It is so insane how furious the bruins are after that hit on Nathan Horton. Honestly Vancouver could of swept Boston until Rome hit Horton, now the Bruins are pissed, in the heads of the canucks, Luongo is getting flat out raped now...Rome won the Stanley Cup for the Bruins lol, poor canucks fans =(.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Bruins have to lose. If I see Kaberle life the cup I'm going to vomit.
    Get a barf bag ready my friend =)

10+ Year Old Account
    speaking of dirty hits and since everyone wants to get in on chara

15+ Year Old Account
    It is pretty clear at this point that this thread has been so sufficently derailed by nonsense that it is never going to get back on track of discussing actual hockey. Enjoy being little bitches and calling each other's teams the biggest goons, whiners, babies, cheaters, etc. for the rest of the series. Barring any major incidents and a congrats at the end I am out.

Trolls win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    Get a barf bag ready my friend =)
    Ugh.. I know.

P.S What exactly does Chara do? Just wondering....

Ugh.. I know.

sedins have 2 total points... thats what he does

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghako View Post
    sedins have 2 total points... thats what he does
    Fair enough. I just always see him dump the puck and that's it.

Also /modhat

I know it's the play-off's and everyone's excited. However, the forum rules still apply. Flaming/Trolling will not be tolerated. Radux has warned and now I'm warning. Keep it clean and fun. If you cross the line then you will be infracted and possibly banned. I would rather not do that to my fellow NHL fans, but I will uphold the forum rules. Please be respectful.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Canucks are being such fucking morons at this point. Are they just completely oblivious that they can't send a message of physicality to the Bruins? They can't play that game. That is Bostons game. That is Philly's game. Those teams are built for physical, dominating hockey. Vancouver needs to stop trying to play down to Boston's game. They need to stop hacking at Thomas. Stop getting chippy after the whistle. Stop responding to Boston's pokes and prods. Stop giving back penalties. They are far too talented to play that game. That is the game Boston is built for and they execute it perfectly. They have completely shaken Vancouver and derailed their playstyle that drove them to the best record in the league and a dominant performance in most of the playoffs. If Vancouver can't get back to playing Vancouver Hockey and not Boston Hockey they are in a world of hurt.
    The guys on CBC eluded to this sort of thing last night during the game when they were interviewing Rob Blake and Detroit's GM about the changes to Rule 45 and they mentioned the styles of hockey Boston and Vancouver both play. People need to understand that this is a prime example of physicality versus speed, North American hockey versus European hockey. The game has evolved and adapted both styles of play very well but the way you see Boston playing offensively is old time hockey style of play, while Vancouver tries to sweep in with fast and smaller forwards ala the European style. There is a reason why we don't play the North American style of hockey in IIHF games and the Olympics, because there is a higher risk for injury due to the physical nature of our game. If you actually look at the scouting reports for draft players coming out of Europe, their forwards are all pretty small at 5'8 to 5'11 on average, while most forwards in North America are 6'0 to 6'2 on average. Most European players have to bulk up and build a lot of muscle as well otherwise they would get crushed under the bigger players in the NHL.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 08:27 PM ----------

Ugh.. I know.

Keeps Bieksa and the Sedin boys down and out in this series. He may have a great shot, but he is doing what he is getting paid the big bucks for and that is be a shut down D man. People don't give Chara a lot of credit, he has taken on so much hatred since his hit on Pachiorettie (sp) earlier in the season and that is understandable, but it's silly to ignore the fact that he is a great shut down player and right now is doing exactly what he needs to and that isn't scoring goals, it's neutralizing the best players on the other team.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Thing with Luongo on a short hook is that it could turn out to work, he's been blasted the last 2 games no doubt, but ultimately you have to wonder how much of a "fuck you" night is in him for Friday night back in Vancouver? He'll be desperate to put on a strong display at home to prove the last 2 games have been "blips" and that can make a guy pretty difficult to play against.

Still a ways to go in this one yet, it's hotting up definately and for a neutral (who just happens to have a slight distaste for anything Boston!) it's turned out to be a cracking series.
    He can stop all the pucks he wants to but they won't win if the guys in front of him can't score on Thomas who has just been absolutely lights out, if anything he has been the better goalie for the most part in the series despite losing the first two games, one of which was on a terrible play that he himself made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Penguins won a year after their winter classic
    Chicago won a year after their winter classic

Is it possible that Boston could win a year after their winter classic? lets wait and see, and the only player i have some respect for out of those two teams is Seguin...
    Last edited by Garbles; 2011-06-10 at 02:56 AM.

Well at least this series is way better than last years final...
    Last edited by rcking09; 2011-06-10 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    Well at least this series is way better than last years final...
    yea? whys that?

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    yea? whys that?
    Was a year of flukes bruins/flyers/canadiens shouldn't have made it out the first round last year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    Was a year of flukes bruins/flyers/canadiens shouldn't have made it out the first round last year
    well sorry but buffalo new jersey n washington caps all sucked and still do... and you cant disrespect the habs like that...

fucking Canucks need to stop with these stupid penalties :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    fucking Canucks need to stop with these stupid penalties :-(
    eh they'll get most of them back in their own. Refs have been matching penalties for the most part. Don't be surprised if the next 2-3 are all Vancouver PP

WOOOOOOOOO

I was going to have a damned panic attack if we didn't score soon!

I'm a casual hockey fan, but man, the hype this series with the canucks has led to is insane.

I do hope they win because I don't want my house destroyed because they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    /exhales

Just 1 more. C'mon 'Nucks!

Just one more

GO CANUCKS GO
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    At least luongo played well today

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rejuviflye View Post
    At least luongo played well today
    I don't know this for a fact, but I think he might be the only goalie with two shutouts and two ass-stompings in one series, and there are still 1-2 games left.