15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Weren't you like, all up Montreal's ass last year? Now you're a Caps fan?

There's nothing worse than a bandwagon hopper!
    Oh come on, that isn't fair at all. Who in their right mind would actually be a Montreal bandwagon fan? This isn't the 70s. Montreal hasn't won shit recently to justify anyone hopping on any sort of bandwagon. Same goes for Washington. Who hops on a bandwagon for a team that is the regular season champs year after year but constantly disappoints in the playoffs? Sure if there was ever a year to bandwagon for the Caps it would be this one since they have a real goalie, but there are much more tempting bandwagons with open seats like the Wings, Pens, Flyers, Sharks when they eventually stop sucking, etc.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I've always been a Capitals fan, as much as I am a Habs fan. I was really enthusiastic about Carey Price last year after seeing them play the Lightning in Tampa is all. :P

Plus it's nice being one of a handful of Capitals people in Halifax.
    Maybe you guys will get a home town team soon when the Yotes move lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    The return of the Halifax Citadels as an NHL team instead of AHL would be wonderful. xD

The Mooseheads are doing very well in the QMJHL this year too, which seems to be stirring up more hockey fans around here as well. :3
    red panda red panda red panda!

Was at the Leafs' game last night, and going to see the new Jets tomorrow. Should be fun times. If the Leafs can harness that last 8 minutes of the game last night and play like that for 30 minutes of a game, they will do well. Reimer let in some softies, but a point is a point. Take what you can get, I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Was at the Leafs' game last night, and going to see the new Jets tomorrow. Should be fun times. If the Leafs can harness that last 8 minutes of the game last night and play like that for 30 minutes of a game, they will do well. Reimer let in some softies, but a point is a point. Take what you can get, I guess.
    Don't forget the fact that they missed an open net and bounced a few pucks off the posts. They've gotta bury the puck and score more goals to compete. Kessel is great, but others need to step up too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hawks need to win tonight!!!

p.s Grats Canucks Kesler makes his debut tonight, it still wont save you.
    Last edited by Garbles; 2011-10-18 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Anyone who is an expansion team fan isn't a real hockey fan. HFboards are full of trolls and idiots who don't know shit about anything.
    Lol what teh fuck?

Yea, we haven't won yet, but hell if I know... You won't here the end of it from me once we do

Teams I like:
    Canucks
    LA
    Carolina

Teams disliked:
    Blackhawks
    Calgary

Indifferent about Boston, they deserved the win last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Both of their wins have been close games (3-2 against Columbus, 4-3 against Edmonton), and Luongo is playing like shit.
    There's more to it than the win/loss record 5 games in; they were playing a much tighter game last year; now they look loose and undisciplined - like they did against Boston in the playoffs.
    They've had shitty starts like this 6 or 7 seasons in a row now.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    5 Hated List

1. Boston Bruins (I actually kind of liked them before the playoff series. The only Canucks season game I went to last year was against Boston)
    2. Chicago Blackhawks (I don't need to explain this one, do I?)
    3. Carolina Hurricanes (I liked Hartford)
    4. Colorado Avalanche (Just leftover hate from when we used to fight them for playoff spots)
    5. Minnesota Wild (See above)
    Come on dude, Boston over Chicago?

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kynn View Post
    Exactly, no Ryan Kesler, Luongo a notorious slow starter, and the fact that the regulars were resting the entire preseason minus the last game. No one is surprised by this slow start.

Leafs fans think Canucks can't make the playoffs, hilarious. Can't wait till whatever 7-10 game losing streak brings you guys back down to earth again. 3-0 is not a big deal.
    Yeap. Now we need a good winger for him. Higgins and Hodgson are alright players but he needs someone as skillful as him.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Toronto has a good shot. They need to play a consistent season though. They would have made it in last year if they didn't fall asleep from Nov to Feb. Injuries aside.. it was a rough patch that you can't make up for.
    I think they'll be to squeeze int his year definitely. There's Carolina which I also think has a good chance provided Ward doesn't play like he has a stick up his ass.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Hawks need to win tonight!!!

p.s Grats Canucks Kesler makes his debut tonight, it still wont save you.
    All hail the Keslord

Last edited by Xevan; 2011-10-18 at 06:42 PM.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. What to watch tonight?

I've got Buffalo at Montreal or Pittsburgh at Minnesota at 730. Leaning Montreal
    Then later got some Rangers at Vancouver.

So glad hockey is back!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    To actually say that anyone who is a fan of the 24 expansion teams isn't a real hockey fan, is just being a prat.
    Canucks are the better team on paper, and will probably finish in a much better position than the Leafs. We're 5 games in, think.
    Better on paper how? Yeah so what, they have the Sedin's who are overrated as hell, most of their scoring comes from one or two lines, even last season Toronto had 3 lines that could score, it was all a matter of consistency. Their defence on paper is hardly better then Toronto's, get guy's like Komisarek and Phaneuf playing like they did a few years ago (which Komi is rebounding from a tough last season), plus once Schenn gets going, their top 4 is exceptional. It's all about performance and so far Vancouver's D has been absolutely atrocious on the ice and Luongo can't seem to stop a freaking beach ball, at least the Leafs can block shots and Reimer can make some amazing saves that you would expect out of your number 1 goalie.

