1. #23601
    Some details to the P.K. Subban deal:

    Collective bargaining agreement be damned, the 25-year-old said he would've signed for 20 years if he could have.
    [...]
    Next season and in 2015-16, Subban will make $7 million. He'll get $11 million in 2016-17 and 2017-18, $10 million in 2018-19 and 2019-20 and $8 million in 2020-21 and 2021-22.
    Source: http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...Canadiens.html
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

  2. #23602
    Well, Montreal can enjoy not having any cap space for a couple of years. Man, I can't believe that between Price and Subban they have 13-17 million a year in cap space used up. Price has a cap hit of 6.5 and Subban going from 7 to 11 in two years. They better hope the cap goes up by 10 million in two seasons, they are gonna have a hard time signing players.

  3. #23603
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well, Montreal can enjoy not having any cap space for a couple of years. Man, I can't believe that between Price and Subban they have 13-17 million a year in cap space used up. Price has a cap hit of 6.5 and Subban going from 7 to 11 in two years. They better hope the cap goes up by 10 million in two seasons, they are gonna have a hard time signing players.
    Thats really not that bad, Rinne and Weber combined are at about 14 million and have been for a couple of years. We certainly aren't in cap hell, we just can't get people to take our money :P

    I'm guessing Doughty and Quick are in about that range as well.

  4. #23604
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,881
    Doughty is a $7 mil hit and Quick is $5.8 mil

    the sport has reached a point where I just knew their cap hits and didn't need to look them up

  5. #23605
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well, Montreal can enjoy not having any cap space for a couple of years. Man, I can't believe that between Price and Subban they have 13-17 million a year in cap space used up. Price has a cap hit of 6.5 and Subban going from 7 to 11 in two years. They better hope the cap goes up by 10 million in two seasons, they are gonna have a hard time signing players.
    his cap hit is 9 always. so they have 15.5m between 2 elite players. that's not actually too terrible tbh. You guys got 15 tied into double dion and the Phil comparatively. they have to sign gallagher and galchenyuk next season but for the most part the Canadians are pretty impressively managed. Every one else has term and cheap deals. I dont imagine plekanec will get a bigger paystub in a couple years either.

  6. #23606
    Yeah but the Kessel contract is worth every penny for a guy who in the top 10 in scoring and games played the last 5 years.

  7. #23607
    Dreadlord Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah but the Kessel contract is worth every penny for a guy who in the top 10 in scoring and games played the last 5 years.
    People take dumb penalties with Subban. So he works as an instigator. That being said, Subban also takes some dumb penalties as well. Subban also comes up with big goals or big assists when it counted last year. And where did Kessel disappear to when it counted? The contract for Price is worth it considering he is one of the best goalies in the world.

    Edit: But to be fair to both teams, at least we don't have 3 players taking up 27 million in cap space like the Pens.

    Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584
    US-Blackrock-Teamwork-Horde / Bastion-Unaffiliated Losers-Republic

  8. #23608
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    And where did Kessel disappear to when it counted?
    How often are there Maple Leafs games that count?

  9. #23609
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    2,010
    http://hockeygraphsdotcom.files.word...pg?w=615&h=481

    pretty interesting graph

    Kick em while they're down, atta boy
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-08-05 at 05:47 AM.

  10. #23610
    Mechagnome Elgefar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the woods.
    Posts
    599
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

  11. #23611
    Dreadlord Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    859
    I was unaware that Philly had a blue line. I was under the assumption they placed pylons on the ice beforehand.

    Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584
    US-Blackrock-Teamwork-Horde / Bastion-Unaffiliated Losers-Republic

  12. #23612
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I was unaware that Philly had a blue line. I was under the assumption they placed pylons on the ice beforehand.
    Give them some credit. At least the pylons are blue.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

  13. #23613
    I think they picked up Del Zotto because of this occurrence. At least they aren't paying him a lot, so dumping him wouldn't hurt them that badly. He's also still young and has time to redeem himself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    his cap hit is 9 always. so they have 15.5m between 2 elite players. that's not actually too terrible tbh. You guys got 15 tied into double dion and the Phil comparatively. they have to sign gallagher and galchenyuk next season but for the most part the Canadians are pretty impressively managed. Every one else has term and cheap deals. I dont imagine plekanec will get a bigger paystub in a couple years either.
    Yeah, I think Canadiens will be fine only because Gallagher and Galchenyuk will be RFA. Pacioretty will be cheap through his prime. Eller and Desharnais have fair salaries.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    People take dumb penalties with Subban. So he works as an instigator. That being said, Subban also takes some dumb penalties as well. Subban also comes up with big goals or big assists when it counted last year. And where did Kessel disappear to when it counted? The contract for Price is worth it considering he is one of the best goalies in the world.

    Edit: But to be fair to both teams, at least we don't have 3 players taking up 27 million in cap space like the Pens.
    Definitely agree about Price. Subban's a good player and I'd be happy to have him for 9 mil, but I think there are several defencemen that would deserve more in the open market than Subban.

    Also, when it came to the semi-finals against the Rangers, I kind of felt like Subban was trying too hard to carry the play single-handedly at times leading to some costly turnovers.

    You can say that Kessel disappeared down the stretch, but I will say he was the only player who I saw that seemed very angered about how bad they were choking. In addition to that he's making a lot of bold statements lately about how the Leafs will do well next year. Not something I would have the guts to do right now if I were on the Leafs, but hopefully it'll make him feel more accountable for the team's overall success.

    As for the Pens contract it depends how you look at it. The only real contract to ridicule there is Letang who's still a good puck mover even if he's no Suter. Malkin's contract at 9.5 isn't terrible as he's an elite player. Crosby's 8.7 is practically a bargain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    http://hockeygraphsdotcom.files.word...pg?w=615&h=481

    pretty interesting graph

    Kick em while they're down, atta boy
    I would say that's pretty good for Phaneuf, especially finishing the season with a plus. Looks awful for Gardiner though.

  14. #23614
    Since there is so little news about the NHL currently, here some article that was published on The Hockey News:

    Comparing Sidney Crosby with other legends at age 27

    Happy birthday, Sid the Kid.

    Hard to believe Sidney Crosby turned 27 Thursday. It feels like we were just watching him light it up with the Rimouski Oceanic and pop the water bottle behind Jose Theodore as an 18-year-old rookie.
    [...]
    Here’s a look at what Crosby, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe, Jaromir Jagr and Alex Ovechkin had done at the same point of their careers: the season in which they were 27 for Game 1 in October.

    (For clarity’s sake, we’ll call any goal-scoring title the Rocket Richard Trophy, including those that came before the award existed).
    Link: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/co...nds-at-age-27/
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

  15. #23615
    Ready for hockey to get rolling again. Since I became a hockey nut, the start of football season just doesn't have that same allure.

    Everyone down here is going nuts because NFL preseason started, I'm just meh, I'm waiting on hockey!

  16. #23616
    Dreadlord Nazrark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Ready for hockey to get rolling again. Since I became a hockey nut, the start of football season just doesn't have that same allure.

    Everyone down here is going nuts because NFL preseason started, I'm just meh, I'm waiting on hockey!
    We've got what, 2-3 more weeks until we start to get down to things.

    Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584
    US-Blackrock-Teamwork-Horde / Bastion-Unaffiliated Losers-Republic

  17. #23617
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Ready for hockey to get rolling again. Since I became a hockey nut, the start of football season just doesn't have that same allure.

    Everyone down here is going nuts because NFL preseason started, I'm just meh, I'm waiting on hockey!
    Same here. Both me and my GF are going crazy having to wait There will be many tired work hours this season now that she is almost as crazy about NHL as me

  18. #23618
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Same here. Both me and my GF are going crazy having to wait There will be many tired work hours this season now that she is almost as crazy about NHL as me

    GF is also anxious for the next season to start. For whatever reason, it takes me about 10 or so official games to really start getting into it, not sure why (and I pay zero attention to pre-season matches). The first bunch of games always seem rusty for a lot of teams, etc.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

  19. #23619
    Oilers sign third-overall pick Leon Draisaitl to entry-level contract
    Source: http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-contract.html

    Not a surprising nor a very big news, but since there isn't much going on in case of NHL right now, I thought I'd post it anyway.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

  20. #23620
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    2,010
    Anyone here enjoy the nhl games? 15 looks pretty awesome so far.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOsSx9NCgVE

    Also travel miles for all the teams for 2014-2015 (hover mouse above logo to see)

    http://www.thinglink.com/scene/555882469295915008
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-08-13 at 06:28 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •