Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Not really, its just been awhile since Toronto fans had something to brag about. I'll get used to it again.
    We still don't have much to brag about. We had a good start last year too, remember what happened? To say I have my hopes up, would imply the needing of having "hopes". On that note, there still my team, and I will love them regardless, know why? Cause that's what an actual fan does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    We still don't have much to brag about. We had a good start last year too, remember what happened? To say I have my hopes up, would imply the needing of having "hopes". On that note, there still my team, and I will love them regardless, know why? Cause that's what an actual fan does.
    Toronto will have Reimer backing them for the majority of the season, which is enough for them to be a bottom seed playoff team. With arguably one of the deepest defensive core in the league, and an offense that has the potential to be deadly, Toronto can finish anywhere from 5th-9th in the East. I currently have them at 7th, but obviously this is all early season speculations.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Toronto will have Reimer backing them for the majority of the season, which is enough for them to be a bottom seed playoff team. With arguably one of the deepest defensive core in the league, and an offense that has the potential to be deadly, Toronto can finish anywhere from 5th-9th in the East. I currently have them at 7th, but obviously this is all early season speculations.
    With any luck Gustavsson will gain some confidence over the win last night. Reimer is great, but can't play every single game. I think NJ tried playing Brodeur every game and that didn't get them far.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-10-28 at 08:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    First loss! D:

Oiliers did well though, I'm happy for them after the few years they've been crap.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 4 games on tonight =[

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone see the nashville/lightning game last night.

I had to laugh the ref was from nashville (Wtf NHL how can you let shit like that happen)

Lightning goalie cleared the puck hit the ref, nashville scored (Another WTF)

Penalties lopsided all night. How much does this happen? They rough tampa bay off setting penalties, tampa roughs them, they go on the PP. Yea right.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    Anyone see the nashville/lightning game last night.

I had to laugh the ref was from nashville (Wtf NHL how can you let shit like that happen)

Lightning goalie cleared the puck hit the ref, nashville scored (Another WTF)

Penalties lopsided all night. How much does this happen? They rough tampa bay off setting penalties, tampa roughs them, they go on the PP. Yea right.
    see this alot in detroit because of holmstrom where goals are straight up negated merely for him having his ass in front of the goalie.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    see this alot in detroit because of holmstrom where goals are straight up negated merely for him having his ass in front of the goalie.
    If you make contact with the goalie while in the crease, it's goaltender interference. Fucking Ryan Callahan was did that at least twice where the Rangers had a goal waved off because it was interference, he was intentionally hitting Gustavsson trying to get his lousy fail ass team some goals. Getting a little sick of other teams attacking our goalies, I wonder how long it's going to take before someone gets suspended for a hit that injures a goalie because of irrational actions.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 06:36 PM ----------

With how some teams in the East are playing without a string of injuries to their core roster, it's amusing that Toronto is where they are despite having faced several injury issues already. Pittsburgh is the same way though in reality, their two best players are out yet they show how much depth their team has even without two of the league's top forwards on the roster. That plus Fleury can carry their asses pretty damn well too, he really has flourished into a great goalie. One would think that the teams who are playing well without some of their key players in the lineup, might be more dangerous then anticipated. I didn't expect Pittsburgh to be holding out as well as they are with their injury issues, but early on they are showing that they got what it takes without Crosby and Malkin.

I can't see Toronto really being a bubble team anymore, but there are at least 10 teams in the East who are all either post season contenders or bubble teams so as to whether or not they will be the post season contenders or a bubble team is to be determined. Ottawa, New York Islanders, Winnipeg and Florida are sure fire teams to miss the playoffs, though the Islanders could be a threat for that 8th seed if they get better goaltending but there is no way Ottawa's winning train will continue for very long, especially with Toronto on Sunday night. I'd like to see the Leafs walk away with all 4 points this weekend, but I know that Pittsburgh is going to put up a tough fight that's for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    If you make contact with the goalie while in the crease, it's goaltender interference. Fucking Ryan Callahan was did that at least twice where the Rangers had a goal waved off because it was interference, he was intentionally hitting Gustavsson trying to get his lousy fail ass team some goals. Getting a little sick of other teams attacking our goalies, I wonder how long it's going to take before someone gets suspended for a hit that injures a goalie because of irrational actions.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 06:36 PM ----------

With how some teams in the East are playing without a string of injuries to their core roster, it's amusing that Toronto is where they are despite having faced several injury issues already. Pittsburgh is the same way though in reality, their two best players are out yet they show how much depth their team has even without two of the league's top forwards on the roster. That plus Fleury can carry their asses pretty damn well too, he really has flourished into a great goalie. One would think that the teams who are playing well without some of their key players in the lineup, might be more dangerous then anticipated. I didn't expect Pittsburgh to be holding out as well as they are with their injury issues, but early on they are showing that they got what it takes without Crosby and Malkin.

