1. #15561
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,197
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Probably bad but it won't make the accomplishment less impressive. I am totally pulling for Chicago to just never lose this season. That would be absolutely insane. You'll get your "Ya but it wasn't 82" people, but man would that be an impossibly impressive achievement. Chicago plays all over the country in different time zones, like you said they have the most back to backs in the league this year, there just is no real downside to what they have done except for the "not 82 games" asterisk.

    The Hawks streak is real close to surpassing the '72 Lakers 33 game streak for impressiveness in my book. Obviously there is more parity in the NHL now than there was in the NBA back then and with everything else the Hawks deal with I am willing to overlook the OTLs as black marks against it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 08:30 PM ----------



    Suck it 10:30 games!!!

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 08:32 PM ----------

    Good lord Eberle and Schultz are top 10 in AHL scoring still? They haven't played a freaking AHL game in two months!
    Suck it 10:30 Games INDEED!
    My 3 Queens

  2. #15562
    Man the Leafs are really struggling to get a win over Boston. Grabs just scored to bring the game to 3-2, but the offense has a lot of trouble generating scoring chances against that Boston D.

  3. #15563
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Man the Leafs are really struggling to get a win over Boston. Grabs just scored to bring the game to 3-2, but the offense has a lot of trouble generating scoring chances against that Boston D.
    What a shitty way for the game to end though, I flagrant as hell high stick to the face of Kessel and the refs call nothing. Sad when games are decided because the refs are too pussy to make a call late in the game.

  4. #15564
    Mechagnome Elgefar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the woods.
    Posts
    576
    Fuck me sideways. How the hell do you blow a 4-1 lead? Oh well, another Pens-Flyers game that ends with terrible goaltending and horrible defense...
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

  5. #15565
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Fuck me sideways. How the hell do you blow a 4-1 lead? Oh well, another Pens-Flyers game that ends with terrible goaltending and horrible defense...
    you expected something different?
    My 3 Queens

  6. #15566
    Herald of the Titans draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,930
    yea those two are pretty much champs at it, and when you put them together they really up the suckage

  7. #15567
    Brewmaster Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Probably bad but it won't make the accomplishment less impressive. I am totally pulling for Chicago to just never lose this season. That would be absolutely insane. You'll get your "Ya but it wasn't 82" people, but man would that be an impossibly impressive achievement. Chicago plays all over the country in different time zones, like you said they have the most back to backs in the league this year, there just is no real downside to what they have done except for the "not 82 games" asterisk.

    The Hawks streak is real close to surpassing the '72 Lakers 33 game streak for impressiveness in my book. Obviously there is more parity in the NHL now than there was in the NBA back then and with everything else the Hawks deal with I am willing to overlook the OTLs as black marks against it.[COLOR="red"]
    Yeah I agree. Also since all 3 OTLs were of the shootout variety that adds a bit to it as well. They would be undefeated through 24 games if we were still using the old school rules, 18 wins and 6 ties. Emery's record of 10-0-0 is probably the most mystifying stat of the whole ordeal.

  8. #15568
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Fuck me sideways. How the hell do you blow a 4-1 lead? Oh well, another Pens-Flyers game that ends with terrible goaltending and horrible defense...
    Two teams with shit defense and good offense, what do you expect? Neither coach can coach defense and that is why neither of those teams will win the Cup. If you can't protect a lead once you have a considerable one, you aren't going to win the game.

  9. #15569
    Mechagnome Elgefar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the woods.
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    you expected something different?
    The defense and goaltending no, but I was expecting after the first period for the Flyers to win 8-3 similar to last year's playoffs.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

  10. #15570
    Brewmaster Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,461
    Patrick Sharp will be out 3-4 weeks with a fairly severe AC joint shoulder seperation. Also the NHL has came out and said that they only recognize winning/losing/point streaks for teams in the current season. Meaning 82 games is the longest winning streak anyone could ever have in history. Even if you go 16-0 in the playoffs and 20 in a row to start to next season, your streak starts over and would be at 20 - chasing the all time record of 82 you set the previous year.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-03-08 at 03:49 PM.

  11. #15571
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Patrick Sharp will be out 3-4 weeks with a fairly severe AC joint shoulder seperation.
    Ouch, that will hurt the chances of getting past Colorado tonight w/ the streak intact.

    They played really well earlier this week. Now, on home ice...gonna be scary!

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  12. #15572
    Bloodsail Admiral Garbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Ouch, that will hurt the chances of getting past Colorado tonight w/ the streak intact.

    They played really well earlier this week. Now, on home ice...gonna be scary!
    We lost Sharp, but we have Shaw, Hossa, Frolik, and Montador all back.

  13. #15573
    Brewmaster kabookiejoez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,450
    5-1 colorado goodbye streak

  14. #15574
    Bloodsail Admiral Sykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,105
    Now it's time for Chicago to start a point-less streak to outdo this one. I'm hoping for the next 60 games, give or take one or two.
    Unfairly deleted signatures. Unfairly deleted signatures everywhere.

  15. #15575
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,197
    wow. colorado of all teams? seriously?
    My 3 Queens

  16. #15576
    Stood in the Fire Knails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    wow. colorado of all teams? seriously?
    I'd rather have it be the Avs than Detroit or the Canucks....
    Final Fantasy XIV Ultros Server: https://www.facebook.com/FFXIVARRUltros

  17. #15577
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    I'd rather have it be the Avs than Detroit or the Canucks....
    Remember when the Avs were relevant? I barely do. I can't even be bothered to care about that franchise's existence anymore when I used to be all for murdering everyone but Sakic and Forsberg (and Kariya and Selanne and that year Borque was there) who wore their sweater.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 10:48 PM ----------

    Speaking of remembering things, remember when people were all like Edmonton is going to have a great offense but their defense is probably still going to blow? I was one of those people. Turns out, their defense does blow. But so does their offense. They are now under 2 GFA and have lost the last two games by a combined score of 9-0. 6 of those goals came against Smashville.

  18. #15578
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,197
    its funny the avs are so bad now that most the fans at this game are chicago fans and the building is SILENT.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 11:10 PM ----------

    Edmonton let Nashville of all teams pile up a 6 goal win? thats pretty friggen bad.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 11:40 PM ----------

    Thank you Colorado!

    - Everyone outside of Chicago.

    now do the hawks recover or become the collapse of the century?
    My 3 Queens

  19. #15579
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,491
    This Fasth guy is something else.

  20. #15580
    Boychuk with a goal as well and he hasn't scored all season. For the first time in god knows when the damn Vets finally did what they get paid to do. I realize its Edmonton but if we had lost these two at home we could of pretty much canned the season.

    The big thing for me, goals or not, they actually played hard and fast for the first time in forever. Maybe all of these waiver pick ups made these guys think they better get on it or they may be the ones gone. I have no doubt Poile would be looking to move some Vets ( namely Legwand, Erat, and SK) if its obvious we are out by the trade deadline.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •