Yup just what I thought would happen, I enjoyed watching Kane, that guy can make a goal out of the smallest of holes. Its the reason I don't just all out hate Chicago, I can at least respect the skill of some of their players. I think thats probably going to be the story of this series, Minnesota keeping it close, but losing most of the time. They remind alot of Nashville those last couple of years Suter was with us. We were dangerous and not a bad team, just not enough umph to make up for mistakes.

As far as Trotz, I don't see him going to Toronto, although I think coaching style wise he may be what that team needs. He's mentioned several times he doesn't care much for having a spot light on him. He's also mentioned he may want to stay close by due to not really wanting to move his family. Lot of people around Nashville thought Winnipeg originally, but also Carolina or Florida. I thinking he probably has his pick of wherever he wants to go though, I think he will be the one guy most teams want first.

Trotz really only has two downsides. 1.) He will bench younger players for making the smallest mistakes, but let Vets get away with bloody murder ( the one exception to that was Jones this year). 2.) He hasn't been that great in the playoffs from a coaching stand point.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    I really dislike marchand from the Boston Bruins. Futhermore i did not like how the bruins players were talking to Subban about hitting him. Seemed classless.

They seem to have a history together anyway. Marchand and Subban get into each others hair quite often.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Physical game so far. Little dive attempt by Chara there after the Subban x check

10+ Year Old Account
    And MTL collapses.

Really wish a Canadian team had made it

bout time the pucks started going in for Boston

10+ Year Old Account
    Boston still lost home-ice but staved off disaster, will be fun to watch the games in Montreal and see what happens.

And once again, we see why Boston is probably the most dangerous team in the 3rd period. Chicago is definitely up there, too. I know there's been a trend of 3rd period leads vanishing in the playoffs, but this isn't something new for Boston. In the regular season, when trailing after the 2nd, they came back to win 30.4% of their games (almost double the league average of 16.7%), almost 5% higher than the 2nd highest team still in the playoffs. Interestingly, Montreal had the 3rd highest winning percentage when leading after 2 periods at 92.1%.

And while finding these number, I discovered Toronto only came back to win 6% of the time... 30th in the league. And I think it was mentioned in the thread a while back, but Florida lost only 1 game when leading after 2, and it was in OT or SO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that I'm stuck listening to Brian Hayward, he is the absolute worst

- - - Updated - - -

yaaaaaaaay

Matt Frattin comes through big for the Kings tonight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Matt Frattin comes through big for the Kings tonight!
    heh, it is interesting to see how the Bernier trade essentially became straight up for Gaborik

Bernier for Frattin/Scrivens/2nd rounder
    Scrivens for 3rd rounder
    Frattin/2nd/3rd for Gaborik

I am worried about the hit to our Defenseman depth, Matt Greene was in for injured Mitchell even before Regehr got hurt and Greene hasn't been the same player since he got hurt last year and it showed on Selanne's goal.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Minnesota really doesn't deserve to be playing Chicago. I am banking that they get swept out in 4 games at this rate. That is probably for the best, it would give the Hawks some rest.

I don't think Minnesota is as bad as a lot of people are assuming. They were almost a 100 point team, and they play pretty solid in their own end. Obviously Chicago is a much better team (especially in goal right now), but when they got lazy in the 2nd the other night, you saw how fast they lost control of that game.

@draynay, I was actually thinking about that the other day... You guys effectively traded Bernier for Gaborik... actually a pretty damn good series of deals for everyone involved... except maybe Columbus... we'll see how that works out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    And MTL collapses.

Really wish a Canadian team had made it
    As it has been pointed out, comebacks are Boston's thing. After Thornton took himself out something seemed to wake up on Boston's bench and they did what, mathematically, they've done all season.

It's going to be a great series, Montreal is actually in a state where I still feel they're going to win the series after 5-6 games. Boston is playing well, Montreal is playing well, but Montreal has had Boston's number for awhile (this would be Boston's 2nd win out of the last 7-8 games against Montreal). The time to rule out Montreal is the next round when they face a team who they don't magically hard counter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bickell didn't miss that time, couple nice shots.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I remember another player who just becomes a completely different player in the playoffs as much as Bicks does, across any sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pens are playing a pretty genius strategy. They are keeping the Rangers on the PP lol

10+ Year Old Account
    that was pretty gruesome, give up a 4 on 2 and a puck in the net off a defenseman

it's weird watching a play where nobody backchecks for shit, I'm not used to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Lundqvist getting hung out to dry all night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the huge manatees the Wild are not looking good atm! Or is Chicago just meshing well right now? Probably a combo of both!
    You're a towel.

Chicago has been playing pretty decent, and Kane has been on fire. I think it boils down to that outside of Suter, Minnesota can't match up with the skill. Suter hasn't been that great either tbh. I think the lack of confidence in the goalie is probably killing them too.

Don't get me wrong, the Avalanche have plenty of skill too, but its young and that can make a pretty big difference.