Honestly, I'd wish the Leafs would send Gunnarsson to the minors and bring Keith Aulie back up, dunno how they put the guy on the top pairing when he doesn't hit worth shit.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    By all accounts, Toronto should have won that game. They were the better team from the second period onwards pretty much, they had far too many scoring chances. If they had buried all those pucks, the final score would have been like 6-2. I'd be happy with 9 of 10 points in the first 5 games to be honest. Kessel has just been dynamite too, he was named 1st star of the week by the NHL for his 5 goals and 3 assists last week. What was killing them was Colorado's forechecking, turning over the puck and some zone clearing issues.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 05:15 PM ----------

Actually, I was doing some thinking about the plans to reorganize the divisions with Winnipeg being back. Assuming Phoenix doesn't lose their team, why not put either Boston, Toronto or Buffalo in the South East division and move Winnipeg to the North East division? How does that not make sense since their travel distance is not really much further then Detroit?
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-10-18 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would just move out Nashville, If the Hawks and Wings get split up next season i cant even explain how mad ill be, an original six rivalry... Nashville can squeeze right on in the southeast...
    Last edited by Garbles; 2011-10-18 at 09:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Hmm. What to watch tonight?

I've got Buffalo at Montreal or Pittsburgh at Minnesota at 730. Leaning Montreal
    Then later got some Rangers at Vancouver.

So glad hockey is back!
    Not sure what all games will be on CenterIce tonight, in HD because SD can suck my dick, but my plan is Caps/Panthers at 7, Buffalo/Montreal at 7:30 mixed in along with some of the Philly/Ottawa game, then the Canucks/Rangers game at 10.

---------- Post added 2011-10-18 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I wish they would just move out Nashville, the original six rivalry the hawks and wings have is just too rich, id hate to see them split like that.
    Detroit and Toronto have more history. We want back with the Leafs damn it!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Not sure what all games will be on CenterIce tonight, in HD because SD can suck my dick, but my plan is Caps/Panthers at 7, Buffalo/Montreal at 7:30 mixed in along with some of the Philly/Ottawa game, then the Canucks/Rangers game at 10.

I'd rather just see more road games in the west then having a billion fucking games against Montrelawl and Ottalawl. I don't see how we can't play Detroit and Chicago in home and home series more often, it's not that far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I was doing some thinking about the plans to reorganize the divisions with Winnipeg being back. Assuming Phoenix doesn't lose their team, why not put either Boston, Toronto or Buffalo in the South East division and move Winnipeg to the North East division? How does that not make sense since their travel distance is not really much further then Detroit?
    It still causes start time issues for the East Coast teams and Winnipeg is a healthy distance from Detroit/Columbus. Not to mention it does absolutely nothing to solve the travel disparity for the Wings and Jackets. Plus I doubt Boston would leave a division with the Habs and Leafs. Same for the other two teams. It doesn't make sense to break up those in conference rivalries. Yes that is contradictory to my previously stated "Chicago and Detroit rivalry means nothing" statements, but at least the Wings are moving to a conference with teams they have decades of history with. Even Columbus could have geographical rivalry with some teams in the East, certainly moreso than they have with anyone in the West aside from Detroit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It still causes start time issues for the East Coast teams and Winnipeg is a healthy distance from Detroit/Columbus. Not to mention it does absolutely nothing to solve the travel disparity for the Wings and Jackets. Plus I doubt Boston would leave a division with the Habs and Leafs. Same for the other two teams. It doesn't make sense to break up those in conference rivalries. Yes that is contradictory to my previously stated "Chicago and Detroit rivalry means nothing" statements, but at least the Wings are moving to a conference with teams they have decades of history with. Even Columbus could have geographical rivalry with some teams in the East, certainly moreso than they have with anyone in the West aside from Detroit.
    Central time, it's one bleeding hour. Start games at the usual time, I don't think the people who go to the games in Winnipeg would care if they started at 6:30 CST. And if they want to keep conference rivalries together, then put Chicago in the East as well. Hell, if Hamilton or Quebec City got an NHL team, what's the league going to do then? They will just have to reorganize the conferences again. If Phoenix moves to either of those two cities, they will have to throw someone from the East into the West and the best choice at that point would be Winnipeg since they are the furthest west anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they would move any team from the NE division to be honest. The rivalries there are well established and sell a lot of tickets. Boston is pretty far from anything considered "South East" since it's furthest NE team as it is.

Not sure what all games will be on CenterIce tonight, in HD because SD can suck my dick, but my plan is Caps/Panthers at 7, Buffalo/Montreal at 7:30 mixed in along with some of the Philly/Ottawa game, then the Canucks/Rangers game at 10.[COLOR="red"]
    Only getting games on TSN tonight. TSN 2 is playing the Pittsburgh game but I really don't care about either of those teams.

10+ Year Old Account

pfffft...im sure some can think back to Gordie Howe and Bobby Hull bashing each others faces in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Come on dude, Boston over Chicago?
    Whenever I feel hatred for Chicago, I just do a quick youtube search of the Burrow's goal. When I feel hatred for Boston, I don't have anything available to make me feel better.

All hail the Keslord
    Hail!

Also, apparently the Canucks will be honoring Rypien tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Whenever I feel hatred for Chicago, I just do a quick youtube search of the Burrow's goal. When I feel hatred for Boston, I don't have anything available to make me feel better.
    I understand your hate for Chicago, but why Boston?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haters gonna hate.

Are Detroit even playing this season? they seem to be getting extended holidays after every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ottawa already down 4-0 against philly, love it

15+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder: the chat channel is up and active at #mmoc-hockey on Quakenet. Lots of Ottawa bashing and other fun chat.