Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I think it's to save a year on his contract or something, so you can keep him around slightly cheaper another year when Calgary should be better.
    I don't even think that should be a concern considering how much cap space we have now + we won't have that Cammalarri monster contract and the cap will be higher too. He's looking more and more like he's going to be the cornerstone of our franchise, I know it's early but he just isn't doing much totally wrong so far.

Ya.. if you send him down before 10th game or w/e his rookie contract doesn't kick in until next season.

EDIT: It's all trickle down, Zeoni. His rookie ocntract will be up 1 year sooner than they want. He will be arbitration eligible 1 year sooner than they want. He will be UFA 1 year sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I don't even think that should be a concern considering how much cap space we have now + we won't have that Cammalarri monster contract and the cap will be higher too. He's looking more and more like he's going to be the cornerstone of our franchise, I know it's early but he just isn't doing much totally wrong so far.
    He looks like he'll be a great player, but I can see why it would make sense to wait him out 1 year, try winning McDavid on the draft or getting another great rookie and then using all that extra money to bring in a top free agent scorer and a goalie like miller and suddenly Calgary looks like a top tier team. Even with Monahan up tho year I'm not so sure Calgary is a playoff team. Need to think of the future right now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    John Spano '16!!!

30 for 30 on espn.
    You cared enough to post.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    He looks like he'll be a great player, but I can see why it would make sense to wait him out 1 year, try winning McDavid on the draft or getting another great rookie and then using all that extra money to bring in a top free agent scorer and a goalie like miller and suddenly Calgary looks like a top tier team. Even with Monahan up tho year I'm not so sure Calgary is a playoff team. Need to think of the future right now.
    Yeah even with all of that considered, I think him staying up with the big club would be better for his development then sending him back to a shitty 67s team. Unless they can find a way to trade him to a Memorial Cup contending team that is. And Calgary is not a playoff team, that's for sure. They're playing a bit above their head for now but if this was in any way sustainable, I could see us making some noise later on. We really are trying to be a bad team, I mean look at our goalies. We have Shane O'Brien and Chris Butler on defense and Juri Hudler is our best player. We're in rebuild mode, or supposed to be. Signing Miller and a top scorer woulden't be wise especially with how a bunch of our prospects are shaping up so far.

I really just don't want them to send him down, it woulden't ruin him but he's shown he can play NHL minutes, so let him play NHL minutes. I understand all the ELC stuff but I just don't see it as big of a deal when it's stuff that's going to (knock on wood) happen eventually
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-10-23 at 02:54 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've lost count as to how many 3rd period leads we've blown this year. Not a fan of dropping ROWs

Ya, that could potentially be haunting for playoff seeding down the road. Leafs once again looked like shit through the entire first period, but played great after that. About time they showed some life..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently Kessel brought a bunch of child cancer patients to the game last night. Still doesn't shake my image of him after the Scott incident.

MLSE is actually really good about that kind of thing... there's one box on the top level of the ACC that is owned by MLSE and used to bring children from Sick Kids and such to games.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I wish I could see a Leafs game for free.

Anyway, hands down Toronto has probably the most involved organization in all of pro sports when it comes to the community and charities. And the players enjoy it too. What is some time out of your day to go and bring some joy to children who look up to you and idolize you when you make millions of dollars a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Man, I wish I could see a Leafs game for free.

Anyway, hands down Toronto has probably the most involved organization in all of pro sports when it comes to the community and charities. And the players enjoy it too. What is some time out of your day to go and bring some joy to children who look up to you and idolize you when you make millions of dollars a year.
    Yeah, it's great when the players get out there. I donate and volunteer with the Garden of Dreams Foundation here in NYC, so there are players from the Knicks, Rangers, along with other athletes from the Metropolitan area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Wings down 3-0 to Ottawa in first 14m

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Red Wings down 3-0 to Ottawa in first 14m
    And again, Howard is losing me fantasy points! lol

Deleted
    First i game i watch with Detriot this year. I think Alfie made a very big mistake joining that team. Omg they are terribad.

10+ Year Old Account
    See ya later John Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    See ya later John Scott

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    First i game i watch with Detriot this year. I think Alfie made a very big mistake joining that team. Omg they are terribad.
    Detroit is pretty much a lock to make the playoffs IMO, they'll be fine. 1 bad game means close to nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    See ya later John Scott
    Injury or suspension?

It appears the Gif I posted is now 403 and 404.

John Scott blind-side headshot' Loui Eriksson. Not sure if elbow as well.

Elbow or not, this shit is out of hand... That's like 8 or 10 head shots that result in suspension now. This from a guy who says he follows a code, right? Not sure on his suspension history, but everyone else has been getting 5 lately, so I assume 5 is the starting point for this kind of hit now.... which has proven to still not be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Elbow or not, this shit is out of hand... That's like 8 or 10 head shots that result in suspension now. This from a guy who says he follows a code, right? Not sure on his suspension history, but everyone else has been getting 5 lately, so I assume 5 is the starting point for this kind of hit now.... which has proven to still not be enough.
    But he would have never really hurt Kessel!
    I don't even see the point of Buffalo having him on the team, they may as well be eliminated from playoff contention with 3 points in 11 games. Philly looks out of it too, but they will at least have the overall talent for a push with a bit of a winning streak if Giroux can pick his game up. I could understand keeping him around when you have a chance, but having him around to piss other teams off for no reason? It's not like you need him to protect Miller or Vanek if you're just going to trade them for first picks.