Question Want to get fit and build muscle!

Howdy! First time posting in this forum haha.

So I'm a 19 year old, 6'1" and 165 pounds. I'm not fat, but not skinny. I have muscle, but it's not very toned. I have very healthy eating habits (only drink tea, water, and the occasional beer) and eat primarily vegetables and pork/chicken, though I do eat more fast food than I should hehe.

My question is this: I'm from a very germanic family. My dad is built, by grandfather is built, and so on. I always admire the fantasy warrior archetype (norse gods, barbarian in D3, Aragorn, the Mountain), and I recently realized that I should use that sort of admiration to get me to be a more physically fit individual. Endurance and agility are no problem for me- I hike regularly without breaking much of a sweat, I've hiked top tier hiking trails such as the Mount Mitchell (tallest mountain east of the Mississippi). The only thing I'm truly lacking in is physical strength.

I go back to college in a month and a half, and it has a full training facility open to everyone, and as a music major I have very little free time. But I'm wondering from the more experienced body builders what exercises I can do 2-4 times a week that can really help me build muscle effectively. I really want to get in shape so I'm not hating my body by the time I hit 40, and I'd really love it if I could get some guidance on to how to really improve my strength.

Thanks!
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

Deadlifts, Bench and Squats. Those are the 3 compound exercises that pretty much put every muscle in ur body to work. If u want a 2 day exercise i recommend a full body routine, if u can go 4 times u recommend a 2 way split UB / LB or Back / Front. I personally keep out the squats.

2 way split example:
    http://www.workoutbox.com/workouts/m...lding-workout/
    (take out the back extensions and put in the deadlift)

As for getting bigger, broader, bigger arms, etc: Eat more. Ur body turns fat into muscle when exercising. No fat is no muscle gain. Otherwise all ull be doing is removing the fat layer obscuring the muscletone. Which is also good if that is ur goal. Use lower repetitions per set, increase weight. So its better to do 100kg x5 than it is to do 60kg x20 if u want to pack on muscle.
    Stay within 3-8 reps.
    Last edited by Shiift; Yesterday at 11:31 PM.

Thanks a lot, man!
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”