Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Central division right now holy smokes

Deleted
    Sharks are too quiet.. Give us Niskanen!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Central division right now holy smokes
    I wonder what Winnipeg fans are thinking. At least Nashville showed they have a pulse by going to get Neal.

Oh yeah they signed Perreault... but that's pretty tame.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-07-01 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    Doug Wilson: “There will be a time and place for us to be active in the free agency market, but it’s certainly not now.” #SJSharks

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What can they even do to keep pace? No one to sign that even brings then close to the caliber of everyone else in the central besides Nashville (no offense). Ehlers and Petan are still 1-3 years away and they have no answer in net. All they can really do is hope to fall within Eichel Mcdavid range for the 2015 draft.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Stralman to TB for 20 million
    Good deal for them I think. He has a lot of experience now and has been in the playoffs a few times.

- - - Updated - - -

What can they even do to keep pace? No one to sign that even brings then close to the caliber of everyone else in the central besides Nashville (no offense). Ehlers and Petan are still 1-3 years away and they have no answer in net. All they can really do is hope to fall within Eichel Mcdavid range for the 2015 draft.
    No one wants play for San Jose because they have a history of choking. Also, JFJ is their director of scouting which is hilarious considering he was terrible at recognizing consistently good talent rather then one off season guys.

JFJ works for the Bruins. And he's also a pretty damn good scout - he was just a lousy as fuck GM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    JFJ works for the Bruins. And he's also a pretty damn good scout - he was just a lousy as fuck GM.
    He just started working for Boston recently. He was with San Jose up until a couple of months ago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That qas meant to ne about the jets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I wonder what Winnipeg fans are thinking. At least Nashville showed they have a pulse by going to get Neal.

Oh yeah they signed Perreault... but that's pretty tame.
    Chevy is pretty much still thinking he is on a tight budget. That and we have Evander Kane who isn't really meshing with the team. Honestly, we don't expect to be a powerhouse team. Just a team that can be either 7th or 8th in the West.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    winnipeg aint gonna be 7th or 8th with pavelec in net especially with the moves everyone else has made

Deleted
    Calgary signing Engelland $2.9mil per year?

What the actual...

Why did Calgary sign Engelland to a 2.9M a year, 3 year contract?

Given this deal and the Orpik deal, I hope Niskanen is asking for all the monies

Winnipeg will absolutely be 7th, Zeoni. In the Central.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand the confusion over the Engelland contact?

were in a rebuild here folks, any contract signed in the next 3 years for short term doesnt really matter. Engelland adds depth to our blue line where needed. its not out of this world expensive and only 3 years.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-07-01 at 07:41 PM.

I dont understand the confusion over the Engelland contact?

were in a rebuild here folks, any contract signed in the next 3 years for short term doesnt really matter. Engelland adds depth to our blue line where needed. its not out of this world expensive and only 3 years.
    Because he's not good? He's 32 years old and up until this point only ever made 500,000 a year? Because he's barely a 3rd pair defense on any team? I understand it's a rebuild, but my god, there is no reason Engelland should ever get that much money

Deleted
    I'm so glad you signed someone Holland.

:|

Central is going to be brutal this year, even getting Neal we are going to be battling the Jets for the bottom. Poile has done nothing today, which doesn't completely both me considering some of the price tags out there.

We need a quality Center bad, just don't see it happening. Sadly being last or almost last in the Central still might mean a playoff spot lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    Because he's not good? He's 32 years old and up until this point only ever made 500,000 a year? Because he's barely a 3rd pair defense on any team? I understand it's a rebuild, but my god, there is no reason Engelland should ever get that much money
    I agree its a gross overpayment but it honestly doesnt matter. I dont have a problem with the contract because it gets us to the cap floor at least and itll be gone once we're competative again. They said they wanted to sign people who want to play here so it's not like he'll be poison to our locker room.

Apparently Richards is headed to Chicago, not sure on numbers. Not real sure how they fit him in, but guess we will find out.

Hearing 2 mil, which would explain how.