I can't see Toronto really being a bubble team anymore, but there are at least 10 teams in the East who are all either post season contenders or bubble teams so as to whether or not they will be the post season contenders or a bubble team is to be determined. Ottawa, New York Islanders, Winnipeg and Florida are sure fire teams to miss the playoffs, though the Islanders could be a threat for that 8th seed if they get better goaltending but there is no way Ottawa's winning train will continue for very long, especially with Toronto on Sunday night. I'd like to see the Leafs walk away with all 4 points this weekend, but I know that Pittsburgh is going to put up a tough fight that's for sure.
    this may be the case, but more often than not Homer never even TOUCHES the goalie and its called back, just tonight in the first the goaltender came out of his crease and contacted Homer and the goal was waved off.
    take a look at this for a classic example of goal called back cuz of homer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q74-3...eature=related

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    this may be the case, but more often than not Homer never even TOUCHES the goalie and its called back, just tonight in the first the goaltender came out of his crease and contacted Homer and the goal was waved off.
    take a look at this for a classic example of goal called back cuz of homer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q74-3...eature=related
    That play still makes me angry. Some of the ones called off I can understand, but that one wasn't even remotely close to interference in any way. I don't see how they can wave off a goal and not call a penalty in the same play, like that video. if you interfere with a goalie to the point of impeding their ability to make a save, how is it not a goaltender interference penalty? That is just one of many situations in the NHL where the refs are wildly inconsistent with the calls depending on who the players are. I'm sure Marcellos will bring this up if I don't, but the Sharks scored a goal in the playoffs last year that won them the game, think it was game 7 actually, where Setoguchi was literally on top of Howard in the crease but the goal stood and no penalty was called. If that was Homer, it is no goal and he is in the box. Its the same thing as certain stars getting away with penalties most guys get whistled for, a certain high stick comes to mine nudge nudge Leafs fans. The refs do a better job than they used to do when Frasier was still in the stripes and at least it isn't like the NFL where the refereeing crews sometimes seem to be working out of different rule books, especially on quarterback hits, or the NBA where the refs intentionally influence games, but it is still bad sometimes.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The Rangers have to do that sort of stuff though because they are apparently fucking terrible this year. Not sure who is more disappointing at this point in the year, the Rangers, Habs, or Bruins.

---------- Post added 2011-10-28 at 08:45 PM ----------

Huge freaking hats off to Patty Marleau on that goal. Absolutely fantastic job beating White to that dumped puck and chipping it past Howard. Freaking great job. Exactly the sort of effort plays the Sharks need in the playoffs if they want to make it all the way this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad the moment I turn on the Wings game the Sharks score twice. -.-
    First Red wings game I'm gonna have to miss, damn world series.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-10-29 at 12:52 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Script your right, Game 7 game winner was clearly Goalie Interference, the guy just RAN INTO Howard, no call.

---------- Post added 2011-10-29 at 01:02 AM ----------

wow 3 on 1 against filp?

---------- Post added 2011-10-29 at 01:03 AM ----------

no penalty on that bullshit? Filp DID NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Rangers have to do that sort of stuff though because they are apparently fucking terrible this year. Not sure who is more disappointing at this point in the year, the Rangers, Habs, or Bruins.[COLOR="red"]
    I hate to say it, but Rangers should bring Avery back. They seem to get a huge morale lift from having him.

This thread just got owned by the Kids, it is now known as Oil Country mwhahaha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevrock View Post
    This thread just got owned by the Kids, it is now known as Oil Country mwhahaha.
    I'm alright with that. God knows Edmonton deserves to not be awful for once. They certainly have the talent starting to blossom in that team and Habby is playing like the goalie I used to always pick up in old NHL games. I don't see him keeping it up for the whole season though and I don't see how they or the Avs can hold off the Canucks in that division for the entire year, but the Oil isn't going to be 15th in the West and damn it, improvement is improvement.

Why does Detroit always lose to San Jose...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Why does Detroit always lose to San Jose...
    They are our evil twin. They are built so incredibly similar to our team that it just comes down to who plays slightly better on a particular night or how the bounces go (or as Marcellos will say, how the whistles go). Ridiculous playmaking center who is one of the best offensive defenseman in the NHL, check with Thornton. Scrappy guy that takes shit in front of the net and always finds the rebounds, check plus with Clowe who is better than Homer at this point because of age. Young goalie that has deep experience in the playoffs, check. They are the Wings little brother, just like MSU is Michigan's little brother. Just so happens that right now little brother is kicking big bros ass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    They are our evil twin. They are built so incredibly similar to our team that it just comes down to who plays slightly better on a particular night or how the bounces go (or as Marcellos will say, how the whistles go). Ridiculous playmaking center who is one of the best offensive defenseman in the NHL, check with Thornton. Scrappy guy that takes shit in front of the net and always finds the rebounds, check plus with Clowe who is better than Homer at this point because of age. Young goalie that has deep experience in the playoffs, check. They are the Wings little brother, just like MSU is Michigan's little brother. Just so happens that right now little brother is kicking big bros ass.
    ehh, the only whistle i didn't like in that game against San Jose was the dissallowed goal that would have sent the game to OT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to my first hockey game of the season at the ACC tonight! woohoo! Should be a good and tough game. Not the best seats in the world but I'm not worried, going for dinner in the city and drinks afterwards!

So excited! Gotta get ready and catch the train! Enjoy all the games tonight, chat is available if you guys want to use it.
    Go Leafs Go!

Lol @ people still talking about Luongo.
    I remember it all too well