our best player risk getting suspended in the playoffs by trying to make an illegal hit.

    And yes the Wings are soft in the sense that they don't need to go out there and try and beat the other team bloody to win. Somehow that strategy has gotten the Wings into the playoffs for 21 straight years and won four Cups. Maybe the rest of the NHL should play more like the Red Wings and less like aggressive morons that end up losing to the skill teams in the end (with the exception of Boston an aggressive douche bag team than has managed to combine that with skill). The Bruins are the only Cup winner in decades that wasn't a skill first, physicality second team. So apparently soft wins in the end.
    exactly, id rather see SKILLED HOCKEY Than goons. any day of the week.
    oh, and its TOEWS (Said TAVES though) not TOWES

  13. #10933
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    I guess smart gets you a game 1 loss and your face in the glass.
    It gets us 4 cups and 21 straight playoff appearances. I think that's a bit more impressive than one playoff win, that was due a goalie playing on his head and 2 lucky bounces.

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  14. #10934
    The Wings have a Yankee type of fan base. The hate for that fan base isn't that they are douches it's the fact that they brag about the rings they have. Not many franchise can compare to that. They are known for winning and putting a strong team into the playoffs. Plus it's seem that fan base is everywhere. In Anaheim we usually have the Wings and all the Canadian teams own our building.

  15. #10935
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    I guess smart gets you a game 1 loss and your face in the glass.
    smart? the Preds got 2 lucky bounces (one off a skate) and won that game on that alone.
    the wings won the faceoff dot.
    the wings won the shots count.
    the wings capitalized on the power play.
    the wings shut down the nashville power play.
    the wings were down after 1. they did not play goon it up hockey. they did not start fights.
    the wings kept there noses to the grindstone. and lost by 1 goal in a game where they got zero luck on bounces and nashville got lucky in that department.

    good luck in game 2. you are going to need it if you got outworked in game 1, @ Home, and managed to come up with a win.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 04:02 PM ----------

    by the way Khalador i will leave this here for you. this quote: According to Craig Custance (ESPN) : :Zetterberg said his helmet was cracked by Weber hit."
    but hey...the hit wasn't that bad according to you.
    it just cracked his helmet is all.

  16. #10936
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    smart? the Preds got 2 lucky bounces (one off a skate) and won that game on that alone.
    the wings won the faceoff dot.
    the wings won the shots count.
    the wings capitalized on the power play.
    the wings shut down the nashville power play.
    the wings were down after 1. they did not play goon it up hockey. they did not start fights.
    the wings kept there noses to the grindstone. and lost by 1 goal in a game where they got zero luck on bounces and nashville got lucky in that department.

    good luck in game 2. you are going to need it if you got outworked in game 1, @ Home, and managed to come up with a win.
    Luck didn't get us the #4 seed over of the #5 Red Wings. We play strong and consistent and will win this series. I don't care about the legacy of the Red Wings, I care about the here and now. 21 straight playoff appearances mean nothing to me. Here. Now.

  17. #10937
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    Luck didn't get us the #4 seed over of the #5 Red Wings. We play strong and consistent and will win this series. I don't care about the legacy of the Red Wings, I care about the here and now. 21 straight playoff appearances mean nothing to me. Here. Now.
    ok well in the here and now Nashville got outworked in game 1. oh and let me reiterate this point for you.

    According to Craig Custance (ESPN) : :Zetterberg said his helmet was cracked by Weber hit."
    but hey...the hit wasn't that bad according to you.
    it just cracked his helmet is all.

  18. #10938
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    ok well in the here and now Nashville got outworked in game 1. oh and let me reiterate this point for you.

    According to Craig Custance (ESPN) : :Zetterberg said his helmet was cracked by Weber hit."
    but hey...the hit wasn't that bad according to you.
    it just cracked his helmet is all.
    Sorry, but Zetterberg is full of shit. It didn't crack anything. I'll believe it when they release pictures of the helmet or the knot that would be left in his head. I don't believe in lucky shots, you put yourself in the position to the puck in scoring positions. Unless a Red Wings player knocks it in, it isn't luck. Cry moar about out working a team and losing a game. I guess the Preds will be fresher come Friday night since we "didn't work as hard". GL on the road, you'll need it.

  19. #10939
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    Sorry, but Zetterberg is full of shit. It didn't crack anything. I'll believe it when they release pictures of the helmet or the knot that would be left in his head. I don't believe in lucky shots, you put yourself in the position to the puck in scoring positions. Unless a Red Wings player knocks it in, it isn't luck. Cry moar about out working a team and losing a game. I guess the Preds will be fresher come Friday night since we "didn't work as hard". GL on the road, you'll need it.
    so by your own admission the first goal was luck.
    by the way, Zetterberg is one of the classiest players and most respected players in the league, i'd take him at his word, even if i wasnt a wings fan.
    but hey, you are just a blind and ignorant homer.

    And fuzzzie, if i get infracted for that idc, the truth is the truth. this guy ignores whats blatently obvious. even other predators fans say he should be suspended.

  20. #10940
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,807
    League is just scared they're going to screw Nashville over by suspending Weber, which imo is complete shit. Consistent discipline and the NHL have been such a joke for the last how many years? The players keep doing retarded shit like that because they know they can get away with it now. Should have suspended Duncan Keith for 20 games for what he did, should have suspended Weber for the rest of the playoffs. It's unacceptable and if Zetterberg actually did get injured, it would only have been a 2 game suspension because Shanny is too afraid to cripple a team like that.

    As for the guy with the Kesler avatar, I can barely handle listening to Jim Houston after that game. He is more than a homer, he's more ridiculous than the guys you hear on the radio. I'll be looking for an American feed of the rest of the series if I can and that's saying a lot. I get that he's a good announcer and I agree with that but there comes a point where you have to draw the line. For example, he calls Kesler interfering with Quick on the first goal "good strategy" or whatever he said. After they scored him yelling HERE COMES QUICK COMPLAINING BUT THE REFS SAY NO. Come on now, isn't there some sort of CBC-Canuck's channel this asshole can be on? I would way rather hear Bob Cole call a game than Jim call a Canuck game.

    For the record, I didn't mind him when he was calling the Leaf games, wasn't even in the same atmosphere as bias when he calls the Canucks.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-04-12 at 08:28 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •