1. #3621
    Sigh...every dog has their day i guess. Flukey goal yet again

  2. #3622
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    wtf wuz dat?
    The Bruins' skill
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  3. #3623
    Clearly the only team that can beat us is ....the vancouver canucks....lame

  4. #3624
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,380
    See what happens when you hope for a Game 5? gg guys

  5. #3625
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    "Secret to scoring a Powerplay goal" by the Boston Bruins
    Have Kesler make a bad defensive positioning play for the first time in forever and then bounce the puck in off him

  6. #3626
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    The Bruins' skill
    I turned this game on, saw like 10 sucker punches by Boston players, several interference calls, and a hook. I turned it off afterwards.

    Getting really tired of the league intentionally drawing out series' because they're broke.
    Node 304 | i7 3770 | H77N WIFI | 2x4GiB HyperX 1600 | 2x512GB MX100 | 7870 2GiB | U2711 | 6GV2 | Naga Hex Wrath | Yamaha RX-V550 | Win7 Enterprise
    15" Retina MBP | i7 4960HQ | 16GiB 1600 | 512GB PCIe SSD | IRIS Pro + GT750M | Orochi | OSX 10.9.4

  7. #3627
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I turned this game on, saw like 10 sucker punches by Boston players, several interference calls, and a hook. I turned it off afterwards.

    Getting really tired of the league intentionally drawing out series' because they're broke.
    Did you happen to miss the reason they are being extra scrappy today? Also the league isn't drawing anything out. This was the most profitable year for the NHL ever and that is with owning a money bleeding franchise.

  8. #3628
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    "Secret to scoring a Powerplay goal" by the Boston Bruins
    Have Kesler make a bad defensive positioning play for the first time in forever and then bounce the puck in off him
    Except the puck went 5 hole on Luongo.

  9. #3629
    Bloodsail Admiral Sykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    The hit itself didn't look that terrible....obviously you dont want him to be hurt, but, keep your damn head up wow.
    Yeah, I don't think that was as bad as most people are making it out to be. It was a shoulder hit, clean from what I could tell, and the only problem was that Horton didn't have his head up or any situational awareness to think of and ended up actually turning in to it. I don't like seeing any player get hurt, but there've been a lot worse hits that didn't warrant a penalty at all this series, and the only reason this did is because he does seem a little injured.

  10. #3630
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I turned this game on, saw like 10 sucker punches by Boston players, several interference calls, and a hook. I turned it off afterwards.

    Getting really tired of the league intentionally drawing out series' because they're broke.
    I just can't buy into the conspiracy theories, as much as I disagree with the major penalty call.

    Damn that sedin power play looks so dangerous. the bruins are going to need more goals to win this one.

  11. #3631
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Yeah, I don't think that was as bad as most people are making it out to be. It was a shoulder hit, clean from what I could tell, and the only problem was that Horton didn't have his head up or any situational awareness to think of and ended up actually turning in to it. I don't like seeing any player get hurt, but there've been a lot worse hits that didn't warrant a penalty at all this series, and the only reason this did is because he does seem a little injured.
    Well it deserved a clear 2 minutes at minimum for the blatant interference. His injury definitely helped to mark it up to 5 and a game though. I'm alright with it being a 5 though because it was clearly an unnecessary hit to a defenseless player. You can't always be expecting a player to step up on your for no reason. There are two comparable plays so far in the playoffs. The Torres hit in the Chicago series and a hit by Tootoo in the Nashville/Anaheim series. The Torres hit was delivered to an unsuspecting player who should have been expecting as he was in a high contact area behind the net. The Tootoo hit was on a defenseless player in the middle of the ice who had no reason to think a player is coming to hit him. The Tootoo hit was far less severe looking than Rome's hit. The moral of the story is that Rome had no reason at all to step up on Horton like that as he clearly could see the puck had been moved and Horton wasn't looking in his direction.

  12. #3632
    I just can't disagree with an otter. well put

  13. #3633
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    How did the refs miss that slash lol. The Vancouver player is standing there with his hands in the air after having his stick smashed.

  14. #3634
    Oh god.. It's Chicago all over again.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

  15. #3635
    Bloodsail Admiral Sykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,227
    Who's that who said the goalies were going to have a terrible Game 3? Come up to collect half your prize!

  16. #3636
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I turned this game on, saw like 10 sucker punches by Boston players, several interference calls, and a hook. I turned it off afterwards.

    Getting really tired of the league intentionally drawing out series' because they're broke.
    You really do whine like a butt hurt Habs fan whose team should have been eliminated in 4 games by a much better team. Boston is doing what they always do, play physically. If your team has no toughness, you won't win games. This is Vancouver after all, they have a great defence and their positioning in their own zone is excellent. Vancouver is being overwhelmed though because they are double shifting their defence since Rome is out of the game. Welcome to playing real hockey, something the Habs can't do because their organization is full of pansies who are small and can't hit a stanchion let alone other players, they can't fight or hit effectively and will never progress in the post season until the management gets that into their heads. Small players don't win you a Cup in this league, this isn't the 1930's-1980's NHL.

    Oh and if you want to talk cheap shot artists, go talk to Aaron Rome, I hope he gets suspended for the rest of the playoffs for that dirty hit on Horton.

  17. #3637
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    When Boston failed to score on a FIVE minute power play, I never would have guessed they would score two goals let alone three. Great play by Marchand to use his gigantic nose as a rudder to cut up the ice like that.

  18. #3638
    The Lightbringer Asera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Did you happen to miss the reason they are being extra scrappy today?
    What, Horton getting what he deserves for being a little twat? Sure it's why the Bruins are throwing hissy fits and not getting called much, really capitalizing on Luongo having an abysmal night tonight. Still not a good reason to be throwing sucker punches at everyone.*

    *Except LaPierre, he kinda deserves to be punched. A lot.
    Node 304 | i7 3770 | H77N WIFI | 2x4GiB HyperX 1600 | 2x512GB MX100 | 7870 2GiB | U2711 | 6GV2 | Naga Hex Wrath | Yamaha RX-V550 | Win7 Enterprise
    15" Retina MBP | i7 4960HQ | 16GiB 1600 | 512GB PCIe SSD | IRIS Pro + GT750M | Orochi | OSX 10.9.4

  19. #3639
    Still winnable...those rebounds he's giving up are just too juicy

  20. #3640
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Oh god.. It's Chicago all over again.
    Told ya Boston wasn't going to lay down, and they have a great home record this post season. This series probably will go to game 7, and right now Tim Thomas is one of the reasons that Boston is winning, that plus Vancouver having only 5 D is wearing them out badly and that loss is showing quite blatantly right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •